Chapter 71

The ride back to Henry's apartment was mostly quiet. I hated that I had to go home. I suspected that Henry's silence had more to do with what his father said to him right before we left. I wish I knew how to make it better for him but all I could really do is support him in the way that his father did not. I didn't really understand how a parent could be so cold to his child and not support his dreams. I guess I was lucky. My mother was amazing and supported me in everything and even though my father lives on the other side of the country, he also supports me.

    When we finally arrived back at Henry's, I had a few hours till I needed to go to the bus station. We decided to order a pizza and spend the little bit of time I had left in bed. How was I going to get through the next few weeks? We tried to figure out a time for Henry to come visit me but he had a ton of shows coming up which also meant more rehearsals. He also had that big meeting in New York and that could also mean even more shows. It really did seem that we were not going to be able to see each other until the semester started up. I tried really hard to not dwell on it but when it was time for me to pack my stuff to go, I felt nothing but sadness. Henry must have sensed how down I was feeling because he grabbed my hand as I was shoving clothes into my bag and pulled me to sit down next to him on the bed. He reached up and touched my face and the affectionate gesture nearly brought me to tears.

"Em, I hate seeing you so sad. I promise to find some time to come see you. Even if its just for one night. Its worth it. We can figure this out. I love you."

"I love you too. I can't help feeling this way. I hate being away from you. And we have been apart so much already. I know we can get through the rest of the summer but its just really going to suck."

"I know baby. I hate it too. But look at it this way....the sex we have when we finally see each other will probably be incredible."

   I giggled at his crude remark. This is why I love him. Hes trying to cheer me up when I'm so sad. I finished packing and Henry grabbed my bag to take down to his car.  I followed him down and hopped into the passenger side. He climbed into the driver side and grabbed my hand and didnt let go the entire drive to the bus station. When he parked, he leaned over and crashed into my mouth. I could feel the desperation in the kiss and I reciprocated. After we broke apart, I reluctantly climbed out of the car and Henry met me outside the car and pulled me in for one last hug. At this point, I couldn't hold back my tears anymore. I quick swiped at my eyes to hide them but Henry caught me. He held me tighter and kissed the top of my head. I didn't know how I could go weeks without feeling his arms wrapped around me. My bus was now boarding. I reluctantly pulled away and grabbed my bag. I got on the bus and took a seat by the window. Henry still stood by his car and watched as the bus pulled away.
To distract me from how sad I felt, I pulled out my phone. I suddenly remembered that I had forgotten to text Liam back. I decided to sent him a quick message.

Me-"Hey Liam, sorry I'm just getting back to you. I would love to hang out when you visit your friend. Let me know the details and we can figure something out."

Within minutes, my phone pinged with his reply.

Liam-"No problem! I was worried you were avoiding me. Looking forward to seeing you. I have some news!"

I typed a reply.

Me-"I have news too. I guess we have a lot of catching up to do."

I didn't hear from him again so I just scrolled around on Snapchat and Instagram for the rest of the bus ride. The further away I got from Henry, the sadder I became. By the time my bus pulled into the station in my hometown, all I wanted to do was curl up in bed and talk to Henry until I fell asleep. Unfortunately that wasn't possible because Henry was playing a show. I sent him a text letting him know I made it home okay and went to bed.

The next few days were a big blur. I felt like a zombie just going through the motions of my everyday life. Spending every moment with Henry for a full week just felt so perfect. After this month, I never wanted to do long distance again. We were meant to be together.
    By the time Friday rolled around, I was still feeling a little depressed. Henry and his band had their big meeting in New York so I was saying silent prayers all day that it went well. I had also made plans to meet up with Liam on Saturday.
   When I got home from babysitting, I plopped down in my bed and started falling asleep until my phone started ringing. I looked at the display to see it was Henry.

"Hey you! How was your meeting?"

"It went so much better than expected. He wants to sign on as our agent and he's already looking into getting us some meetings with some record companies. I can't believe this is actually happening." I could hear the excitement in his voice. I was so happy that it went well!

"Henry that's incredible! I'm so proud of you!"

"I wish you were here to celebrate with us. The guys all want to go out to a bar and all I can think about is you. I miss you so damn much Em."

"I miss you too Henry. We'll celebrate with everyone when school starts."

"I need to tell you something about school. We need to record a demo and it probably means we will be staying up here for a while. I don't think I'll be back before school starts. I'm so sorry baby."

A/N: I am flabbergasted with how many people are reading this story! Thank you so much! Just like everyone else, I've had a rough couple of years so people liking my writing is a bright spot for me. Anywho, if you want more romance, check out my other story I'm working on The Second Son. It's historical fiction mixed with romance and a little bit of fantasy. I love the main character. She is also named Emily. 😂 Easier when I'm writing 2 stories at once. Hope everyone is having a fantastic day! I'll try to get another update in this week!