Chapter 40: Story

vvvvREAD THISvvvv

okaaay, so in light of my 40th chapter, since 4 is my favorite number, I've decided to show you my face.

YES *GASP* MY FACE

I KNOW I LOOK 12 (IM 15 I SWEAR) AND WEIRD, BUT IN MY DEFENSE, I WAKE UP AT 6:20 EVERY MORNING SO I ALWAYS LOOK LIKE CRAP FOR SCHOOL.

(I also used that face to express how done I am with mornings for the sake of a snapchat)

SOOO IF YOU LOOK AT MY PROFILE PICTURE THAT IS A PICTURE I TOOK LITERALLY THIS MORNING (replacing it when I take a better selfie)

If you want to see more of my average face feel free to follow me on insta: listenheresir

ANYWHOSVILLE whoo for new chapter!

Boo for school.

I have ALMOST all A's and I'm pissed at my two classes I don't.

But enjoy the chapter that I wrote in class

Be rad.

Love you all ❤

Hope you don't hate my face.

Odia's POV:

"When I was 13, as my brother predicted, The Bulls, another gang, was trying to... rebel against us Spiders and prove dominice." I stared at the metallic wall, "Him and I knew they were going to take something from us... we just didn't expect them to have the tenacity to take the Princess herself. The blind princess at that." I stifled a bittler chuckle.

How sure of their win was truly their demise.

I was just walking, that's all, yet the way the bulls humiliated me as they pulled my arms back to a point of shoulder dislocation and slammed my face on the pavement, made it seem like I had just murdered someone.

"Guentag, Princess." The lead Bull crouch in front of me as I felt his breath on my face whole they basically mummified my hands and feet in rope.

"You sick-" My words were cut down to angry muffles as blue duct tape was slapped onto my mouth.

"Frankie did say you had quite the month on you, so I thought I'd silence it before it got you into any more trouble." He cacked as I could smell the alcohol he had consumed prior to my kidnapping, "You're welcome." Was the last thing I heard when he gripped my hair, forcing my head up, only to smash it down onto the pavement, knocking me out.

"They treated me like... like a zoo animal. Apparently my 'grandfather' notified them of how my anger is entertaining to the sick man's eyes." I wrappped my arms around my knees, "Everyday they would jab at me with metal rods, and sometimes they were heated, for hours, telling me to just admit defeat. I went through such tourture for one week."

"Rise and shine." A bull taunted as I was jabbed into consciousness with a blazing hot metal rod.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" I shouted, my side stinging, "What are you trying to prove?!"

"That a bull," He smacked my face with an unlit rod as I cheek fell onto the cold metal base of my cage, "Can crush a spider." He poked at my stomach with a firery rod again.

"Why don't you burn my face too then?!" I challenged him.

"No one would bye you on the market after we killed you brother if you had two nasty scars on your face." He cackled.

---

"Juggle, princess." A bull cackled on the sixth day the handed. Me three rubber balls that I simply threw at their faces.

"I'm not an animal." I spoke.

Yet again, rods angrily bashed at my body. I could feel the sting of the fire with every blow.

I could feel my eyes start to tear. I always hated crying, it was so weak of me to do.

"I was near death by the time my brother came, and all I could really remember from his rescue was blood, so much blood." I shook from the cold and my memories.

I coughed up the blood I had been swallowing down right before my brother walked in, "You know, the thing about bulls, they may be large, but they're dumb." I held a smirk as blood trailed down my lips, "Their only defense is crushing things. We spiders, we get our venom into your blood stream, and you won't even realize it until it's far too late. By this point, all you can do now, is die." The doors swung open.

I finally let go of the metal bars I had been gripping. I can sleep now. All I could feel was liquid splashing my face while I heard the screams of the bulls as my eyes closed for the first time in a week.

"Odia-" Kyoya could tell I was distressed.

"You know, I had to see a therapist, and I just couldn't really... I couldn't-" I choked as a sob tried to break out, "I couldn't forget. All I could feel, all I can feel is my sides burning, aching, and-and everything really sucks nowadays." A tear managed to roll down my cheek.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled as I held onto myself while sitting on my bed.

My brother sighed. It's been one week, and I still haven't let anyone come near me.

"I have to go now, Odi-Bear,  I love you." Was all he said before I heard the door close behind me.

He had a tendency to give up on me a lot, and make other people fix me.

Yet, all I could hear was the cackles of the bulls, the stinging of the rods, and that cold metal cage.

I thought back to Kyohei as I contemplated my next potential husband possibilities.

"I mean, it's only a matter of time before my brother digs up another guy to be my fianceè, and I just wish rather than having other men or hiring a person to ask me how I am once in a while, he would. I'm sick of everyone caring because they were assigned to!"

No one has ever truly cared for me before I came here, and I was pretty fucking sick of it.

"Why do you think my brother didn't see me in two years? It's because I was broken back then. He doesn't want to deal with me, so he hires other to." I dug my nails into the side of my knees as thunder clapped and an involuntary yell slipped out, "I just-" I stopped as something gripped my arm, turned me around, and I was suddenly tightly embraced into a male chest as my tears had lost all sense while I sobbed into my first love's chest.

"It's okay now." Kyoya spoke softly as his hand stroked my damp hair, "You're safe now."

I reacted to this as any teenage girl who just relived a kidnapping would, I sobbed in his arms.

"No, it's... it's..." Where I was going with this sentence was beyond me, but I eventually just gripped his chest as I sobbed into his shirt that probabaly cost more than my past apartment.

"I'm so sorry." My puffy eyes widened at these words that sounded to sincere to be true.

"Please don't apologize for not loving me." I spoke sooftly as I leaned my head on his chest.

"No." He held me tighter as, what I suppose was my imagination, heard his heart beat faster, "I'm sorry you've been alone your whole life, and I'm sorry I haven't exactly helped."

"It's... it's fine. I'm alright now." I quickly stopped my sobbing to a quiet cry as I tried to pull away from the heart wrenching hug, but he wouldn't budge.

"Let's just... stay like this... just for tonight." Kyoya's silky voice spoke softly, "It'll gobright back to normal tomorrow, but just tonight, I want to care."

"Okay, Kyoya." I relaxed in his arms as I eventually dazed off into my first fully relaxed sleep through a raging storm.