Chapter 90 - Craziest. Plan. Ever.

Kassius

"Lemme get this straight..." Coco massaged her temples, stressed at the idea – the craziest idea she had ever heard – that Kassius Locke had just come up with. "You want us to RIDE A LEVIATHAN?" Coco questioned, and Cardin nodded his head, with Velvet and Emerald both equally in awe.

"Yeah, I'm totally on their side on this, Kassius. I mean... dude what the fuck? We've done some crazy shit before on this little adventure, but this is taking shit to a whole new level!" Cardin said as he pointed to the weak Leviathan, it was slowly coming to, snarling as it shook its head, and started to make its first steps.

"Look at it, the thing is basically a new-born right now. It's the biggest baby I have ever seen, but still a baby. We've seen Lesser Grimm practically kick into gear a second or two after birth, but something that size? It needs more time to familiarise itself with its own body and capabilities. We have a few minutes – tops – before that thing is fully operational. We can use that time to our advantage and climb our way up those rocks to jump onto the spines. Once Hyde is on it, he can possess it, and we will use that Leviathan like a battering ram. Hell we could bring this whole cavern down to stop this massive lake of Tar from creating more Leviathan-Class Grimm. That was always the plan in stopping Salem's production of Grimm here, if we destroy the Tar Pits, we cut off her reinforcements." Kassius explained to them.

"What if Umbra just decides – eh fuck it, here's the Oncoming Shadow – like he did to the Arkhoni?" Emerald questioned.

"Come on, it's Vir Nominis Umbra. The bastard never cheats, he may give us one hell of a challenge, but he would never make a battle end in his favour from the get-go. Takes away the enjoyment of the challenge." Kassius stated, and they all nodded their heads in agreement. Umbra always plays fair – so to speak – he may give his side an extra advantage, like giving Salem the Summer Maiden's Power, but they still had an extraordinarily strong chance of victory.

"We just have to be smart... and a little crazy." Kassius said, they all looked at each other, hearing that Leviathan growl as it started to focus and wake up.

"Screw it if Hyde's up to it then we can trust him. He hasn't failed us yet." Velvet said with a smile, which made Hyde incredibly happy to hear.

Kassius holstered Lash Equinox but he cracked his neck – readying himself for this plan. "Just so you know, Kassius? You've had a lot of batshit crazy ideas. But this one? Craziest. Plan. Ever." Coco said, with a big smirk on her face. "And I wouldn't have it any other way."

"Yatsu? Fox? You with us?" Kassius asked them.

"You kidding? Jumping on a Leviathan with the slim chance your Demon in your head can take control of it so we can kick some giant Grimm ass?" Fox asked. "Sounds like fun."

"Hell yeah, we're with you. This will be one hell of a story to tell." Yatsuhashi agreed. The Leviathan roared, the sound it made was near deafening with the enclosed stone and Shadow Dust walls around them, but they kept moving. Even from all the way down here they could hear the conflict above them, the sound of missiles shrieking and exploding around them.

"Let's do this." Kassius said, he sprinted first, and everyone stayed right behind him. The massive Leviathan started to move, walking one step at a time with its little arms tucked back against its chest. Its six burning orange eyes came to as it walked, its duty quickly formed in its empty mind, walking slowly up the path from the Grimm pool behind it. Kassius and the crew just managed to make it to the massive pillar of rocks before that massive Leviathan turned the corner.

"Quick!" Cardin softly said as they clambered up the many bulky rocks, jumping up some of them to make time. Kassius hauled his way up to the top of the rocks as the Leviathan got closer and closer towards the pillar that they were all climbing up the side of. The Leviathan growled as it walked, and Kassius stood on a flat surface on the rocks, staring at the monster, waiting for the right moment.