sixteen

'it was jeongin' hyunjin thought to himself as he engulfed the boy into a hug, jeongin chuckled and hugged him back.

"thank you for the cupcake." hyunjin whispered as jeongin pinched his cheek.

"anytime jinnie hyung, i hope you didn't find this creepy." jeongin laughed nervously as hyunjin shook his head,

"n-no not at all! i'm glad it was you a-and i thought it was romantic."

jeongin coo'ed and pinched his cheek again before he took hyunjin's hand as they walked towards the cafeteria.

jeongin was thankful he was leading hyunjin so that the older couldn't see the way his cheeks were burning up.

he felt hyunjin hold onto his hand firmer, then hyunjin pulled him in and a second later he was in the comfort of hyunjin's strong arms.

"i'm-" jeongin started but he got silenced when hyunjin kissed jeongin on the nose.

"now, let's go get lunch yeah?"

"o-okay."

--

the day passed by rather smoothly, for lunch hyunjin was greeted by a chorus of 'happy birthdays' by the students and his friends, on their table was a cute chocolate cake that felix brought from the store.

hyunjin was smiling so much that felix and jeongin gave each other a high five and yeji was busy documenting what was happening for her instagram story.

once the school bell rang, they were walking hand in hand as they walked towards hyunjin's car.

"so, was that why you and lixie were always together?" hyunjin mused and jeongin nodded proudly.

"mhmm, i wanted to surprise you." jeongin chirped as hyunjin couldn't help but feel a whirlwind of emotions as he smiled at the younger.

"that's great to hear." hyunjin mumbled to himself, proud that his suspicions were false after all.

unfortunately for him jeongin heard him and tilted his head in confusion, "what was that jinnie?"

"o-oh uhh nothing."

jeongin raised an eyebrow as they got in the car, "just tell me hyunnie, i won't judge."

hyunjin took a deep breath, he knew that it was practically pointless to try and argue with him, especially when jeongin was looking at him with puppy eyes.

"i- i thought there w-was something between you and f-felix." hyunjin mumbled lowly.

jeongin blinked.

"girl what?"

"huh?"

"you were mumbling i didn't hear."

"oh, i said that i thought you and lix had a thing." hyunjin repeated.

...

wait.

"were you jealous?" jeongin asked, smiling widely as hyunjin blushed furiously as he started the car.

"m-me? no! of course not! i was j-just uhm curious. yeah that's it, i was curious!" hyunjin stuttered as jeongin laughed at him and clapped his hands.

he couldn't believe his ears right now, hwang hyunjin, the prince, the guy who could have anyone he wanted was jealous over the thought of someone being with him.

"wig." jeongin blurted out.

"huh?" hyunjin asked, confused.

"just drive hyunnie." jeongin giggled as hyunjin just did what he was told.