Claw of the Wild

Sky

"Summer Camp... How great is this? We can go hiking, and canoeing, and exploring. I can't believe you guys aren't excited." Sam said as I shook my head and popped in an earbud.
"Super excited, I get to see the one person I swore if I ever saw him again, I'd break his arm." I grumbled as they looked up at me with wide eyes.
"Woah, break who's arm?" Tucker leaned over.
"A stupid guy I once knew. A complete moron." I growled.
"I would hate to be him." Danny said.
"What did he do that was so bad?" Sam asks.
"A lot." I said as the bus stopped and we all got off.
"Sky? Hey gorgeous." The most annoying Male in history complimented.
"Hello handsome." Paulina purred leaning on his arm.
"Hey, could you let go? I don't like you." He hissed as she let go and he wrapped his arm around my waist.
"Remove your hand, before you don't have one anymore." I growled.
"I said I was sorry. I didn't think you'd mind me dating your bestfriend after telling you I loved you." He whined.
"Like I said, I don't like you. Leave me alone Rick." I grumbled as he rolled his eyes and tried to wrap his arms around me again before Danny stepped between us protectively.
"She said leave her alone, so back off." Danny glared down at him as he sulked away in self pity. "I can see why you don't like him. He's awfully clingy." Danny laughed as I smiled up at him before Lancer and Ms. Testlaff walked out of the Mess Hall.
"Relax children, for the next 8 weeks, we're not your teachers." Lancer soothed as everyone breathed a sigh of relief.
"Better: We're your counselors. So our hold over you no longer stops at 3:00 in the afternoon. It lasts the whole, entire, livelong day." Ms. Testlaff smirked.
"Before I burst into tears at the thought of my lost summer, can you tell us where the bathrooms are?" Mikey shook with fear for his ruined summer.
"There aren't any." The large female teacher grinned as everyone screamed.
"Call of the Wild!" Mr. Lancer shrieked.
"Man up Lancer. You're in the wilderness. All the world's your bathroom." She said as she tossed the roll of toilet paper to Mikey as he and Lester walked into the woods.
"I heard this camp is haunted." Kwan started.
"Me too. The say there's a monster in the woods at Lake Eerie." Dash added.
"And two in the lake." Paulina feared.
"Just what we need: Amateur ghost stories." Danny whispered over to me as I giggled.
"Pipe down, campers. This camp is definitely not haunted." Ms. Testlaff assured us.
"There's a ghost monster in the woods, and it took Lester!" Mikey screamed as everyone's head whipped over to him.
"Calm down! There are no monsters at this camp!" Ms. Testlaff raged as she put a blanket around Mikey.
"Tell that to the beast that just ate Lester." Mikey yelled.
"Beast? How big is a beast compared to a monster, anyone?" Lancer asked worried.
"We should check out the woods." I suggested as I shouldered my backpack.
"Negative. This camp is now under lockdown. Everyone report to their cabins. Mr. Lancer and I will search for, uh, Lester's remains." Ms. Testlaff grinned as Mikey and Lancer screamed.
"It's OK. We'll find Lester. Lancer and Tetslaff won't ruin the whole summer. We can still have fun." Sam's eye twitches as I stifle a laugh.

***

"No way!" Starr replied to Paulina as she brushed her hair

"No way!" Starr replied to Paulina as she brushed her hair. I groaned as a green light shown outside.
"Wanna come out and play?" Danny smiled.
"Anywhere but here." I begged as the two girls stood on stools so the 'monster' couldn't get them.
"Thermos and prototype Fenton Wrist Rays courtesy of my unsuspecting Dad." Danny held his hand out to me as he intangibly pulled me through the window.
"Most kids worry about packing enough underwear for camp. Then there's us." Tucker grinned. "What about Sam?"
"She's sleeping. Although how, is far beyond my knowledge. Their high squeaky voices are so infuriating!" I exclaim exasperated, flailing my arms as we walk through the woods.
"Look at you, Tucker. Out in the woods at night. I'm impressed" I smile.
"This is honestly better than the cabin." He said I nodded, knowing what he's getting at.
"Most likely." I laughed as the bushes rustled.
"No big deal,those could simply belong to a little woodland creature. A fluffy bunny foraging for a carrot for example. A carrot with ghost powers." Tucker grinned nervously as Danny and my ghost sense went off. I was about to say something when a reptilian creature jumped out. I went ghost as Danny got knocked aside and so did I... on top of him.
"Hey beautiful." He smirked as I rolled my eyes and flew over to assist Tucker who was hanged from a branch.
"The sad thing is, this is still better than being in the cabin." Tucker sighed as we pulled him back up.
"Here kitty kitty. You wanna play fetch?" Danny cooed as the reptile cat thing climbed back up the cliff.
"Danny? Cat's don't usually play fetch." I said.
"Not if I'm the one fetching!" He grinned victoriously as he caught the creature in the thermos. "I'm sure the monster didn't eat Lester. You guys go back to camp, try and sleep. I'll keep looking." Danny said as I nodded and flew Tucker back.