More

"Liam, how did you know where I was?" He pulled up a chair so that he was sitting directly in front of me.

    "I went to your room and no one was there. So I checked the bookstore and they said you didn't start till 1 so I thought I would see if you were up here. I really needed to see you and try to explain what happened last night."

     "You don't need to explain anything. It's not a big deal." I didn't want him to know how much his words affected me.

    "It is a big deal. That thing I said was stupid. It's not what I meant. I got nervous and I blurted that out. I need you to know I didn't mean it."

I was confused. He got nervous. About what?

    "Em, lately I haven't been able to stop thinking about you. Thinking about us being.....together. And I was hoping last night to tell you how I felt. But I guess I was scared so I drank too much. And I ruined it. And I should have stuck around to explain myself instead of just leaving you there alone. I'm so sorry Em."

I was in shock. He wanted to be more than friends. Twenty four hours ago I wouldn't have thought twice about being with him. But things were different now.

   "What are you thinking?" Liam said after I didn't respond right away.

    "I don't know. This is just all so surprising. I need to think about it. And I'm going to be late for work." I stood up and began to gather my belongings. I don't know why but I felt the need to get out of there as quick as possible. It all felt wrong.

    "Can I see you tonight? You said you have plans. Can I maybe meet up with you?"

    "I....have a date."

    "I see. I didn't know you were seeing anyone. Is it serious?"

    "We just met yesterday. It's our first date."

  His face brightened up a little at that. "Well can I take you out? Maybe one day this week?"

At that very moment I wanted to say no. I was still upset about last night and to be honest I was angry that he was saying all of this now. I've been waiting for him to see me as more than a friend for 2 years. And now that I might be moving on with someone else, he decides he has feelings for me.

    "Can we talk about this tomorrow? I really need to get to work." I started walking towards the stairs and he  grabbed my hand stopping me. "Just think about what I said. I meant it. I'll call you tomorrow." He let go and walked in the opposite direction. How did things get so complicated?
   The rest of the afternoon was a blur. The warm weather had brought a lot of visitors to campus this weekend so the bookstore was busy with customers. I was grateful for the distraction. I didn't want to think about Liam and what it all meant. And did it change my feelings for Henry? I don't think it did. I felt such a strong pull towards him. I decided to put Liam out of my mind for now and instead put my focus on my date with Henry. I was so excited and nervous at the same time.
   Finally, it was six o clock and time to head back to the dorm to get ready. When I got back, my room was empty. I wondered if Jane ever came back from lunch. I took a quick shower, blow dried my hair, and put on a little makeup. I decided to wear a sundress since it was so warm out but I grabbed my denim jacket in case it got cold like last night. I checked the time and it was just about 7:30.
   A few minutes later, Henry texted that he was downstairs. I grabbed my purse and headed down. When I came outside, Henry was waiting at the door. He had on dark jeans and a black button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He looked really good.