twenty four

warning: headassery and end game spoilers below 👇

"so," park jimin started as he dipped his fry into his ketchup as he stared jeongin in the face, "you returned home because this guy hyundick-"

"hyunjin." jeongin corrected his bestfriend, who shrugged,

"hyunjin, hyundick. same thing. he like broke your heart?"

"well," jeongin replied as he grabbed one of the nuggets they had ordered, "breaking my heart seems a bit too much."

as soon as jeongin settled into busan again, he did the most logical thing to do.

ring up his bestfriend.

jeongin and jimin, despite the age gap, were the best of friends since childhood. jimin was like one of those protective sassy gay big brothers jeongin never had because his own hyung was straight.

i know, he's straight in 2019. weird right?

anyways, while big brother yang was making sure jeongin steers away from trouble and made sure that his little brother was protected, jimin kept him entertained and loved.

and when jeongin's hyung went overseas to work to help keep them afloat, jimin took full responsibility of him.

and when jeongin left for seoul, jimin had helped arrange everything for him- his schooling, his allowance, clothes, everything.

"how did you even meet this dude?" jimin asked curiously, tilting his head to the side and jeongin couldn't help but coo at his hyung's adorableness and pinch his cheeks.

jimin had soft and beautiful features, his pink hair, beautiful brown eyes, kissable plump lips, and he was slightly taller frame than jeongin (a shocker).

"yah! don't do that my cheeks will get puffier." jimin exclaimed as jeongin laughed.

"but you're adorable!" jeongin pouted as jimin rolled his eyes,

"i know. but stop!"

jeongin giggled and pinched his cheek again as jimin huffed,

"you know what- *pinch* if you don't sto- *pinch* oh i see how it is, right i'm gonna do something evil."

"what could my mochi hyung do that is evil?" jeongin teased and jimin looked like he was so done with everything.

"oh you asked for it- in avenger's end game iron man DIES."

jeongin's jaw dropped and he dropped his nugget to his tray and jimin looked smug,

"black widow died too."

"BITCH!" jeongin squeaked as he attempted to throw a nugget at the older's face.

"throw that nugget and i'll spoil you even MORE. try me bitch." jimin threatened as jeongin hung his head in defeat as jimin giggled in happiness.

"so, how did y'all meet?" jimin asked again and jeongin pursed his lips, debating on whether he should tell jimin the truth or not, he didn't know how his hyung would react.

"i- i have a job." jeongin started as jimin looked at him with curiousity, "i'm like a stand-in for people who need dates."

"like that noah centineo film?" jimin asked and jeongin nodded,

"yeah, but we were the first to do that and not him. so anyways, he required my services to he his fake boyfriend and i was so happy cause like i have a major crush on him ever since i moved there."

"and then as time passed when your with him your feelings got stronger and you began to want something more than just this convenient set up for the two of you." jimin finished for him and jeongin stared at him, wide-eyed at the accuracy.

"what? i watched pretty woman. you're like vivian and he's edward lewis- but y'all asian and like, gay."

"but like vivian, i want a fairytale too." jeongin sighed as he toom another fry.

"girl, did you like tell him that you liked him?" jimin asked.

"i- i told him before i left.."

"that's bullshit!" jimin exclaimed as he slammed his hands on the table, making people look at them.

"ma'am this is a mcdonald's... literally." jeongin hushed him as he calmed him down while giving apologetic looks at the people around them.

once jimin calmed down, he took a sip from his float and spoke, "so, in a nutshell, you got to be the fake boyfriend of your crush, who asked for your services to get over someone and he had no idea that you liked him that way and then he kissed you and you got mad cause he moaned the name the person he wanted to forget and then you got salty bout that, professed your love to him, slapped his face then left."

"y-yeah, that's basically it."

jimin turned to the readers and gave them a look, "y'all read this mess and say this is entertainment?"

he turned back to jeongin and said, "there's a carnival here soon, you should ask if they're hiring clowns."

"w-wha?" jeongin asked confused.

"cause you're just clowning yourself ma."

"look, baby," jimin sighed, "you know i love you and all but have you took the time to actually think about what happened? he had no idea you LIKED him until you told him."

"but, wasn't what i showed enough?" jeongin tried and jimin shooked his head as a 'no'.

"sister, tops are stupid! that's why we bottoms exist."

"you were hired. he must've assumed you were doing a great job acting."

he then remembered when he was screaming at hyunjin and how the older had a look of surprise when he told him how he felt.

"oh my god." jeongin breathed out as jimin clapped his hands,

"bingo!"

"baby, you could've prevented all of this when you told him about your feelings sooner. yes, he could've told you too if he feels the same way but he still has feelings for whoever the fuck he's moping about. maybe he didn't want to complicate things? maybe he's scared, maybe he didn't want to face rejection again." jimin tried, listing a few reasons why hyunjin didn't say anything.

"you have a point." jeongin mumbled, feeling a bit guilty as to how he had acted.

"i have to go see him." jeongin said as jimin smiled encouragingly.

"before you leave again, there are some stuff you gotta do first." jimin said and jeongin looked at him confused.

"and what would that be?"

"tie up all your loose strings here first innie, you can't keep running away from shit forever."

"o-okay."

jeongin said it before and he'll say it again- thank god for park jimin.