Chapter 74 - A Chance For Redemption

Blake

The White Fang launched their assault on the Acolytes of Lien, trucks driven by the Faunus Militia roared through the open gates that were blown open thanks to Nora's efforts. The three Dreadnaughts that they managed to get their hands on soared across the sky, opening fire on the other Acolytes of Lien Dreadnaughts that they brought with them. The Drift of Wandering Star remained at a distance in the sky, but it was still the biggest danger that the allies faced. And was undoubtedly Kelham's most dangerous weapon and wildcard.

The Trucks had powerful weapons mounted on the back of them, from Machine Guns to Gauss Cannons that fired focused kinetic energy at their targets. And there were others that had powerful batteries of missiles built into the back of the Technicals. Brave Militia Warriors shot forward on Quadbikes as well, with a soldier riding on the rear with their machine guns firing at the Acolytes of Lien. The Hellfire Tanks that they stole unleashed fire upon the Barricade that Blake and Ren managed to weaken when they took out the Shield Weaver.

A shell shot over their heads and exploded against the leg of one of the Hellfire Tanks. The hulking weapon crumbled down to one knee, flames and sparks bled out from the leg as the White Fang made their assault. Blake stood tall beside Mazen, who looked at Arkaas and Kaa and he nodded. Arkaas' wings extended, and he flew up into the air, launching arrows from his bow that stabbed straight through the chest of one of the Marksmen that stood in the Watchtowers. He dove down and spun through the air, slashing his cybernetic talons across the bodies of three soldiers. He rolled across the floor and he opened up his wing of feathers, protected by aura, blocking the incoming missile that was fired towards him. He staggered at the explosion erupted against him. He swiftly swung round and drew the sword on his back, charged with electrical dust, striking straight through another Acolyte of Lien who fell near him.

Kaa sprinted across the battlefield, and she rolled across one of the destroyed chunks of a building, jumping off and kicking a soldier in the chest with both feet. She reached down to her belt and unsheathed her dual daggers and stabbed one of them into the throat of a soldier, before she landed and threw the second that went right into his visor. The glass cracked and blood leaked through the fissures, before she flicked her hair back and smirked. She hissed as she stared at the Tremor Trooper who slammed his gauntlets together with great force. The soldier charged towards her and she jumped up in the air and slammed his fist into the ground.

The powerful pistons built into the armour blasted down into the ground and blew the tarmac to smithereens. But Kaa jumped up into the air, performing a graceful backflip as she dodged all the razor-sharp chunks of concrete that was flung her way. She landed down on the ground and her serpentine eyes glared at the soldier who ran at her again. He swung his fist forward and the piston shot forward, only for her to duck under him, she moved like a snake too, so hard to land a hit on from how flexible she was. She wrapped her legs around his arm she twisted her body round him and threw herself high above his head. She took her knife and drove it into the back of the soldier's neck, slamming him down to the ground.

Kaa smiled as she pulled the knife from his neck, staring at his corpse.

Mazen watched as his forces decimated through the defences of the Acolytes of Lien, who were not ready for the attackers to receive reinforcements of this scale. And Ortega's Reinforcements had not even turned up yet. Blake looked at Mazen as he spun his Chainsword through his fingers. Soldiers and Atlesian Knights came sprinting towards him. "Mazen... why are you doing this?" She asked with confusion, since the last time they spoke he was hellbent on fighting against them. Because of what happened with Sienna Khan.

He stopped and looked back at her. "You said you were wrong... what changed your mind?" Blake asked him and the Masked White Fang High Leader looked right at her.