Chaper 61

After a few minutes, Henry pulled me out of bed. He insisted that I needed to eat dinner. He pulled on a pair of gym shorts and I pulled his shirt on. I loved that we had the apartment to ourselves. We could do whatever we wanted and not have to worry about anyone walking in on us. I finally took a look around the room and noticed that Chris's side was cleaned out. Maybe we could move the beds together so we would have more room to sleep.
    I followed Henry down the hallway and into the kitchen. The apartment was the cleanest I have ever seen it and the fridge was fully stocked. Did he do all this for me? Once again, I was amazed at how thoughtful and considerate he could be.
    He got out a plate and started scooping salad onto it. Then he grabbed a plastic container that was full of grilled chicken and added a few strips to the salad. Then he grabbed a bottle of balsamic vinegrette, which he knew was my favorite, and drizzled it on. He took the plate and walked over to the table and placed it down with a fork and knife.

"Sit. Eat. You're going to need your strength this weekend."

He was giving me the most sexy look. He was so irresistible and he knew it. I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and sat down at the table. As I ate the salad Henry made for me, he went and grabbed my bag and the flowers that we had dropped at the front door. He took my bag back to his bedroom and got a large glass out for the flowers.

"Henry come sit with me. We can take care of all that later." I patted the chair next to me so he would relax with me.

"How's the salad?" He asked while filling the glass and dropping the bouquet into it.

"Delicious. Thank you."

"I want this week to be perfect for you." He placed the flowers on the table in front of me and walked back over to the kitchen.

"It will be because I'm with you. That's all I care about."

He grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and came and sat next to me while I finished my dinner. We talked about his show the night before and how there was a music agent there who might be interested in representing them.

"Henry, that's so exciting!"

"I'm trying not to get my hopes up but it could be a game changer for us." He was trying to sound casual but I could see the excitement in his eyes.

"So what's the next step?" I asked in between bites of chicken.

"We have a meeting with him in two weeks."

"Wow, I'm so happy for you!"

"Thanks. You're the one person I couldn't wait to tell." He placed his hand on top of mine and squeezed and I was so happy to share in this moment with him.

"He would be crazy not to sign you. You are insanely talented."

He ran his hand threw his hair. He always did that when I complimented him. He was even worse at taking compliments than I was. After I finished eating, I took my plate in the kitchen to clean it but Henry stopped me. He took the plate from my hand and placed it in the sink.

"Let's go back to bed. I want to kiss every inch of your body."

The next morning I woke up on my side facing Henry. He was sleeping on his stomach with his face turned away from me. I had one leg hooked over his. I could tell it was still early. My body was so used to waking up early. I needed to go to the bathroom so I gingerly moved my leg off of Henry and crawled out of bed. After I did what I needed to do, I headed into the kitchen to make some coffee.
    A little while later, I was sitting out on the balcony sipping my coffee and contemplating how I ended up here. I wish we hadn't wasted so much time. But it was pointless to look backwards. Our future looked bright. Summer was almost over so we didn't have to do long distance for long. The house Henry was moving into with his friends was only a ten minute walk from the apartment that I was moving into with Jane. It was almost too perfect. We would make it work this time. We knew what our issues were and we promised not to let them come between us.
     The sliding glass door opened and Henry walked out in just his shorts and holding a cup of coffee. He leaned down and gave me a quick peck before sitting down in the chair next to me.

"Good morning. How did you sleep?" He asked in that sexy gravelly voice he had when he first woke up.

"Great. How come you're up already? I thought you would have slept a while longer."

"I slept better last night than I have all summer."

"Me too. I missed waking up in your bed."

"You should move in with me in the fall."

I almost spit out the coffee I was sipping. Move in? We just got back together. We've always moved pretty fast but this was a little too fast for me. Henry was looking at me nervously waiting for me to respond.

"I can't do that to Jane. Plus my name is on our lease. We are going to be living so close to each other anyway. Maybe we should walk before we run."

He took my hand and kissed it. He looked a little disappointed.

"I guess you're right. It's just that I don't ever want to live without you again. I want to fall asleep every night listening to you breath while holding you in my arms. I know what it feels like when you are gone and I never want to go back to that."

I was so touched by his words. We had put ourselves through hell over the past few months and neither one of us wanted to ever go through it again. I stood up, put my coffee on the side table, and crawled onto Henry's lap. His arms wrapped around me as I leaned in and kissed him. It was one of those soft gentle kisses that said what I was feeling without words.

"I'm not going anywhere this time. I promise."

I leaned my forehead against his and stared into his beautiful eyes. I could tell that he was afraid of losing me. I brought my hand to his face and ran my hand through his scruff. He closed his eyes at my touch. I took the opportunity to run my hand down his neck to his bare chest. Even though it was warm out, there were goosebumps all along his skin. His mouth opened slightly and he let out a sigh. I loved how my touch affected him. He had the same effect on me.
   He opened his eyes and he had the most intense look I've ever seen. My stomach did somersaults. I knew what he wanted. I stood up and took his hand to lead him back inside. After he closed the sliding door, I pulled his head down to kiss him. I decided I was taking control this time. I needed him to know how I felt.
    I started backing up towards the couch and pulling him with me. When I felt it hit the back of my legs, I turned both of us around and gently pushed Henry to sit down. I pulled his shirt over my head and slipped out of my underwear. He was looking up at me in awe. I've never felt so desired. I climbed on his lap and straddled him. I pulled his mouth to mine again while he wrapped his arms around my back to hold me in place. My hands moved to his waistband and I started tugging them down. Henry lifted up so I could bring them all the way down. As soon as I had them off, I grabbed his erection and pushed it inside of me. I whimpered at how good it felt like this.

"Fuck Em. You feel so good." He whispered in my ear.

I started to roll my hips and I buried my head in Henry's neck to stifle the sounds coming out of my mouth. He pulled my head up and covered my mouth with his own. When I came a minute later, I threw my head back and called out his name. He let himself go and I felt his grip on my hips tighten. My head fell forward onto his chest.

"I love you Henry."