Enemies

"What a dick!" Jess exclaimed angrily. Nick had an exasperated look on his face. I got the feeling that he had to deal with Jess arguing with his roommate a lot.

   "What the hell was that?" I asked Jess.

    "Sorry Em. Henry and I don't exactly get along. I stayed at their place last night and he came stumbling in at 2am with some random girl and they went at it on the couch. Loudly! It woke everyone up. Nick wouldn't do anything about it so I said something. He's an inconsiderate jerk. Anyway, what are you up to tonight? Are you planning on going to that party at Liam's frat?"

Jess and I had met Liam about a week after freshman year started. She had convinced me to take a walk down to the floor below that was a boys floor. We ran into Liam on his way to the laundry room. Of course Jess followed him and started up a conversation about how much fun it was living in a coed dorm. The three of us became fast friends after that and spent most of our time together. Liam had a girlfriend for all of freshman year but she went to school 3 hours away. They only got to see each other once a month. I guess they grew apart because they ended up breaking up over the summer. He's never told us exactly what happened. Only that they became different people. He came back sophomore year a different person. He immediately joined a frat and now we barely ever saw him. He does invite us whenever the frat is having a party so we try to go just to hang out with him.

    "Yeah I was planning on it. Liam said there is going to be a really good band playing. This week's been a killer. Thank god it's over!"

     We made plans to head over to the party together. Jess gave me a quick hug and her and Nick walked off towards her dorm. Jess and I had briefly considered being roommates this year but decided for the sake of our friendship to live seperately. As much as we love each other, we have very different personalities that would clash if we had to share a dorm room. We do live in neighboring buildings though and that works out well for us. Jess decided to live with the same roommate she had last year. Her name is Melissa and she's almost as crazy as Jess. I ended up rooming with another friend of ours named Jane. Jane is a lot like me so it's been pretty easy living with her. We were planning on sharing an apartment off campus next year.
    I finally head up to my room for a nap. As I drifted off to sleep all I can think about is Henry and his piercing blue eyes.