Kindered Spirits

Sky

"Let me guess... Danny slept in late again?" I asked.
"Yeah! And now we're stuck cleaning up a golf course!" Sam yelled through her phone.
"You do know I would come and help if I could right? The Fenton's however are keeping me on bed rest until my fever goes down, and that sadly isn't going to happen anytime soon." I whined as Danny came into the room his parents are letting me stay in as Sam hung up.
"What's up?" I asked seeing the look on his face.
"Hi there! Oh! You're pretty!" A little girl that looks a lot like Danny popped out from behind him.
"Uh, hi... and thank you. What's your name honey?" I said as I scooted over so she could sit next to me.
"I'm Danielle! Danny's 3rd cousin once removed. I ran away from home." She explained.
"Why did you do that?" I worried as I looked her over for any injuries.
"I don't like my family. Do you have any food?" She said as I breathed out a sigh of relief.

***

"After she ate she ran off. Sky, she's a ghost." Danny groaned as we watched over her.
"She doesn't look harmful, she's just a kid. Let's let her sleep, she looks exhausted." I worried as I gently moved her bangs from her face, and kissed her forehead.
"Yeah, let's let her sleep." Danny said as he carried me downstairs. My curse keeps intensifying, not only do I have a fever 24/7 but I can hardly walk anymore. I can't even go to school, but Tucker set up Skype and got the teachers permission to have me watch over a tablet. It's getting really annoying.

***

"She was gone before I left for school! Hey, are you guys ok?" Danny asked.
"Dude we rebuilt a whole miniature golf course from scratch yesterday. How do you think we feel." Tucker grumbled over lunch.
"Guys I'm sorry!" Danny apologized.
"Broken record." Tucker said.
"But I am!" Danny exclaimed.
"Hey Tucker? You know how you've always wanted to go out with a cheerleader?" I asked just remembering something.
"Yeah?" He smiled.
"Well my bestfriend from my home town is moving up here soon, it would probably help her if she had more than just me. Her name is Cassandra, she's blonde, drop dead gorgeous, kind, techno geek, and an old cheerleading buddy of mine. She was my co captain when I was on the squad." I said.
"Woah wait. You were a cheerleader?" Tucker and Danny asked as I blushed.
"Yeah, I was the cheer captain for my old high school." I shrugged.
"That's amazing! So how hot is she?" He grinned.
"You tell me." I said holding up a picture of us.

" I said holding up a picture of us

"Woah... do you have her number?" Tucker drooled as I nodded.
"Yeah, I'll give it to you after school, but you have to tell her you're friends with me if not, she won't even talk to you." I laughed as he nodded.

***

"I'll say it again! You are one seriously crazed up fruit loop! Now let her go!" Danny yelled as my eyes fluttered open.
"She's more powerful than you are, so her mid morf DNA and yours would make him the perfect half ghost son." Vlad explains as he picks my up and places me in this tube along with Danny in another. The Maddie hologram turns up the electric power as it shocks Danny first and he screams in agony.
"Please stop! All you really need is me!" I yelled as he thought about it as Danny kept resisting.
"Hmm... nah!" He cackled as the system overloaded. Danny transformed and took me out of my containment and flew up trying to get out only to be cornered by Dani. And at this moment all this movement has gotten to be too much for me, so I black out.

***

"Sky?" Danny asked as my eyes fluttered open.
"Hey... what happened?" I smiled softly as he came closer.
"A lot... just rest for now and I'll tell you everything later." He grinned as I tried to scoot over.
"I'm so weak... my 16th birthday is in less than a month... and we have nothing." I whimpered as a tear streaked down my cheek.
"We'll find something, for now just rest. I won't let you go ok?" He whispers in my ear as I entwined our fingers.