Perfect End To The Perfect Day

Henry rolled off of me and discarded the used condom. He laid back down next to me on his side and pulled me against him so that we were spooning. I leaned against his hard body and I could feel his heart beating against my back.
He broke the silence first.

"It's never been like this for me. I guess because I've never been with someone I was in love with. I don't even know how to explain it. It's just so much better with you."

He started planting soft kisses in my shoulder.

"I've only been with one other guy so I don't have much to compare it to. It was my high school boyfriend and we only did it because everyone else was doing it. Neither one of us knew what we were doing."

"Did you love him?"

"I thought I did but now I know that's not what it was. It was nothing like what I feel with you. It was familiar and comfortable. I guess that's why it didn't work out. We broke up because we were both going away to college and neither one of us wanted to do long distance. If we had loved each other, we would have found a way to make it work."

"And what about frat guy? It seems like there's something between you two. Something more than just friendship."

I hesitated to answer Henry's question. He wasn't wrong. There was something more than friendship between Liam and I. According to Liam, he loved me. But it wasn't mutual. I didn't want to cause any drama. I decided to keep Liam's declaration of love to myself. There was no reason for Henry to know about it. It didn't matter anymore.

"For a long time, I thought I wanted to be more than friends with Liam. But he had a girlfriend and then he got so busy with the frat this year so nothing ever happened. Meeting you changed everything though. It made me realize that what I felt for him was just a crush. I love you and I want to be with you. Liam is just a friend."

I could feel Henry relax behind me. I didn't even know that he was worried about Liam. It never occurred to me that he could be insecure about anything. I figured I held that position in our relationship. Which is why I couldn't bring myself to ask about Henry's history after I told him mine. I didn't want to know how many girls came before me. I wondered if he even knew. He already said that he was never with anyone he loved before so that would have to be enough for me.
     I suddenly felt completely exhausted. So much had happened today. So many good things. As much as I didn't want this perfect day to end, I was having trouble keeping my eyes open. I went to sit up and Henry tightened his grip around my waist.

"Henry, I need to get up. All I'm wearing is a shirt. And I need to set my alarm."

"What you're wearing is perfect. Easy access."

"Wow, I didn't realize you were such a perv."

"I never claimed to be anything else. Besides, I can't help it with you. I don't think you realize how sexy you are."

"Henry seriously. I need to go to the bathroom."

At that, he finally let me go. He jumped up and let me get up off his bed. He walked over to his chest and pulled open one of the drawers and pulled out a pair of sweatpants. They were going to be huge on me but I could make it work. After he handed them to me, I pulled my underwear back on and put on the super baggy pants. I had to roll the waist a bunch of times to keep them up but it would have to do. Henry sat down on the bed and was watching me with an amused smile on his face.

"You should keep some stuff here so you can stay over more often."

I couldn't help the smile that broke out on my face. Keeping personal items at each other's place was a big step. I guess it still surprised me that Henry wanted a relationship with me. I walked over to where he was sitting and leaned down and softly kissed him on the mouth.

"Thank you for today."

"I needed to show you I was serious about us."

"I believe you. I love you."

"I love you Emily."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned his head against my stomach. I ran my hands through his hair and he sighed against me. After a minute, I pulled away so I could get myself ready for bed. I made my way down the hall to the bathroom and did what I needed to do. I did the whole use my finger to brush my teeth thing. It was better than nothing.  Henry was right about keeping some stuff here if I was going to be spending the night. I noticed a purple toothbrush in the holder and it was probably Jess'. I wondered if Jane was going to start keeping stuff here. It was crazy how we were all dating guys that lived together.
    When I finished, I went back to Henry's room and found him sitting up in his bed, typing on his phone and eating a cookie in just his underwear. He looked delicious and he was all mine. I shut the door behind me and joined him in his bed. I grabbed another cookie and waited for him to finish whatever he was typing.

"Sorry. I'm just writing an email to this promoter guy who might book us to play some shows over the summer. It could be a big deal."

"That's exciting." I didn't want to think about the summer. We were going to be living three hours apart. How was that going to work? I didn't want to be away from Henry but I made a commitment to babysit my neighbor's kid everyday. Plus I needed the money. And it sounded like he was going to be busy with his band. I just didn't know where that would leave us.
    Instead of bringing it up, I pushed it out of my head for now. We still had three weeks till I left for summer. We could figure it out later. Right now, I just wanted to enjoy how perfect my life felt right now. Henry laid down and pulled my head down onto his chest. Within minutes, I was asleep.