Chapter 77 - The Aphax Violet

Penny

Penny slid across the road, thrown from an Acolytes of Lien Paladin, the warzone was raging endlessly between the battling sides. The Paladin aimed its powerful cannons at the Android and opened fire on her, shredding through the terrain, but she flipped backwards, jumping high in the air as she launched her Floating Array of swords towards the mechanised vehicle. They stabbed into the armour plating and she yanked the cables as hard as she could, toppling it over to the ground.

The Paladin slammed against the tarmac, punching its metal fist into the ground as it stood back up. Penny leapt towards the Paladin with her swords, slashing them with great speed and force, green energy coursed through her blades as she cut clean through the armour plating that covered its body. But the Paladin grabbed her and threw her across the battlefield. She crashed through the burning vehicles that surrounded their street, destroyed from the constant barrage of gunfire. The vehicle that she collided into exploded, shattering like glass as her metal body crashed into it.

Penny rolled across the ground, groaning in pain as she felt her aura crackle – it was not broken but she had taken a beating from this long battle. Where they had better skills and weaponry than individual soldiers, they had far more soldiers and ammunition – meaning that they could take them all down by attrition alone. Penny pushed herself back up to her feet, staring at the Paladin as it's shoulders opened up and the missiles blasted out from the silos. Penny's eyes widened, until the missiles all exploded out of the sky.

Penny gasped and she turned, wide eyed as she saw both Yenna and Cinder flying through the air, launching frozen leaves towards the swarmer missiles. The flames erupted in the sky and Penny smiled, standing back up as the two Maidens flew overhead. Cinder dove down and she launched her Glass Sword down towards one of the soldiers who was sneaking up behind Penny. The sword pinned her to the floor, killing her instantly, saving Penny's life from the soldier. She saw the Paladin spin round and start firing its powerful machine guns up at the two Maidens. Yenna launched herself down towards the heavy M.E.C.H.

The Paladin swung its fist towards her but Yenna slammed her fist into it with all her might, the sheer power of the Spring Maiden's Power buckled and snapped the pistons in the arm of the Paladin. It staggered back, the entire arm broke apart and Yenna slid across the ground, blasting lightning from her hand which staggered the Paladin backwards. Cinder banked around one of the buildings and she shot through the street where the smouldering wreckages of Mercenary Vehicles, and she drove both her swords into the chest of the huge vehicle. She channelled flames into them, and caused the swords to explode, just as Cinder jumped off the Paladin.

The entire vehicle shattered in the flames, and Cinder landed on the ground, looking at the collapsing remnants of the vehicle. Yenna landed beside the Fall Maiden and she gently punched her shoulder, glad to see her alive. "Good to see you still kicking, Cinder." Yenna greeted as she nodded her head. Cinder smiled and stood tall, looking back at Penny and she walked over to the Android.

"Penny... gods we thought we lost you." Cinder said, helping her back up to her feet.

"Cinder, what happened? We saw from nearby, the Drift of Wandering Star opened fire on you." Penny explained and Cinder nodded her head, looking at Yenna.

"I'll explain what happened when all this is over... but trust me when I say this – if you see Raven... kill her on sight." Cinder warned, Yenna and Penny's eyes widened, and the Spring Maiden stopped Cinder from walking away.

"Wait, what the hell does that mean?" Yenna questioned and Cinder looked at her. It hurt... because she knew that only she, the four and Kassius' team knew about Raven's betrayal... and Winter's death.