Music Runs the World

Sky

"Another day in hell just got... strange." I mumbled as I walked through the halls trying to get to my locker. Danny, Sam, and Tucker are supposed to meet me there before we prep for testing.
"I don't get it! How this Ember McLain can come out of nowhere and be the biggest thing since MP3's!" Danny whined as Sam came up behind me with her Ember outfit on.
"Yeash, Sam... uhh... you... uh... I don't know what to say." I jump at her new attire.
"Ember's not just about music. She's an expression of our unique individuality." She explains as Tucker nods.
"Unique? Sure, you're one of a kind! Every single one of you." I groan.
"Nice earrings, where did you get them? The 89 cent store?" Paulina cackled.
"For your information, Danny gave them to me." I retorted.
"Really? He gave you earrings? I figured you would end up with that loser, and to think, you could have been popular." She snickered.
"We're not dating!" Danny yelled.
"And he's not a loser!" I raged as Tucker starts to sing again.
"Will you shut up?!" Danny and I yelled.
"The lovebirds are ganging up on Foley!" Kwan laughed as Dash elbowed him in the ribs.
"They're not lovebirds!" Dash bellowed.
"We're not lovebirds" Danny and I hollered as Kwan shrunk down.

***

"As you know, the Northwestern Nine Standardized testing starts in two days, and because my bonus is proportional to your grades, we have installed the CramTastic Mark Five." Lancer dragged on as I played with my pencil. "The latest in state-of-the-art subliminal study-aid technology. Let the learning begin!" He cheered as the computers blared Ember's song. I quickly took off my headphones, as did Danny. Trying to stop the obnoxious song, Lancer pressed the eject button just to throw it at Tucker because the music started again.
"It's not me! It must be coming for outside!" Tucker pleaded as everyone ran to the window to see Ember's van, and ran to greet her, running Lancer over in the process.

***

"I've got to go save Lancer! Woah, that's bittersweet." Danny laughed as he raced towards Lancer to save him from the brainless, angry, teenagers trying to kill him.
Danny comes back next to me before Ember decides to disappear.
"Well, she's gone." I smiled as Danny frowned.

***

"Tucker, Sam? You guys are starting to scare me, and I fight ghost!" Danny exclaimed as I walked up behind him.
"Guys chill! This is starting to get creepy! You do realize that she's a mine controlling spirit from another dimension?" I cringed.
"You said the same about Paulina." Sam singsonged.
"You know he has a point." Danny grinned.
"Hey everyone! Ember's giving out free concert tickets at Bucky's Mega Music Store!" The she devil cried out happily as everyone ran out of the school.
"Must. Have. Ember. Tix!" Tucker and Sam struggled as Danny and I tried to hold them back.
"We're going to have to deprogram them!" I strained as we pulled them into the classroom and tied them to chairs before I put the helmets on them.
"This is where the healing process begins." I smirked as Danny and I leave the classroom.
"I still don't get why we're not affected by her music." Danny groaned.
"Maybe it's because of your ghost powers and my-" I started...(my ghost powers still aren't too strong.)
"Individuality or intelligence?" He cut in.
"I was going to say my utter disdain for any pop music nowadays..." I started. "You really think I'm smart?" I blushed heavily as Lancer grabbed our wrists.
"Not so fast! You lovebirds might be the only ones in this school, but that's not going to stop me from giving you two an education!" Lancer announced determined as Danny took my hand and flew us out of there to Bucky's to stop Ember.

***

I don't think I've ever stopped to appreciate how good looking Danny really is, I mean, look at how toned he is! I thought as I stared dreamily up at Danny as we flew over the town.
"You ok there Sky?" Danny worried as he gazed down at me.
"Y-yeah, yeah! I'm fine, I just miss flying." I stuttered as a blush took over my face, before we flew into a huge piece of cardboard. "I don't miss falling through, falling sucks." I shrugged as Danny checked me over for injuries.
"Are you ok!? I'm so sorry!" He exclaims as I nod before we fly through the roof and into the music store to see Ember singing her only song.
"Something tells me they're not going to love seeing their idol sucked into the Fenton Thermos." He grinned as I created a distraction.
"Hey everyone! Look! Its Ember McLame!" I laughed as Ember muttered something.

***

"Hey, do you take any requests? How about 'Beat It'?" Danny puns.
"How about I lay down a few power chords, dipstick?" She answered as she strummed her guitar.
"Dipstick? Funny" Danny laughs. "Who writes your insults? Is it the same ones that write your songs?" Danny struggles as Ember starts to pin him.
"Chanting... it makes you stronger...?" Danny realizes.
"That's right baby pop, and the more kids chanting, the stronger I get!" The flaming ghost exclaims. "And if you think I’m strong now, just wait until midnight! When my concert goes global. And the whole world’s chanting my name! Then you’ll all be my slaves!" She cackles as she strums her guitar and it hits Danny.
"Get away from him!" I screamed as she got closer to finishing him off.

To be continued...