40.4

hyunjin sat on one of the chairs at the kitchen table, a glass of cool iced tea in his hands as he faced mr. yang, who continued to stare at him. jeongin sat next to his boyfriend, completely unaware of the older's nervousness.

mr. yang was difficult to read, hyunjin had been trying to analyze his reactions and emotions but it seemed like it was as difficult as trying to make a new language.

at this point he had already embarrassed himself from the awkward introduction and how he kept stuttering and such. but mr. yang seemed like he understood the boy... or not.

hyunjin frowned slightly at the thought but waved it off when someone cleared their throat.

"so, how did you guys meet?" mr. yang asked as hyunjin gulped as he took a sip of his iced tea.

"w-we met at school, sir." hyunjin answered nervously as he turned to look at his boyfriend.

jeongin grabbed one of hyunjin's hands and gave it a reassuring squeeze before he added, "he's an upperclassman, appa. he's a really sweet and nice guy that i heard so much about and i really admired him during sophomore year. then our paths crossed this year when i accidentally spilt iced coffee on his shirt. we began talking after that and the rest is history."

"that's nice." mr. yang commented as he turned back to the older,

"so hyunjin. tell me about yourself."

"uhmm, i'm hyunjin and i'm 19 years old. i uhh, lived in seoul all my life with my sister, yeji." hyunjin said sheepishly.

"what about your parents?" mr. yang asked.

"oh, mom and dad are rarely home since they travel alot for work. i think dad is at daegu right now and mom is in spain for a meeting."

"sounds big, what do they do?"

"my parents operate our business, hwang corporations. we have hotels, resorts, charities, and a few animal shelters all over korea and a few other countries." hyunjin said, a little bit embarrassed that he had to out himself as a rich boy, but hey he was asking.

"b-but they do make time for us," hyunjin added quickly, "they take the holidays off and we celebrate together. t-they were also there for my birthday and innie made sure they were there so yeah."

mr. yang nodded as he looked impressed to say the least, "well that's nice to hear. do you have any plans? i heard your batch graduated this year right?"

hyunjin squeezed jeongin's hand (which was still holding his other hand- it was quite comforting actually), "i, i don't know yet sir. there's so much i want to do- i was thinking of doing interior design or maybe i could be a dancer. i'm gonna be taking the next few months to sort it out."

"don't pressure yourself kid, you still have a long way to go. just make sure you end up doing what you want yeah?"

hyunjin smiled at that, "y-yes sir, thank you for the advice."

"anyways, what are your intentions regarding my son?" he asked as he gave him a look, jeongin whined in embarrassment as he pouted.

"huh?"

"i want to know why you're with my son and what are your plans for in the long run. i need to know if my son is in capable hands." mr. yang explained.

hyunjin paused to think, he turned to look at jeongin, who was looking at him with his almond shaped eyes, waiting for a response as well.

they've been dating for a while now, and it has been the happiest hyunjin has ever been. made him feel like he was sitting on one of the clouds in the skies and he had a very soft and beautiful angel sitting next to him as they admired the view from above.

hyunjin felt nothing but euphoria whenever he's with him, whenever the younger isn't with him he felt like he was missing something. jeongin made him feel at ease- like right now, hyunjin would probably be a mess right now if it weren't for jeongin holding his hand. (y'all remember that iconic minsung moment during the survival show? UGH it's kinda like that).

but did he really have a plan?

did he really see jeongin as his end game?

hyunjin took a deep breath as he collected himself, "your son has been nothing more than the kindest, purest, and understanding person that i've ever met. i love how he always made sure that everyone is okay, that they had nothing to worry about. t-that he'd put others over himself any day of the week."

"i love how he always radiates sunshine whenever he's in the room, he brightens my day with his smile alone, he makes me better with his surprise kisses, hugs, and reassuring looks."

jeongin stared at him romantically as he continued listening to his boyfriend go on about him. he actually lived for this.

'if mama hwang was here she'd be squealing so hard right now.' jeongin thought as hyunjin continued,

"the future isn't set in stone, but i can assure you sir, that i, hyunjin samuel hwang will take care of your son and give him only the best. i'd be his shoulder to cry on, his number one cheerleader, and i'll always make sure he'd be home on time. if there is a possibility that the both of us are not meant to be then i'll give him the best boyfriend experience he could always look back on."

...

...

...

"your second name is samuel?"

hyunjin groaned, "i literally said the cheesiest shit ever and that is what you're gonna say?"

"b-but dude, that is so white. are you aussie too?"

mr. yang cleared his throat as hyunjin mumbled a quick apology for his profanity and for their weird exchange.

mr. yang was about to say something when his phone suddenly rang, he grumbled, "ah, this is from work. innie why don't you go show hyunjin around for a few yeah? this might take a while."

jeongin nodded as his dad got up and began talking on the phone, the younger faced him and asked,

"wanna grab some air?"

"okay."