thirteen

"seungmin was a little devil with angel wings." hyunjin started as he took another sip of his soup as jeongin got comfortable on the edge of the bed where he sat cross-legged.

"how did you guys meet?" jeongin asked.

hyunjin chuckled fondly at the memory,

hyunjin groaned to himself as his mom fixed the red tie he was wearing. he was wearing it along with a white dress shirt, a navy blue blazer and cream shorts.

his hair was styled neatly and he was sporting a silver earring.

"i really don't see the need to dress up for a dinner mom." he sighed as his mom shooked her head.

she too was dressed up. she had her hair in a fancy up-do, her makeup done and she was wearing a navy blue fem suit.

"nonsense honey, you and yeji would be meeting some friends your dad and i have from college, the kims are very wonderful people and i think you'd love them very much." his mom replied with a small smile as she pinched hyunjin's cheek, to the younger's whines.

"mom, i'm seventeen and you're still pinching my cheeks." hyunjin whined as his mom laughed and waved him off.

"they also have a son around your age so you two will be close in no time!" she added with a wink, causing the boy to blush.

hyunjin's parents were really young. in their early thirties (they had hyunjin during college and yeji soon after). hyunjin thinks because of that they bond differently from other families because their age is not too far from one another. also, they were more open to new stuff.

when hyunjin came out as bi his mother was enthused and his dad popped a bottle of champagne.

--

hyunjin, yeji, and their parents pulled up to a fancy restaurant where they were gonna meet the kims.

"now, the kims are really fun to be with. namjoon and jin, ahh what a pair they are." his dad spoke fondly of the kims.

"gay and proud. legends i tell you." his mom agreed.

"wow, you'll fit right in jinnie!" yeji gasped as she clamped hyunjin's back as their parents laughed.

"wow, bisexuality erased!" hyunjin exclaimed sarcastically as he laughed.

"be on your best behavior okay? but don't make this awkward."

they entered the restaurant and the hostess led them to a secluded area where he can hear laughter from.

he saw four (gay) men laughing with each other as one of them told a story that hyunjin didn't really catch onto.

one of them spotted the hwangs and he stood up and gave hyunjin's parents a hug.

"welcome guys! we're so glad you made it!" he said enthusiastically.

"great to see you joon." hyunjin's dad said with a smile as 'joon' (who yeji pointed out as 'namjoon') led them to their seats.

"i guess introductions are in order. joon, jin meet our kids hyunjin and yeji."

hyunjin and yeji bowed slightly and said a soft 'hello'.

"aish, they're so formal!" a very handsome guy commented (who yeji again pointed out as 'jin').

"alright, meet our son seungmin and our brother, taehyung." jin said as he pointed to seungmin and taehyung.

taehyung had dark blue hair, a killer side profile, a very adorable smile and likeable attitude.