An Eye for an Eye

Sky

"Man! That has got to be the greatest practical joke ever!" Tucker laughed as we watched the news on Vlad's new and destroyed mansion.
"Yes! I finally knocked Vlad off his high horse! I can only imagine what his face looked like when the feds crashed in." He laughed as just that happened.
"Maybe like yours?" I mumbled as the feds started to break everything in his room.
"Hey! Do you have a search warrant?" I sassed as they laughed at me. "Laugh it up boys, but page 198, subchapter 7; paragraph 37B of the Anti-Ghost Code says you need a warrant, unless ex-agent circumstances supersede the authority of the Judge Ministry." I explained as they looked at me clueless.
"We'll be back." They said as Jack followed them out the door, who was followed by an angry Maddie.
"Thanks Sky, I'm glad you're up to date on your anti ghost laws."
"They did a number on your room though." Sam said.
"Yeah, I bet they didn't act alone." I frowned as Danny nodded and I went to my room to sleep.

***

"Is Sky stashed away in the locker room?" Danny asked.
"You know Miss modesty, after gym she showers alone." Sam laughs as people start laughing and Sky screams and people start whistling.
"Back off!" Danny and Tucker bellowed as Sam walked me away from the crowd.

***

"That was so embarrassing!" I covered my face as people walked past me whistling. "They all saw me naked... I'm never going to get over this." I whimpered as Danny rubbed my back.
"Never is a long time, but the next two weeks are going to be brutal." Tucker said as I tugged on my hair.
"Everyone out! This is an evacuation!" One of the feds exclaimed as he smiled at me. "This place is being demolished by it's new owner." He continued.
"New owner?" Danny asked.
"That's right Daniel." Vlad said as he opened the door looking at both of us. "You know these walls are infested with harmful ecto-asbestos. As the new proprietor it is my duty to tear this place down. With your own extensive background in demolition I'm sure you understand, yes?" Vlad smirks as Danny grabs my hand and we walk outside to watch the demolition of our Burger joint.
"Let this be a lesson, Danny. I put the 'pro' in Quid-pro-quo. Not that you're bright enough to know what that means..." Vlad murmurs.
"I get the idea and I don't like it! Believe me, this isn't over yet!" Danny yells before we walk home.

***

"Sky! Wake up!" Danny shakes me awake.
"What? I'm trying to sleep." I yawn.
"Vlad is running for mayor!" He whisper yells as my eyes widen.
"Let me get dressed!" I exclaimed as I ran into the bathroom.

"Let's go!" I said as I dragging him out the door.

***

After we beat Vlad up he grins.
"I'm more powerful than you think children." He says as he overshadows voters and he makes them all vote for him.
"What a massive upset!" The news lady exclaims.
"Your telling me." Danny and I say in unison as he detransformed and walked onto the stage.
"Thank you! Thank you one and all!" He grins at the podium.
"Huzzah! The Fentons are one heartbeat away from the Mayor's Office! Next stop, the White house, and I'm gonna be Vlad's number two man!" Jack says as he hugs me and Danny.
"Jack you're dreaming." Maddie sighed.
"Am not! Why, just this morning he told me that when he thinks of number two, he thinks of me!" Jack whined.
"I'd like to take a moment now, if I may, to thank a very special person in my life..." Vlad starts as Jack gets flattered. "Come up here, Danny Fenton and Skylanna Rivers." He continued as Danny looked at me.
"Don't ask." I gritted my teeth as Jack shoved us up.
"I'm rubbing your nose in this mess you two have made. Doesn't it smell yummy?" He grins. "It was this young man who inspired me to pursue my true calling! Politics! For that, I owe him a debt. And I will pay it by protecting him and all the precious children of Amity Park from the biggest problem facing this town... Ghosts!" Vlad continued as the crowd roared with approval.

***

"According to the Technus act we have to take all technology, so phone please." Mr. Lancer said as I gave him my cell in my new school uniform.
"No! NO! NOOOO! For the record dude, this reaks." Tucker cried out as
As Mr. Lancer walked away.
"And everyone thinks it's your fault." Sam said as she helped me and Danny pick up our books.
"Hey, we're taking the biggest hit here!" Danny whined. "With all this surveillance and restrictions, Vlad is making sure that I can almost never go ghost!" Danny continued.
"Well, maybe that's a good thing?" Tucker said as he showed us a newspaper with Danny and I on the front cover with an X over our ghostly faces.
"Vlad's claiming that the Phantoms presence may be more an invitation to ghosts than a deterrent." Sam said as I frowned looking at the paper.
"Which we all know is an absolute load. With me out of the picture, ghosts will be on the lose all over town!" Danny said as he wrapped an arm around me.

***

"On the brightside, at least he's rebuilt our hang out." Tucker said.
"McMaster's?" Sam asked as we walked toward the doors.
"Can I help you? To leave!?" The guard said as he picked Sam, Tucker, and Danny up and threw them.
"Miss Rivers, the mayor would like to speak with you." He said as he picked me up by my shirt.
"Put me down!" I screamed as he carried me over his shoulder to Vlad's room.
"Put her down!" He yelled as the guard did what he was told and left.
"I'm sorry about the whole bathroom thing, it was an honest mistake." He smiled.
"A mistake that I never wanted to happen!" I shrieked.
"Well, I'm sorry but it was only to get back at Daniel, you do remember when he let your ex fiance try to re marry you just for your money, don't you?" He grinned.
"Yet you went after me? Where is the logic in that?" I glared.
"It made him angry that I would ever expose his girlfriend's body like that to a bunch of strangers." He smiled as I punched him in the nose and walked out.
"The nerve!" I screamed as I stomped past Danny and the others.
"What happened?" Sam asked keeping her distance from my flaming hair.
"Let's just say the new mayor got a welcoming gift from me. And in case no one sees it, it's a broken nose!" I raged as my hair burned hotter.
"What did he say?" Tucker asked.
"First he calls me by my full name, and then he talks badly about something I have already long gotten over!" I raged again as Danny grabbed my hand.
"Calm, first of all, thank you, he needed that, and second of all, chill, you're about to burn some trees." Danny said as he entwined our fingers.
"I am calm!" I yelled as Sam winced at how loud I was being. After seeing that my flame went out almost immediately.
"I'm sorry." I whispered as Danny wiped a tear from my eye.
"It's ok." They said as I blacked out from using too much power.

***

"She's waking up!" Someone whispered as my eyes fluttered open.
"How are you feeling?" Danny asked as he kneeled beside me.
"Weak, but what happened? How long was I out for?" I questioned.
"Easy there tiger. You've been out for a few hours, and Vlad discarded all the laws he made, and the Nasty Burger is finally ours again." He answered as I looked at the clock. 11:00 P.M. "Just rest, I'll fill the rest in tomorrow, ok?" He sighed.
"Ok, Goodnight Danny. I love you." I scooted over as he laid next to me.
"I love you too. Sleep tight my love."