Chapter 17

He knocked on the door and ran away. I could hear slow shuffling inside and suddenly felt awkward. The door opened slowly to see a puffy eyed Chan. He looked so broken. Why do I feel like I should hug him and never let go?

Without further thought I pulled him into a hug as we backed slowly into his room, shutting the door behind me.

"I'm sorry. You were right." He mumbled.

That was enough to break my heart. I felt tears begin to cascade down my cheeks as I hide my face in his chest more.

"You shouldn't be apologizing. I was dumb enough to leave you with her. I should have stayed and made her leave. I said I didn't want you getting hurt, but here we are. You crying in my arms again."

"Can we just lay down for a while?"

"Of course we can."

"Thank you baby..."

"I can safely say I've missed you calling me that."

We laid like that for a couple of hours, until I realised I still had to cook dinner.

"Channie, do you wanna help me cook dinner?"

He nodded quietly and we left his room, our fingers intwined as we walked down the stairs.

"So you guys are okay now?" WooJin asked as we walked into the kitchen. We simply nodded and he smiled in response.

"We've come to do dinner," I announced as I walked to the fridge. "I don't even know what anyone wants."

"Just cook pasta. I don't think they'll mind." WooJin admitted as he grabbed a large pot from the cupboard.

"Guys. I'm doing pasta for dinner. Is that okay?" I shouted up the stairs.

After receiving yes from pretty much everyone I went to fill the pot with water so I could leave it to boil.

"Channie..."

"Yes baby?"

"I'm sorry for being off with you when a Jessica left the other night."

"It's fine. You had every right to be mad."

"Can this water boil faster, I'm bored."

"What would you like to do to kill time?"

"Dance."

He chuckled and stared at me, as if in a state of disbelief. But soon pulled his phone out and started playing music. I ran to the bottom of the stairs and yelled.

"Kitchen dance party!"

I could hear hurried foot steps approaching the top of the stairs and I was soon being dragged into the kitchen by SeungMin who started slow dancing with me. It was nice to have the gang back together. I felt at ease. After about 5 minutes I was being spun from person to person, until I had reached Chan who pulled me into a hug and whispered to me in a husky voice.

"Pasta water is boiling."

I walk to the cupboard next to the door and grab the pasta.

Everyone was getting ready to watch the film Jeongin had requested. Some were upstairs getting quilts, pillows and blankets. While others were moving furniture so we could make a fort to watch the movie in.

"It's a good job I phoned earlier to see if anyone wanted or needed anything. Otherwise you'd all be having a terrible movie experience." I announced after I'd emitted the bags into bowls.

"Thank you Y/N." They yelled collectively as ChangLix came and stole the bowls from me and hurried off to their seats.

I slid it my seat and rested my head on Chan's shoulder. "What are we watching?"

"The basement."

"If I get scared I will hit someone. I'm not playing, so get ready to throw hands hoe."

//
We were about halfway through the film when I got scared by my phone vibrating in my pocket. I muttered crap under my breath and went to read the message.

Renjun: I hope everything worked out with you and Chan.
Y/N: Him and Jessica are over. So I have my best bud back.
Renjun: Yeah, 'best bud' 😉.
Y/N: I'm serious dude. I don't want to rush things this time.
Renjun: Okay. But me and Mark would love to have a double date in the future ♥️.
Y/N: Sounds good. Tell Jaemin and Chenle it was nice meeting them, but I gotta go. We're having a movie night ♥️.

//
I could feel someone looking at me, and of course it was Chan.

"Who you talking to?"

"Just Renjun checking in, making sure you were okay."

"Me?"

"Yeah, last time I saw them HyunJin was dragging me out, saying there was a house issue. And he probably put two and two together, cause it was obviously about you. He also suggested a double date, you'd absolutely love his boyfriend, you guys have so much in common."

"To go on a double date, we'd need to be a couple."

"I know that," I moved closer and kissed him on the cheek. "But shut up and watch the movie. We can talk about this tomorrow."