Chapter 1

I walked towards the derelict mansion, that had been passed down through the generations in my family. My parents didn't want it, and nor did my sister. They said it was creepy and probably haunted, but who in their right mind would pass up a house this big? Even though it was old it was still beautiful in my eyes.
Lucky for me, I wouldn't have to deal with many people as there was only one house in the secluded area.
"I should probably try and meet my neighbor tomorrow," I mumbled to myself as I walked up the staircase that leads to the front door. "I forgot how much effort these stairs are."

//time skip to that evening cause I'm lazy//

I should probably go get some fresh air, I haven't been outside for hot minute. So I walked across the long dark hallway that lead from the kitchen to the front of the house.
When I reached for the door handle I heard a loud 'BANG' coming from the second floor.

"Is someone there? I'm not afraid of you. Show yourself coward," I shouted, only to be replied to with the eerie giggles of a little girl, and what sounded like children running around above me. "Fuck this, I'm outtie."
I slipped on some shoes and ran down the front steps. When I reached the bottom I heard footsteps behind me, this made me flinch and throw my hands up defensively.
"Square up bitch. I'm ready to throw hands!" I yelled, shaking with fear.
"I'm sorry dear, I didn't mean to startle you, I'm your neighbor, my name is Violet, I assume you're Edith's granddaughter." I elderly woman emerged from the darkness, "I heard a loud bang and came to see if you were okay. And for the record, if I was to 'square up' I could probably kick your ass."
"Ah, Yes. My name is Y/N. But I think there is someone in my house, like a child, I heard laughing people running." I replied, still shaking.
"Ah, so you've already encountered them? They are the 'Stray Kids'. (A/N: I couldn't think of a name for the ghost children. Sorry not sorry) They are the souls of the children that died in the Victorian era." She seemed shocked I didn't know this, the thought about it for a moment, "Of course you didn't know that, you were never allowed to visit here. If you're scared you can stay in my guest room for the night. Might I suggest renting a room or two? So you're not alone."
"You know Violet, you're too kind. If it's not too much hassle, I'll happily stay in your guest room. And I'll post an ad to find roommates while I'm at it." I was so happy that I would have to stay in that house alone,

//
Roommate(s) Wanted:
I recently moved into a large house on my own, I'm hoping to fill it with occupants. Please email me or text me at (Your email) or (Your number.)
Warning:
My house is haunted, but they probably won't hurt you. Don't hold it against me if anything happens.

//

Can't believe how easy that was, I thought to myself as I put my phone on the bedside table and prepared myself to go to sleep. I owe Violet big time.

I awoke the next morning to see a number of texts responding to my ad:

Hello, my name is Felix. I'm here to enquire about being a roommate. If possible my boyfriend would also like to live with you. His name is ChangBin

Hi, I'm SeungMin. Replying to the roommate ad.

I'm replying to the roommate ad, the names HyunJin.

Reply all:
Hello, thank you for replying to my ad. If you would like, you can come visit the house, to see if you'd like to stay here. The address is (insert an old, fancy sounding house name).

Felix:We can stop by this afternoon, at about 3, if that's okay.

SeungMin: I can also do that time.

HyunJin: Me three.

Me: Sounds good, see you all then.

I opened my emails to see a reply from a well spoken individual.

Dear Y/N,
I am writing in response to your advertisement that you are looking for roommates. Myself and a few friends were hoping we could occupy those spaces, if they are still available.
Sincerely, WooJin.

Dear WooJin,
I have 4 other people coming to look at the house at 3pm, today, if you and your friends can make it, you're more than welcome to do so. The more the merrier am I right?
Thankfully, Y/N.

I heard a knock at my door, followed by Violet's timid voice, "Y/N sweetie, are you awake? I've made breakfast."
"Violet, you're too kind to me. I'm practically a stranger to you. I'll be down in a moment." I called back as I grabbed a pair of black jeans and an oversized jumper. After doing that I started making my way to the kitchen. About halfway down the stairs I was hit by the smell of (insert your favourite breakfast.)
"Violet, this is my absolute favourite thing to have for breakfast." I called from the stairs, with a huge smile plastered on my face.
"Your grandmother left a list of things you like and dislike, in case we ended up in our current situation. She's thought of everything, don't worry." She replied, putting a plate on the table in front of me and the other where she was going to sit.
"I do miss her a lot. I only really saw her when she came to visit for my birthdays." I stabbed at the food on my plate and weakly chuckled.
"Speaking of your birthday, you were born on February 8th 2000 correct?"
"Yeah," I replied with a smile, "I almost forgot to tell you, I had some replies to my ad, about renting rooms, they're coming at about 3."
"Then you might want to head home, to freshen up and pull straight. It's 10:30 and cleaning a house of that size won't be an easy task."
"Thank you for your hospitality, and the breakfast, I'll be sure to introduce you to the roommate(s) once they have been chosen." I rambled and bid my farewell as I left her house and ran up the stairs to my own.

Once inside, I ran straight upstairs to investigate what had happened yesterday. To no ones surprise, it was an old looking picture that seemed to have been launched across the upstairs hallway. "This place is gonna take forever to clean." I bitched as I pulled out my phone, so the sound of music could drown out the overwhelming silence.

It took me at least 3 hours to clean the top two floors of the three-story building. Ensuring I had stocked all the bathrooms with towels and toilet paper, as well as putting fresh sheets on all of the beds. One thing that did spark curiosity within me, was that the ninth door, on all three floors was locked.

"Just got to clean this level, then shower. I should have plenty of down time, they're going to be here in an hour and fifteen minutes?!" I shouted the last part because I was shocked by how long organizing the bathrooms and bedrooms had taken me.  "Best get my shit together and crack on." I chanted, trying to psych myself up so it would take me less time.

After about 25 minutes I had cleaned the ground floor. "Wow, there's a basement? Fuck off am I going down their on my own." I chuckled, before running to the closest bathroom so I could shower. Once I was out I wrapped a towel around my body and walked to my bedroom that was opposite it.

//time skips to 3:06 pm//

I heard a loud rasping at the front door, so I skipped from the lounge to the door, to see 9 beautiful males in front of me.
"Hello Y/N, we're here to look around the house." A short raven haired boy announced.
"Ah yes, hello, please come in." I replied, trying to sound as polite as I could as I stepped out of the way.