five

jeongin kept staring at the clock as he sat on his desk, he was thumping his foot on the classroom floor. it was ten minutes to twelve and soon he was gonna have to sit across hyunjin's sister, someone who he has to impress or its byebye payday.

he stared at the last messages hyunjin sent him today.

hyunjin
yeji is really protective.
she can also be a bitch but she has a heart of gold.
please don't embarrass me.

jeongin sighed as mr. kang kept blabbing on about physics and shit jeongin couldn't bring himself to care for.

the bell rang and jeongin practically sprinted out of the room and saw hyunjin leaning against the wall, waiting for him as he said he would.

"took you long enough." hyunjin said as jeongin raised an eyebrow,

"did you not see me practically fly off from my seat?"

"whatever, sorry. it's been awhile since i've brought someone to meet my sister and i'm a bit out of it." hyunjin sighed.

jeongin poked his cheek and gave him a smile, "don't worry hyung, i'm sure everything will he fine."

hyunjin shook his head and grabbed jeongin's hand, to which the younger blushed at as the older led him towards the school parking lot.

"we'll be heading to uptown where my sister is." hyunjin said.

"isn't that too far? hyung i have a class after lunch." jeongin pouted.

"skip it." hyunjin replied almost instantly.

"i can't. i have a quiz." jeongin answered sheepishly.

"i don't care, just do it." hyunjin answered.

"but-"

"jeongin. i don't wanna sound like a bitch right now but i'm paying you to be my fake boyfriend. atleast give me my money's worth." hyunjin snapped, making the younger flinch.

'h-he, he never snapped at me before.' jeongin thought but he shooked his head.

'snap out of it jeongin, he's not him. he's different.'

"r-right, of course." jeongin murmured as he kept his head down and got into the car.

seeing jeongin like this made hyunjin's eyes soften as he instantly regretted his tone.

"jeongin i-"

"it's okay hyung. can we please go now? i don't want to keep your sister waiting." jeongin said with a small smile, trying to hide the pain he felt.

hyunjin just nodded, seeing there was no point in wasting time. he started the car and they drove off.

jeongin had his head down, fidgeting in his seat and the occasional glance at the window. he was trying to recall the rule their agency has.

"we don't have a say about their plans. our main priority is to make them happy, even if it means we have to sacrifice shit. as long as we get our paycheck, its a win for us gays."