Discovering the Past

Sky

"Where do we want to go?" Danny asked as he held up the map.
"I don't know, anywhere would be-" Tucker starts as the map pulled us into the Ghost Zone and over a yellow river.
"According to the map, this is the river of revoltion." Danny said as Tucker plugged his nose and asked why when a monster appeared out of the river. We past a canyon that was a giant mouth before we arrived at a portal.
"It's not on the path, Frostbite told us not to stray from the path." Sam complained as we jumped in anyway.
"Mom? Are you sure there's no ghost under my bed?" A young child asked his mother.
"Of course not, Billy. Remember what President Roosevelt said, 'We have nothing to be afraid of besides fear itself!'" She smiled as Danny poked his head out.
"Actually, it's 'Nothing to fear but fear itself.'" Danny recited as they screamed as we flew out of the closing portal.
"Nice, you scared a child for life." I sassed.
"I just wanted to make sure they didn't mess up the only historical quote I actually remember." He tried to justify his actions as we jumped into another portal.
"Cool! It's Thanksgiving!" Tucker smiled.
"No, it's Salem Massachusetts in the 1600s during the Salem witch trials." I said as Sam smiled.
"So what do they do?" Tucker asked.
"Oh a few things, but burning them at the stake was their favorite." I answered.
"I love a good barbecue but this is going too far." He cringed.
"Let's go, the longer we're here the more chances we get to mess up something." Danny said.
"Can't you people get a life!?" Sam yelled as she accidentally pushed me into a trap.
"Sky!" They yelled as I was taken to, and tied to a stake.
"Let me go! I'm not a witch!" I cried out as my hair flickered.
"Don't listen to her! She is a witch!" Vlad said as he pushed his hat up, and walked over to me. "And you know what we do to witches." He grins.
"Behold! An evil spirit has come to rescue his dark mistress!" Vlad calls out as Danny flys towards me.
"Stand back I pray thee! For I, Jack Fentonnightinggale, Salem's greatest witch whacker shall vanquish this demon!" He says as he takes out blood blossoms.
"No!" I scream in agony as he throws them around me.
"Sky!" Danny exclaims before he flys head first into the blossom barrier.
"Well done, John Fenton Nightingale!" Vlad congratulates. "It's called blood blossom, dear boy. An ancient anti-ghost remedy. Sort of like a primitive specter deflector. It's delightfully quent." He explains as he shoves Danny into the middle of the circle with me and starts to scream as well.
"Danny! Sky!" Sam and Tucker yell as Tucker pulls Danny away from the circle.
"Eat the flowers!" Sam yells as she trys to get to me. He eats the flowers as Danny and stop screaming.
"Thanks Tuck." Danny gasps as he flys over and takes Sam, Tucker, and me to the portal just before it closed.
"Are you ok?" Danny asks me as he checks me over for any injuries.
"I'm fine, but Vlad has the map!" I say as Tucker calibrates his PDA to the tracking device.
"Ancient Rome." I gasp as trumpets sound.
"All hail Vladius Plasmiudius!" The heralds announce as Vlad flys above us.
"Welcome to my destiny, Daniel! It seems I was meant to rule after all! Funny, all I had to do was float a bit and these Romans hailed me as a deity!" He smirked.
"And yet, they didn't hail you as a God?" I sassed.
"Stay as long as you want, just give me the map. You don't understand how powerful it is!" Danny exclaimed.
"You dare lecture me about power!? Release the lions!" He yelled as four lions surround us. "Ah, looks like someone forgot to feed the kitties this morning! Oh well better late than never!" He grins as he watches on a throne. "I love a good mauling, don't you?" He smiled.
"Nah, I'm more of a pummeling guy myself." Danny said as he swung an axe at Vlad's head.
"You can't stop me, Daniel. The map shall take me to every realm and in every realm I shall rule!" Vlad sassed as he attacked Danny.
"Some ruler! You just set your entire kingdom on fire!" I yelled as the Roman's yelled at Vlad before he took off into another portal.

"Where now?" Danny and Sam asked.
"Up there!" Tucker answered as we flew to another portal.

***

"There is still two more you must vanquish." Danny and I said calmly in unison.
"Too easy." Vlad said as we pulled out our swords, and fought.
"You have destroyed our priceless treasures! We shall never obey you!" The ming warriors exclaimed as Vlad threw a fit.
"Try as you might, you will not stop me from achieving my destiny!" He yelled as he flew away agitated and we followed him after Tucker came out of the bathroom.

***

"If I can destroy the world's first airplane, then man will never fly and I can rule the world from the air!" Vlad yelled as he shot the first aircraft, and Danny and I saved it.

***

"Fiddle faddle! Everywhere I turn you're there! It's like having ectoplasmic gum on my shoe! Very well, since you intend to plague me no matter where I go." He says as he puts a bubble around us.
"I can get us out of here, but where did he go Tucker?" Danny said as Tucker told us.

***

"Sorry that got so out of hand." Danny said sluggishly.
"No need for apologies, Great Ones and no harm done. The map is mysterious. Though it can take you where you wish to go, it sometimes take users to where it feels they need to go." He smiled.
"Like how it brought Vlad back here so you can get the map back?" I asked as he smiled and hugged me.
"Let's get back, this time I inputted the directions into the GPS system." Tucker said as we got in and waved goodbye.