Double Cross My Heart

Sky

It's been almost a month since my curse was lifted by my 'boyfriend' Danny Phantom, and I've been feeling better and getting stronger with my powers everyday! He's been training with me, so I can help him when he needs it.

"Hey, Sky... so I was thinking-" Danny started as Mr. Lancer called my name from across the Nasty Burger.
"Skyla, this is-"
"Gregor... yes I do know him." I glared.
"Oh come on Sky, can't we just-"
"No. Leave me alone." I turned my head quickly so my hair would smack him in the face.
"We have to talk someday! You can't keep running from your problems!" He growled frustrated.
"If I can out run you, I think I'll be all set." I smirked as he stomped out the door.
"Who was that? And what was that?" Tucker asked.
"A guy who has his head so far up his-" Sam slapped a hand over my mouth.
"Woah, what did he do to get you this angry?" Danny questioned.
"Long and painful story, that I'd rather no-"
"Skylar! My beautiful little niece!" A beautiful woman walked up to me.
"You must have me mistaken Miss, my- aunt Marina?" I asked as she nodded smiling brightly. "What are you doing here...? And if you don't mind me asking, but didn't you marry the CEO of Marriott Hotels?" I questioned.
"Yes, oh you simply must meet my son Richard!" She giggled as a tall blonde guy came over to me and kissed my hand.
"Hey gorgeous." He said as I almost fainted.
"Richard! That's your baby cousin!" She shrieked.
"Mine now." He said as he picked me up.
"Woah dude, back off she's mine." Danny growled.
"Yeah? And what's a pip squeak like you going to do?" He teased.
"Neither of you can have her! She's already engaged." Mariana scooped me out of Richard's arms.
"Engaged?" Danny, Richard, Sam, and Tucker yelled.
"It was broken off years ago, before I even left!" I shrieked as embarrassment covered me like an overly heavy blanket.
"He's a good young man, rich, handsome." She grinned.
"Along with cocky, arrogant, selfish, and unfaithful. Those are the reason I told him to leave and I never wanted to see him again." I whispered trying to hold back a sob.
"I told you I'd be back baby, and now we can finally get married." Gregor smirked.
"You are impossible! Leave me alone!" I cried as he came over to grab my arm as Danny gently pulled me behind him.
"She said leave." He growled as I tugged on his arm.
"You will marry me Skylar." He exclaimed as we walked out the door.
"I'll explain later. I'll be home soon." I said as I went ghost and tried to fly away only to be grabbed by my wrist.
"I don't want to leave you, can I come?" Danny asked with his sad ghost green puppy eyes as I sighed and nodded.

***

"So this is your new hideout?" Danny smiled at me as I sat on the edge of a cliff looking out over the water.
"Yeah, the ocean always calms me. It's like my home away from home." I smiled sadly as he sat down next to me and I explained everything.

Flashback

"Skylar! There is someone I'd like you to meet!" My dad called as I ran to him. At 7 I was boy crazy. "Tiny dancer? This is Elliott. Elliott, this is my daughter Skylar. Have fun and be safe, your dad and I need to talk about business." Daddy said as I smiled brightly before running off with Elliott.

6 years later

"Dove, if you want to be popular you're going to have to wear shorter skirts, and just look sexier. Try to get lacey lingerie." He grinned as he pushed me hard to the floor. "Oh yeah, and never call me Elliott ever again, call me Gregor." He grinned before he slammed my door, and I broke down into sobs.

1 year later

"That stupid little hore doesn't even get that I'm just marrying her for her money. That's why I have sex with you my dove." He grinned until he looked up from my couch with my best friend, naked, under him.
"Keep your damn ring Elliott! I'll never marry a scum bag like you! Say goodbye to being rich asshole!" I laughed as I slammed the door to his home.

"I'm gonna kill him!" Danny said as he tried to get up, only for his wrist to get pulled back by me.
"It's over, and now I have you, Sam and Tucker. I have all that I need." I smiled reassuringly up at him as he sat back down and held me.
"I love you Sky." He whispered in my ear as he placed a soft, and tender kiss on my earlobe.
"I love you too Danny." I sighed softly as he flew us home.

***

"You should be treated like the princess you truly are." Danny whispered in my ear as I snuggled up to his body under the covers as I slept in his room again while mine is being repainted.
"Thank you. I love you Danny." I whispered softly as my eyes started to close.
"Goodnight Sky, I love you. Sleep tight my beautiful princess." He mumbled before I fell asleep to the sound of his light snores.