eleven

the couple had dropped off felix at marky pooh's coffee and pastry! after hyunjin had finished showering en route to taking jeongin home. since then, the aussie had been immersed in frosting a chocolate cake that he got surprised when his boss, mark tuan approach him and said,

"lixie doll, go and take that boy's order. i'll take it from here."

felix nodded and grabbed his notepad and pen from his back jean pocket and made his way to the boy who was hunched over at the menu.

"welcome to marky pooh's coffee and pastry, where everything we serve is tasty! what can i get you?" felix recited, he could hear mark cringing at the goddamn awful jingle his boyfriend jackson had thought off.

"i'd like to have a slice of- felix?"

"felix isn't available for customer consumption." felix chuckled but stopped when he looked down and saw,

"oh, it's you hyung. hi." felix said nervously, his cheeks dusted with a slight shade of pink embarrassed of the tone he used earlier.

"i- i didn't know you worked here.. i'm sorry, i'll just go look for a different cafe." changbin said as he tried to get up but felix pushed him slightly down confusing the older.

"t-that won't be necessary hyung, i don't mind you here. i-if you want someone else to take your order i can uhmm call jackson hyung at the back." felix replied to which changbin shooked his head.

felix could tell that the older wanted to say something but he didn't say anything. finally, changbin sighed,

"i want to talk to you."

felix gulped, "o-one slice of felix it is then. a-anything else?"

--

changbin had to wait for felix's shift to end before he could have spoken with the aussie. it was already nine o'clock and the three of them: mark, jackson, and felix were tidying up the cafe before they close for the night.

changbin offered to help but mark insisted he "sit the fuck down, you're our customer not a worker."

so changbin sat patiently at a corner before mark waved for him so that they could all leave.

"thank god! i feel so tired!" jackson sighed in relief as mark closed the doors.

mark gave him a look, "you literally sat down in the back the whole day."

"sitting in a kitchen gets boring you know."

"maybe it won't be boring when you helped out." mark suggested.

"maybe it won't be boring when we can do something else in the kitchen." jackson winked, making mark blush and felix look disgusted.

"i will never be able to bake in the same way again with that image in my head." felix shuddered, making changbin chuckle.

"you're welcome. c'mon baby, let's go home and play with the whipped cre-" jackson stated but stopped when mark clamped his hand on jackson's mouth.

jackson rolled his eyes as he picked mark up bridal style making the older feel flustered.

mark hit jackson as he laughed, he waved goodbye to felix, "toodles lixie! thank you! see you tomorrow!"

felix waved them off with a smile and he heard changbin chuckle, "they're cute, don't you think?"

"yeah, they really are." felix agreed.

"do you think we could've been like that?" changbin asked causing felix to flinch.

don't run away.
don't run away.
don't run away.

"felix, don't run away again." changbin said as he held onto the aussie's hand who had attempted to flee.

"i'm sorry, i just wasn't expecting that at all." felix apologized.

"it's fine, i get it, i-" changbin started but stopped himself.

changbin sighed to himself, felix was still felix. full of doubt and acceptance about who he really is. he hasn't changed.

so instead of questioning the younger even more he looked up the sky, staring at the countless of stars in the night.

"when did you come back?" changbin asked, changing the topic to which felix was grateful for.

"this summer." felix answered truthfully.

"did you plan on telling me?" changbin asked as they started along the sidewalk.

felix hesitated before answering, "n-no. i didn't know how you'd react to me being here."

changbin felt a pang in his heart when he heard the brutal truth from felix's lips.

'but you promised me you would.' changbin wanted to say but he knew that would only complicate things even further.

"well, i don't mind." changbin said instead as they entered a park, the park had its lampposts on, no one else was there but them.

they sat on a bench and felix looked at him in surprise, "r-really?"

changbin nodded, "mhmm, i missed you."

"i missed you too hyung." felix admitted making changbin smile at him.

"can we go back to the way it was before?" changbin asked making felix groan in frustration.

"hyung i told you-" felix started but changbin chuckled at him.

"i didn't mean that, i mean, it would be nice to he like that again but i was thinking that maybe we could try and be friends again? you and i were inseparable back then. i just missed you by my side." changbin said, turning his head to meet felix's eyes.

the older examined the younger's face. he changed a bit since last time. the baby fat on his cheeks were gone, making his face leaner and jawline more sharper. his orange hair was now dyed blonde, his eyes were shining, more happier than before as changbin observed.

but one thing that remained was that his face was still full of hesitation, felix didn't answer right away,

changbin's mood deflated a bit, he got up as he mumbled an incoherent goodbye and attempted to leave.

that was until felix grabbed his hand, changbin stared at their entwined hands in shock.

felix was trying to hide a blush creeping onto his cheeks, thanking god that it was night time and it wasn't too visible.

changbin kept staring at their hands and at the younger, his mind thinking of how beautiful felix looked in the moonlight.

"i- i guess we can try hyung." felix mumbled.

"i'm sorry what did you say?" changbin asked, not believing his ears.

"w-we can try being friends." felix said, a little louder this time.

"really?"

"really."

by now changbin was smiling and felix was too, the older held out his pinky and said, "promise?"

smiling wider, felix entwined his pinky with his and said, "promise."

--

i rlly need to stop announcing updates and then failing to deliver lmao.

but here's a bit of changlix for y'all, ik it's like a little confusing right now but trust me this is going somewhere uwu.

also, are any of y'all like armys? cause like persona was fucking lit. my faves are deff: make it right, dionysus, and boy with luv.

stream it y'all won't regret it!!

also i've a question in the next chapter and it would mean the world to me if y'all would participate in it and help me decide.

it's for my next fanfic after this so be on the look out for it!!