Chapter 18

I woke up with a satisfied feeling and quickly put on a vest top and some sweatpants.

"What's that on your shoulder." A voice behind me asked.

"I fell?"

"You're lucky im the one who saw you. How are you gonna explain it to the other?"

I turned around to see Minho inspecting the scratches that had been left by Moloch. He's right, what am i supposed to tell the others?

"When the time comes I'll just tell them the truth, but everyone in too happy at the moment for me to ruin it."

"I see your point, but you should probably put on a hoodie before someone else sees. Also meet me in the kitchen in an hour so we can add the colour to your hair."

With that he walked passed me and down the stairs. Bless him, sometimes he cares about people too much.

I did as instructed and went to put an older hoodie on, that was already covered in an assortment of different coloured patches from the times I'd dyed my hair crazy colours as a rebellious seventeen year old. Just before heading down I grabbed the towel that had been used to cover my head while the bleach had soaked in.

"Good morning ladies," Iyell as i walk down the stairs. There were a few grunts in response, as it was clearly too early for some of them. "Wheres Chan?"

"Still asleep, he only went to bed about an hour ago," Seungmin replied as he flicked through the channels on the T.V. "You can go wake him up at about three."

"Okay, thanks. Jave fun watching tv. Imma go find Minho again."

"Try the kitchen, he was heading that way while muttering about someone."

"Thank you Minnie, you're a life saver."

I walk into the kitchen to see Minho mixing the bottles of hair dye quietly as he read the instructions.

"Want some help with that?"

"If you dont mind. I'm gonna mix the root colour and then while im applying it to your hair, ill get you to be mixing the second colour. Or we can get someone to help."

"We should be able to manage. We are fully capable adults after all."

He hummed in response and I went to wet my hair in the sink. After that I rubbed my hair with the towel so it wasn't soaking wet when he added the colour.

"You ready to once again be a new person?"

"Part of me is really hyped to do this, and the other half of me is worried ill look dumb?"

"You'll look great, trust me. Shall we begin?"

I nodded in response and sat on the stool in front of me.

When I felt the first blob of dye touch my scalp it sent a shuddered down my spine, due to the sudden coldness. But slowly I got used to it and the feeling of it being massaged into my scalp was calming.

"I'm thinking of going out after this and getting my septum pierced."

"WooJin would kill me if I let you."

"No one needs to know that you know. I know for a fact you are great at acting, therefore you can convince everyone that youre just as shocked as them. Although I know for a fact that getting it done makes your eyes water and I don't wanna go out and get it done if it'll look like I've been crying."

"If you want i can give you a lift into town once weve done your hair. I need to go buy some new hoodies, all mine have gone missing."

"I'm pretty sure I saw Jisung wearing one the other day. And then another one the next day."

"So he's the jumper theif?"

"I mean I also have one. But I've stolen a hoodie from each of you. You can have it back if you need it."

"No, you can keep it, but I do need you to start shaking the next bottle of dye for me."

"Roget that."

After about an hour I was heading upstairs to rinse my hair, when I bumped into a running Felix.

"Why are you running?"

"I accidentally woke Chan up and now I'm pretty sure Woojin is gonna kill me. If you get asked you didn't see me okay?"

"Deal. You can go hide in my room if you want. No one dares to go in there when I'm not in it."

"Thanks, I owe you big time dude."

I chuckled to myself as I saw him dart away at lightning speed. After that interaction I was hoping to be undisturbed so I could wash my hair and leave with Minho as soon as possible. But of course I was stopped by yet another person. This time a tired looking Chan approached me.

"Good morning baby girl. Are you busy?"

"No, just heading to the bathroom so I can wash my hair. Minho dyed it again. It's turquoise now. You can help me wash it over the edge of the tub if you want."

"Sure, go get the water heated up while I grab a towel, the shampoo and conditioner."

I nodded and kissed him on the cheek as I walked past, into the bathroom.

Why does the water always take so long to heat up? It should take seconds not minutes. This house is so old im surprised anything actually works. I mentally ranted to myself as I held my hand under the shower head, feeling the water slowly go from freezing to moderately warm.

"I'm back, and I have towels."

"Thanks.You're the best."

I removed the towel that was wrapped around my head and threw my head forward, over the side of the tub. while bringing the shower to the bottom of my scalp, so the water could flush through my roots. After about 10 minutes Chan began massaging the conditioner into my scalp, as I watched the faded blue water whirlpool down the drain.

Once we were finished Chan began to speak. "got any plans for today?"

"Once I'm dressed I'm going to town with Minho, but nothing after that."

"Did you want to watch a movie or something with me?"

"That'd be nice. But I'm gonna go get ready. I'll see you later. Love you."

As I turned to leave he pulled me into a hug and quickly kissed my forehead, before letting go and walking to his room.