twenty nine

hyunjin was sitting at his table with felix, talking about life as the two were only now having a proper conversation after the angsty episodes the older had.

after the whole driving incident, lee felix has shown that he was truly the best friend hyunjin didn't deserve but needed. he never left the older's side, always there to sleep next to him, lounge in his living room and scold him for drinking.

and the friend who keeps hogging the flatscreen in the living room so he can play fortnite as noobmaster69.

"man, are you really leaving for new york?" hyunjin asked after the laughter died down courtesy of one of the jokes felix had shared.

hearing that felix had to leave to pursue his own happiness, hyunjin felt emotional that he was yet to be left by someone he depended on.

but this time, he wasn't filled with sadness. he was filled with happiness for the aussie.

felix gave him a sad smile and nodded, "as much as i love watching you and your lovelife unfold and straighten you up when needed, i have to settle and fix my own."

hyunjin's eyes widened, "s-so, does this mean you're ready?"

without hesitation, felix nodded, "i am."

it has been a long time coming but now felix has done something it took him eighteen years to do so.

accept himself.

excitedly, hyunjin went over to him and gave him a hug, felix laughed and hugged him back.

"i'm going to miss you lixie."

"i'm gonna miss you too jinnie." felix said as he kissed hyunjin's nose.

"promise me you won't forget me?" hyunjin pouted and felix responded,

"never. 'm not that bitch who ghosted you after you confessed your feelings."

hyunjin gave him a look and slowly the two howled in laughter.

if you told hwang hyunjin three months ago that he'd be sharing a laugh about the boy he had feelings for basically rejecting him he'd punch you straight in the face and then he'll head home and cry over it and apologize to you over texts with cute emojis.

but now, he'll just laugh and even crack a joke about it with you.

character development at its finest.

"speaking off," felix said once the let go, "i haven't seen him or jeongin. where are they?"

--

"innie baby! i'm so glad you made it!" the newly wed, choi yeji squealed in delight once she spotted her favorite boy.

jeongin giggled as he received the hug yeji gave him, "i wouldn't miss this for the world! congratulations by the way!"

yeji gave him a huge grin and said, "thank you! oh my god i can't believe i'm married at eighteen! how insane is that?! i feel like i'm in a fanfic!"

"you are..." jeongin mumbled as yeji looked at him confused but shrugged it off.

they were at the wedding reception, hosting the usual party for the newly weds. the chois and hwangs rented out a very big hotel to accomodate the three hundred guests they had.

it had a photobooth, which hyunjin's mom was abusing right now as she kept posing for photo after photo as hyunjin's dad just stared lovingly and embarrassed. rows and rows of tables filled with dishes from all over the world and a dozen waiters rushing all over to deliver the food to the right tables.

balloons and flowers and a loveseat were situated on the stage alongside the five layer wedding cake that had cute figurines of yeji and yeonjun.

yeah, nothing fancy, the couple wanted a nice and quiet wedding with their closest friends and family and not with some crusty and fake old business people. it made it better rather than making it look like it was just for show.

"how are you enjoying yourself hmm?" yeji asked as jeongin grinned at her.

"everything is just great! like look at this place! it's spectacular really." jeongin answered to which yeji giggled at.

"well, that's great."

"where's your hubby?" jeongin asked and yeji pointed to a table nearby where yeonjun was talking with the others.

"he's over there with his boys, quite a lovely bunch they are. they call themselves txt and stuff. weird right? they look like they're in a boyband or something."

jeongin looked just in time to see soobin slap yeonjun on the face as they laughed at the boy's expense and they started humming about wanting to be someone's cat.

"yeah, weird."

yeji took a deep breath before saying, "i also want to thank you for coming, really. hyunjin told me about your... arrangement and quarrels. i'm glad that you guys made up. he was an absolute mess when you left."

jeongin stilled, not really expecting this situation at a wedding of all places, he saw the way yeji looked at him the emotion in her eyes were there conveying a story of hurt and angst that words need to not speak of.

"well, it's just a small misunderstanding sis, nothing to worry about." jeongin reassured her and yeji gave him a hug in response.

"thank you oppa." she said and jeongin petted her hair affectionately.

"you don't have to thank me for loving your brother." he replied and yeji let out a tightened squeal.

"t-that was so cringey and cute! ugh i have to tell mom! toodles bitch i have to be nice and greet these people, i'll catch you later!"

he smiled at her as he watched her go to yeonjun's friends and drag the poor unsuspecting boy away from his friends so that they could greet the other guests.

he heard a soft chuckle behind him and a voice that said, "she's really something hmm?"

"she is." jeongin hummed as he turned around to face the stranger.

the stranger was slightly taller than him, had soft brown hair, was cute (kinda looked like a puppy) and had a dandy-ish atmosphere about him.

"i'm sorry, i didn't mean to eavesdrop but she referred to you as innie yes? does this mean you're the jeongin i've heard about?" the stranger asked.

jeongin raised an eyebrow at this but he nodded anyways.

the stranger smiled and clapped his hands, "perfect! hi, i'm kim seungmin!"

--

BITCH ITS HAPPENING ASDFGGHJKL

we reached 7k :") and we at #2 on hyunjeong yalL tHiS iS iT!! KFNSKDHDKD

also im super sorry about the delay of this chapter 👉👈 i was dealing with writer's block and i was doing some stuff for the next book hehe.

i know this chapter didn't seem much but hopefully the next one is better!!

till next time!!

- ferds