thirty

ik i said we had enough angst but i swear this has a purpose!!

this is somewhat lengthy too so yeah uwu think of it as a thank you for helping me gain a thousand reads after two chapters <3

--

kim seungmin had brown eyes, the kind of eyes that one wouldn't get tired of staring at. the kind of eyes that displayed genuine emotions and the type that could look into your soul. his eyes matched his hair, although hyunjin had said the seungmin he knew had red hair, this one had brown.

seungmin was pretty, his features were soft and innocent. he could see why hyunjin fell for him. he was his ideal type.

jeongin found himself staring at seungmin for a little while before snapping back to reality as he coughed.

"y-you're seungmin?" he squeaked out as seungmin chuckled and nodded.

"yes, hwang hyunjin's bestfriend."

"was." jeongin blurted out as seungmin gave him a look of confusion.

"i'm sorry?"

"was," jeongin repeated, "you were his bestfriend, that title belongs to felix now."

seungmin looked taken aback by this, he looked down as jeongin continued, surprised by himself that he wasn't stuttering or felt inferior to the person in front of him. that he didn't feel inferior to the person that has bewitched his jinnie.

"i think you stopped being his bestfriend when you hurt him in the past." jeongin added as seungmin frowned.

"come with me, this isn't the place for this." the older stated as he turned around and walked.

jeongin hesitated on following him but he decided to follow him anyway.

--

the two were at the rooftop of the hotel, seungmin waited for him patiently, they stood by the pool and under it's lights.

"how much do you know?" seungmin asked quietly as jeongin answered,

"i know enough."

"i know how much you've hurt him after that, how many tears he's shed or how he shut himself down and you left yeji and felix hyung to suffer from your mistakes? yeah, i guess i know enough." jeongin spat, not caring if he sounded rude right now.

he couldn't help it, the main reason as to why he had suffered was standing right in front of him.

seungmin deserved to feel the pain he had felt over the course of three months, seungmin deserved to feel the pain he made hyunjin feel for almost a year.

seungmin looked away, having found it hard to stare into the younger's eyes after the truth was slammed onto his face like a speeding car crashing onto a brick wall.

it hurt like a bitch.

"i- i can explain this all." he said, his voice barely a whisper, his voice almost cracking.

"w-when hyunjin confessed to me, i- i was scared. i didn't know what to do-" he started but jeongin cut him off with a humorless laugh.

"i've heard that a million times already." he snickered.

"but it's the truth!" seungmin snapped, his eyes darting up to glare at jeongin's cold interrogating ones.

"i- i was alone in a foreign country, i- i learned about my mom, a-and then all of a sudden he says that! what did you expect me to do?!"