Shades of Grey

Sky

"Talk about rock bottom." Sam laughed as I glared at her.
"He dad just lost his job, imagine if your grandfather went bankrupt, you guys might look just like this." I frowned as she nodded.
"I feel bad, if only I could have stopped that dog, she wouldn't be in this." Danny sighed as I rubbed his shoulder.
"She's having a hard week, which means I can catch her on the rebound!" Tucker smiled brightly as he walked over to Valerie. "Hey Val, I heard what happened." He frowned sympathetically.
"Oh great. Words already moved to the bottom of the social grapevine." She rolled her eyes.
"Hey, he's just trying to help. We all are." I retorted.
"You easily can still be popular, why are you with them? If I'm rock bottom, there apparently still lower, because you've hit that one." She sassed as I growled at her.
"And what if I don't want to be popular? My brain can't possibly handle all of their mindless talks about nails and cuticle care. I think I just lost a brain cell just thinking about it!" I raged as Danny placed his hand on my arm.
"Let's go." Danny starts as a blue mist comes out of his mouth.
"Yeah, let's." I grumbled as I hopped onto my scooter.
"I'll be back." Danny said as he went ghost and flew over to a familiar large green dog.
"Cujo?" I called as the dog shrunk and ran to me.
"Hey boy, miss me? Because I missed you so much!" I coddled the dog close to my chest as Danny flew over to me.
"How did you get out of the Ghost Zone?" Danny cooed as he scratched underneath Cujo's chin. Cujo barked happily as we left for Danny's house.

***

"Brutal." Tucker exclaimed as I nodded in agreement.
"Valerie just go scorched by her friends." Danny cringed.
"Maybe she needs better friends." Sam shrugged
"My thoughts exactly!" Tucker beamed as he dashed over to her before Cujo takes her lunch.

***

"I'm telling you this is one bad dog. Every time I throw him into the ghost zone, he tunnels out through the portal and comes looking for me or you!" Danny sighs exasperated.
"He's not a bad dog, he's just a puppy. Puppies do these kind of things. Maybe you should train him?" I smiled as I handed him my book and walked away.
"Whoa, where are you going?" He pleaded.
"I can't be seen near the ghost boy, your parents and mine would either kill me or ask nonstop questions." I shrugged as I walked away to read the new book I just got, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Battle of the Labyrinth.

***

"Who was that!? Such a cool outfit!" I fangirled.
"Don't know, don't care... see the ball boy? Fetch!" Danny yells as he makes an energy ball and throws it as the dog runs after it. "Oh man she's coming! Sky, hide!" He exclaims as he starts pushing me.
"No time!" I say as I push him down underneath me and start kissing him.
"Got you now ghost boy! Ew!" The suited girl shrieks.
"Um, excuse you? We're busy here!" I sass.
"I thought you had better taste than that." The girl wrinkled her nose as she flew away.
"That sounded like Valerie. Danny... Danny? You didn't think it was a real kiss, did you?" I secretly hoped he did.
"No! Why?! D- did you?" He questioned as he snapped out of his daze.

***

"You guys kissed?" Tucker fangirled.
"No! It was a fake out make out!" Danny and I shouted at the same time then blushed.

(I'm done with this one... ish... if I decide to go back and finish it I'll do that... if not, well this is it. Bye!)