twenty two

jeongin was never fond of his cream colored luggage bag, it represented way too many bad experiences for him.

his mom passing, running away from home, and now, running away from his feelings.

but now he was staring at it again as he started to put his belongings in it, with chan leaning on the doorframe of his bedroom and with woojin sitting on the edge of his bed.

the three of them wore the same expression the whole time: sadness.

sad that they were gonna part ways with one another.

sad that they will have to go on and not see each other.

sad because love was the reason why this was happening in the first place.

"a-are you sure about this?" chan asked as he watched jeongin pack his clothes.

jeongin nodded wordlessly, afraid to open his mouth, not trusting it to formulate words in fear if breaking down again.

he had let his hyungs see him get like this, be emotional and it was heartbreaking for him to see the people around him get sad because of the series of unfortunate events that had happened to him.

his train leaves in two hours, in a few hours time he'll be back to a place he once called home, he'll be back to a place that he once considered his haven, a place where his family was.

truth be told, he's not sure how his family was doing. his hyung was still overseas, and his father...

mr. yang is a very cheerful and lively person, he welcomes everyone with open arms and is always seen with a smile etched on his face.

then the tragedy that happened to his mom- things changed.

he was still cheerful and vibrant yes, but when the doors are closed and the world couldn't see what was going on he'd sulk and shut everyone out.

he still managed to be a good father for jeongin, he was stil able to provide for them, able to talk to him, everything.

it's just its as if something inside of him died and he never recovered from it.

his dad doesn't know that jeongin was coming home, and maybe that's for the best.

maybe something in his life would turn out differently.

--

"dad? are you home?" jeongin called as soon as he entered their new home.

they were advised by the doctors to move homes to avoid reliving the painful memories, and even if they weren't told to do so they would've left anyway.

it hurt to stay in a house where it reminds you of memories that will never happen again because the person you were with while making those memories is a memory itself.

the yangs were devastated, and staying in that house only made things worse.

they were able to move to a small apartment downtown, it was nothing fancy but it wasn't ugly. it was just right.

"i'm here." he heard his father reply, jeongin turned to his dad's bedroom and saw him sitting cross-legged on his single bed.

jeongin noticed his father was holding a piece of paper which he recognized as a train ticket for seoul.

"a-are you planning on going on a trip?" jeongin asked.

his dad sighed, "no baby. this ticket, is for you."