Chapter 21

"Earlier, Nana came with me. Basically I was dragging him round, holding his hand to do so and Jessica, who you just had the pleasure of meeting, sent a picture to Chan and now he thinks that I'm playing with his feelings because first he thought I was trying to get with Renjun. And now he thinks I'm trying to get with Jaemin. He wouldn't even let me explain the context of the picture. I didn't mean to hurt him, I'm so stupid." I rambled as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"And you asked us to come here and explain to him?" Jaemin asked as he handed me a tissue.

I nodded and took the tissue.

"If you guys don't mind."

"Well since Jessica is here I think we're gonna need a plan," Mark spoke as he looked at us. "I'll flirt with her and keep her out the way while you guys explain."

"No, you don't have to. I'll ask her to help me pack my stuff into boxes." I reply, going to get the folded boxes for, the far corner of the living room.

"You're seriously going to move out?" Jeongin screeched.

"No, I'm moving to the third floor, so I'm further away from Chan." I reply as I head upstairs.

I place the dozens of flat boxes on my floor and walk over to Chan's room. I slowly reach my hand up to knock, feeling butterflies in my stomach and sweat on my palms.

'Knock knock.'

I heard shuffling inside and Chan shout something. He opened the door, pulling his shirt back over his head, one arm in the sleeve and the other arm dangling by his side.

"Oh, it's you. I thought it was one of the guys."

"I actually came to see if Jessica wanted to help me pack my stuff up. I'm moving."

His face dropped and I could hear Jessica scurry across the floor, like the rat she is.

"You're leaving?" She asks, pretending to be sad.

"Yes, my parents want me to move back in with them and begin studying again. So I figured, I'd try and end things on good terms with you."

"No need. Jessica, I think you should leave, I'll meet up with you tomorrow, it's only fair that me and the guys help her." Chan interjected before taking Jessica by the hand and walking her downstairs.

I ran to the living room and waited just inside the doorway, ready for when Chan was finished. After a few minutes he was walking past, so I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the living room.

"We need to talk."

"Why so you can introduce me to your boyfriend? No thanks I'm good." He snapped.

"Will you just listen to me for once in your life? Renjun wasn't a love interest for me, this is his boyfriend Mark. Jaemin isn't and wasn't a love interest for me, this is his boyfriend Chenle. Jaemin was holding my hand to comfort me because in case you haven't noticed, I got my septum pierced. And that hurts a lot. Jessica has been threatening me since the moment she set foot in MY house, telling me I should move out or she'll ruin my friendship with you. Which clearly she has managed to do, because I've had to drag these four here to get you to see that you were the only one I loved. I'm now unsure of how I feel." I screamed at him, as I felt Felix side hug me.

"I didn't mean to interfere with your relationship, I was holding her hand merely as a friend." Jaemin began apologizing, feeling like it was his fault.

"She is really testing me. I was ready to throw hands. Twice, lucky for you two I was stopped my Mark and then by Binnie. So I guess you have them to thank. But enjoy time with her. I'm going for a walk."

"It's too dark to go alone." Chan grabbed my wrist trying to stop me.

"I can take care of myself thank you very much." I hissed in response as I yanked my arm away from him.

"We'll go with you." Chenle squeaked as they stood up.

//
We'd been walking for about 30 minutes and we ended up where Johnny worked, so we walked in and took a seat.

"Thank you guys, for trying to help. And thanks Mark, for not letting me rip her face off, I don't think that would have ended too well." I sighed as I sat down between Mark and Chenle.

"It's no problem, honestly. If you ever need anything, let us know. We're always happy to help." Mark smiled in response.

We then sat in silence for a while, deciding what we wanted to order.

"I'll be back, just going to the bathroom." I announced as I stood up and walked to the other end of the room.

My thoughts became clouded again, by that same voice.

'No one believes you, and why would they?
You don't even believe yourself.
You're nothing.'

It kept hissing at me. I looked in the mirror, like I did the last time I was here, and my face began to twist and contort more violently this time. I could feel hot tears prickle my cheeks, unable to move or look away from the disturbing image in front of me. I tried everything, closing my eyes was virtually impossible. And I soon found myself hugging my legs to my chest, sobbing and breathing heavily. The last thing I remember before blacking out was the door bursting open. And my name being yelled. After that it was nothing but the coldness of the ground.