His Dark Side

Sky

Recap

"I've been waiting a long time for this.  Goodbye and good--" Valerie starts as Sam Tucker and I jump in between them.
"Valerie, no!" Tucker says
"Don't shoot." Sam adds.
"Sam? Tucker? I-It's not possible! This is a trick! You can't be alive!" She pulls back.
"Wait. Not alive? That's our future? I'm definitely not taking the C.A.T.!" Tucker whines.
"The C.A.T. That's the last time I saw you alive. The explosion at the Nasty Burger... you, Tucker, Danny's family-- And it was all your fault!" She rages.
"Valerie stop!" I say and her eyes widen with tears before Danny pulls me back as a green flame barely misses my face.
"No Val. That was me." Dark Danny says.

"Sam, Tucker it's been a while... ten years to be accurate... Sky? You're still alive?" Dark Danny stepped back.
"Still alive?" Sam asks.
"I'll tell you later." I whispered as dark Danny placed his hand under my chin to make me look up at him.
"Still beautiful. Though I didn't see how badly it was affecting you until now." He said frowning as he backed up. "So to what do I owe this little blast from the past?" He chuckled until he saw the medallions. "Clockwork, meddling again." He growled as he pushed me behind him and raised his hand to shoot at them before Valerie shot at him first.
"I suppose out of respect of our past I should let you live... but I don't work like that." Dark Danny held Valerie up with his hand around her throat and throws her. Danny escapes from the net and goes over to rescue her.

"You know if I had an ounce of humanity left, this would be a touching little reunion. But of course I surrendered my human half a long time ago." He grinned as Danny told us to run after shooting his older self. Dark Danny grabbed me as Sam and Tucker ran. "Where are they going to go?" He chuckled as his grip on me tightened as a building fell on them.
"No!" I screamed as I covered my eyes with my hands as Danny flew over with us on his tail.
"They made it out! Which means-" Danny started.
"What? Go back to them? They're doomed anyway. And you aren't going anywhere if you can't remove your medallion." He chuckled evily as he fusses the medallion into Danny's chest. As he screams and faints dark Danny places me on the ground.
"Sleep... you need it." He instructs as I look at him. "Stop that and go to sleep." He scolds as I place my head on the broken up cement and fall into a fearful sleep.

***

"Strange how one massive fireball of highly combustible condiments can ruin your whole future." I heard as my eyes started to flutter open.
"The time medallion?" Danny asked bound in chains.
"Fused inside you. Nice, huh? Intangible and unreachable whether you're ghost or human which means... you can't go back in time." Dark Danny smirked as he looked down at me. "I can tell when you're awake, I've watched you sleep everytime we slept together." He grinned as I slowly sat up feeling a horrible pain stream up my spine. I bit my lip as I tried not to scream. "And I also know when you're trying not to scream from the pain. You always bit your lower lip." He added as I hid my face. He cupped my face and pulled me closer as I quickly turned my head so his lips would miss mine and kiss my cheek instead.
"Fine, have fun in this time while I destroy yours." He said as he became a perfect clone of Danny, breaks one of the time medallions and throws us into a portal he made.
"What are we going to do?" I asked.
"I don't know." He answers.
"Do you really watch me sleep?" I ask trying to lift the mood.
"N-no! Maybe... only sometimes... when I can't sleep." He stutters as I smile.
"I'm kidding, I used to do that when I was little, trying to make sure everyone was ok... so that doesn't bother me." I laughed as he laughed with me before we bumped into the box ghost.
"Well, well, well, what do we have here? All this time we've been planning how we'd take the fight to you, and here you are. Wrapped up like a present." He grins as he grabs Danny.
"Box ghost?" Danny asks.
"Beware." He smiles menacingly as he shoots Danny into Ember.
"Ember? You look..." Danny starts as he looks at the larger singer.
"Like I went to seed right after you destroyed my vocal cords with that Ghostly Wail of yours?" She grumbled
"I was gonna say statuesque, but uh--" he begins as she punched him into a balding Johnny in a wheelchair. "Johnny 13?!  Ok, whatever happened to you, I swear I had nothing to do with--"
"I've been waiting a long time for this punk." He lifts a blanket to reveal Shadow.
"Wait!" I plea as I push myself in front of him.
"Princess Skylar?" Johnny asks as I nod.
"You died... just before he became king." Ember pointed accusingly at Danny.
"Please, this is a big mistake and we're trying to fix it. But I kinda need him alive to fix all this." I smiled softly as he held onto me.
"Try to live through your curse princess. We need you." Johnny pleaded as I nodded, not promising anything.
"We believe you princess." The Skulker half said.
"But we still have to eliminate him." The Technus half threatened as he grabbed me and Ember held me back.
"Let her GOOOOO!" Danny howled releasing his new found power, his ghostly wail, and his bonds disintegrated at the power of his wail. "Woah, hey why didn't it do anything to you?" He asked.
"Royals have I guess are immune to ghostly wails? Only those that have royal blood in them... don't ask about me. It's complicated and gross." I held up my hand to stop his question about that.
"Ok... so OW!" He yelped as the boooomerang hit him in the back of the head.
"There's a note." I said as I untied the familiar blue head band to get to the note and shoved it in my pocket.
"Jazz?" I said as he nodded.
"Wisconsin? Plasmius. He must have something to do with this!" Danny growled as I nodded and he carried me to a large football in front of portal.
"He's as subtle as a flying mallet." I laughed as we pushed it out of the way and went through.
"Come to kick a defenseless old man while he's down?" A crippled man said.
"Defenseless? Old? Man, what happened to you?" Danny asked.
"I could ask the same for you my dear boy. Although I should be asking what hasn't happened... Yet." He said as his eyes shift to me and turn sad.
"Especially you my darling." Vlad gazed into my eyes.
"Is it really that bad?" I whispered not really wanting to know.
"For your families it went quickly, they felt no pain, but the same can't be said for you two." He starts. "You both came to my home as you both had no where to go and you, princess, was dying slowly and painfully. We looked everywhere for a cure but never found one and you died in your sleep next to Daniel. He wouldn't leave your side for anything." He smiled sadly as he continued. "All you wanted was for the hurt to go away, so I honored your wishes. I would have felt the same way if the love of my life died in my arms.  No more painful human emotions to hold you down, but she still apparently has a hold on him seeing as he protected her, sadly that freed you up to ripping the ghost out of me, and when my evil half mixed with yours, my evil side overwhelmed you..." He faulted.
"What happened to my human self?" Danny asked as I squeezed his hand comfortingly.
"Some things, my boy, are better left unsaid." He swallowed as I nodded. "If any good came out of this, it's that ten years without ghost powers have given me a chance to see what a fool I'd been." He says as he picks up a photo of himself with Jack and Maddie in college.
"Maybe that's all anybody needs... a second chance. You still have those Ghost Gauntlets?" Danny asks as Vlad's eyes go wide.