Fighting for a Better Life

Sky

Recap

"Defenseless? Old? Man, what happened to you?" Danny asked.
"I could ask the same for you my dear boy. Although I should be asking what hasn't happened... Yet." He said as his eyes shift to me and turn sad.
"Especially you my darling." Vlad gazed into my eyes.
"Is it really that bad?" I whispered not really wanting to know.
"For your families it went quickly, they felt no pain, but the same can't be said for you two." He starts. "You both came to my home as you both had no where to go and you, princess, was dying slowly and painfully. We looked everywhere for a cure but never found one and you died in your sleep next to Daniel. He wouldn't leave your side for anything." He smiled sadly as he continued. "All you wanted was for the hurt to go away, so I honored your wishes. I would have felt the same way if the love of my life died in my arms.  No more painful human emotions to hold you down, but she still apparently has a hold on him seeing as he protected her, sadly that freed you up to ripping the ghost out of me, and when my evil half mixed with yours, my evil side overwhelmed you..." He faulted.
"What happened to my human self?" Danny asked as I squeezed his hand comfortingly.
"Some things, my boy, are better left unsaid." He swallowed as I nodded. "If any good came out of this, it's that ten years without ghost powers have given me a chance to see what a fool I'd been." He says as he picks up a photo of himself with Jack and Maddie in college.
"Maybe that's all anybody needs... a second chance. You still have those Ghost Gauntlets?" Danny asks as Vlad's eyes go wide.

***

"Hey old man! Ready for a blast from your past!?" Danny yelled as I ran over to his family.
"I'm gonna get you out of here... ok?" I smiled softly as I placed one foot on the boiler and wrapped my fingers around the green goo trying to get them out.

***
A little while later the heat started to get to me but I couldn't stop, then I heard Danny's ghostly wail. My head whipped around as I pulled harder.
"It's not budging! I'm not going to stop until you're all freed ok!?" I started to panic and pull harder as a white flame covers my vision. Then, everything stops.
"Clockwork!" I smiled as he transported the others and me over safely.
"I told you to stay!" Danny yelled as he wrapped me in a tight hug.
"I couldn't just do nothing." I whispered soothingly in his ear as Clockwork gained our attention.
"You saved them... I don't understand?" Danny cried as I hugged him.
"The Observants look at time like they're watching a parade, one thing after another passing by in sequence right in front of them. I see the parade from above, all the twists and turns it might or might not take." He winked.
"You knew this was going to happen, even this part!" Danny raised an eyebrow.
"Everything's the way it's supposed to be. And here we are with you, a fourteen-year-old child, risking everything to save the people you care about." Clockwork complimented as Danny smiled at him. We appeared in the classroom to do the C.A.T. Testing. "You've given everyone else a second chance, why not you?" Clockwork asked as he handed Danny the answers. "Time in!" He yelled as Time started again.
"Mr. Fenton? Is there a problem?" Mr. Lancer asked eyeing Danny and I as we walked to the front.
"Um, actually there is... I, uh, found this the other day. Outside the Nasty Burger." Danny answered.
"The seal is broken." Mr. Lancer looked over the envelope.
"Yeah. I know. A-and, I'm sorry.  I couldn't stop myself from looking at the answers. But I'm not a cheater! And I never will be!" He explained.
"Well, you and Miss Rivers will be taking the makeup test next week. Won't you?" Mr. Lancer said as Danny thanked him and he pointed at Jazz outside the room.
"Come on!" Danny says as he took my hand as we ran outside to find Jazz.
"So... how long have you known?" Danny asks sitting down as I sit next to him.
"About the test? For days. But I'm really proud of you for not cheating." She smiled.
"No, not that. Your headband, your note, your handwriting..." Danny asked as I pulled out her headband.
"What? That? Oh, I didn't write that. And there must be dozens of headbands." She tried desperately.
"Jazz..." Danny and I said in unison.
"Since the Spectra thing. I didn't want to tell you until you wanted to tell me. It's your secret." She frowned.
"Well it's our secret now, oh and Sky is a ghost princess." Danny mentioned as I smiled and waved.
"Oh your Highness!" Jazz smiled as she hugged us. "Don't think that I'll stop being meddling and overprotective of you two." She grinned.
"Wouldn't have it any other way." I smiled as Danny's ghost sense went off.
"Go." Jazz smiled as Danny transformed.
"Hey! Giant, green, and gruesome! Guess who's back and better than ever!" Danny called to the giant slime monster as he attacked.