twenty six

goodbye angst and hello soft shit uwu

"aah, lixie that hurts!" hyunjin whined as felix groaned,

"hold still would ya doll? im trying not to choke you right now."

"t-try harder!"

hyunjin let out a choked sound as felix mumbled a "sorry" before he loosened his grip.

"t-this is usually easier when you do it yourself." felix sighed in defeat.

"ugh, how hard is it to tie a tie?" hyunjin pouted as felix laughed,

"go ask yeonjun to help you."

"maybe i will." hyunjin replied as he walked to the room next to his and he knocked on the door of his soon to be brother-in-law.

"yeonjunnie!"

yeonjun perked up at the sound of his name as he beamed at hyunjin, who was now standing next to him.

"jinnie hyung!" yeonjun chirped as hyunjin poked his cheek and pouted,

"help me with my tie?"

yeonjun giggled and did so as he was told.

"so, how have ya been?" he asked as he finished hyunjin's tie as the older shrugged,

"i'm doing okay, lixie never left my side after that.."

ever since the incident a few days ago, felix made sure to never leave his side, the aussie had basically camped in the older's room, sleeping with him and making sure he ate, slept, and did his usual activities.

hyunjin appreciated felix's efforts.

"well, i'm glad lixie hyung can make ya feel better." yeonjun smiled at him and hyunjin smiled back.

"yeah, and what about you? how does it feel to get married at nineteen?" hyunjin teased as yeonjun blushed and looked down,

"i-it feels like i i-impregnated someone."

hyunjin chuckled as he placed his hands on yeonjun's shoulders, "don't be nervous okay? you and yeji are gonna be happy together. y'all have been crushing on each other since you learned how to eat paper in kindergarten."

"y-you really think so?" yeonjun asked as he looked at hyunjin hopefully, his soft eyes making the older coo even more.

"i know so junnie. welcome to the family."

yeonjun smiled wide as he hugged hyunjin and the older was quick to hug him back, petting the younger's silver hair affectionately.

"i- i hope you and innie make up soon." yeonjun said softly as hyunjin stilled at the name.

"m-me too junnie, me too."

hyunjin missed jeongin.

he missed the moments he had shared with him.

he missed that moment they had at the cafe they had when jeongin removed a smudge of chocolate from his face and to lick it, he loved how jeongin was a confident gay that day.

he missed that moment when jeongin immediately captured his sister's heart, he loved how jeongin could charm everyone with his chirpy self.

he missed that moment they shared when they had ice cream together, he loved watching jeongin ate his ice cream excitedly- it was cute.

or that moment when he had opened up to him about his life, hyunjin loved how the younger trusted him with one of the most vulnerable experiences he's had.

he missed those moments when jeongin would patiently sit by the bleachers and watch his every game and practice- he loved how caring and loving he was.

he missed that birthday party jeongin threw for him or when he found out jeongin was his cupcake person.

or when jeongin was giggling about his petty jealousy in the park.

fuck.

it hit him hard as he entered his room where felix was finishing up styling his hair.

"lixie."

"yeah?"

"i'm in love with jeongin." hyunjin announced, a smile on his face as he did so.

"i know." felix smiled back.

"well, let's get going. we don't wanna be late to your sister's wedding now don't we?" felix said as he swept away a few strands of hyunjin's newly dyed dark brown hair from his forehead.

"guys? c-can you drive me to the cathedral? i don't know how to drive." yeonjun pouted as his hyungs laughed.

"why do you think we're here for junnie? let's go."

as they walked down the stairs, hyunjin couldn't help but think back to his sudden realization.

he loves yang jeongin.

and for once, he didn't use the name yang jeongin with kim seungmin.

if that isn't improvement and character growth i don't know what is.

he took one last look at the mirror next to his door, he took a deep breath before telling himself,

"you got this jinjin."

'i wish you were here with me baby.'

"hey jinnie! what's taking you so long?"

"o-oh yeah i'll be right out!"

he eyed the extra invitation on the table.

"hey guys? mind if we make a quick pitstop somewhere?"

"hel- bitch what the FUCK are you doing here? momma woo! get the frying pan there's a bitch i have to whack!" chan yelled as woojin, who was like, right next to him rolled his eyes.

"calm down ch-"

"say it."

"i don't think this is the time?"

"say it." chan whined as woojin groaned.

"dadda chan," woojin said as chan smiled in happiness, "calm down, we are NOT supposed to whack visitors in the face with a frying pan, even if he did do something stupid."

he gave hyunjin a small smile and said, "what can we do for you sweetie?"

"i-is innie home?"

woojin gave him a small smile, "i'm sorry, he isn't back."

hyunjin looked defeated but he still managed to give woojin the invitation.

"i- i wanted to give this to you him. m-my sister is gonna get married in a bit. maybe you want to come in innie's place instead? h-he's expected to be there."

"if you think-" chan started but woojin elbowed him in the stomach.

"thank you hyunjin. but i don't think we can." woojin laughed softly, "if you gave this yesterday we could've prepared. i'm sorry."

hyunjin blushed in embarrassment, "r-right. sorry. b-but keep the invitation i-in case. uhmm, i have to go now. b-bye, thank you hyungs."

with that he gave a bow and scurried back to his car where yeonjun was waving at the two strangers he has never met before with one of those pure and innocent smiles he had.

"o-okay, let's go."

and with that they drove off.

as soon as they left a motorcycle stopped in front of the kim-bang household.

"what in the name of 5sos-" chan gasped.

"w-where is the wedding?" jeongin asked, breathlessly as woojin slowly gave him the invitation.

"thank you hyung!" jeongin squealed as he tapped jungkook's back and the older revved up his motorcycle as they sped off.

apparently, jeongin was back.

and he had a wedding to get to.