Chapter 14

I heard a few people laugh as I entered the room, walking to sit beside Renjun, who was texting someone named Mark.

"Is that your boyfriend?" I asked, nudging him with my elbow playfully, causing him to blush a bit and nod in response. "What does he look like? Is he cute?"

"He's the cutest, I'll find a picture."

"You guys are literally the cutest

"You guys are literally the cutest. Who took the picture?"

"Thank you and I think it was our group leader."

"I kinda wanna meet him. From what you've said he's great."

"I think he'd like that."

"How about we play a game?" Changbin suggested with a smirk.

"How about we don't? Cause I think I like my idea more." I replied.

"Y/N, does he know?" SeungMin asked, looking towards Chan.

"Nope, hasn't come up yet."

"What are you talking about?" He asked, clearly curious.

I untied the drawstrings of the hoodie and pulled off the hood, revealing my new temporary hair colour. His eyes grew wide, as if he was trying to work out if it suited me or not.

"When did this happen?" He looked even more curious now.

"When you were most definitely eating Jessica's face in your room. Which sounds disgusting when you're in the bathroom next door right Junnie?" I chuckled, and Renjun awkwardly nodded.

"I'll have you know she kissed me and when I tried to push her away she just moved closer." He defended himself.

"Oh how the tables have turned." I blurted out before running upstairs. If I go to my room they'll come look for me, but I know there's a secret cupboard in the empty room next to Changbin's. I could hide there.

Felix: Where'd you run off to? Do you wanna talk about what Chan said?
Y/N: I'm fine, just doing something, I'll be back soon.

I went into my room to grab my headphones, the headed to my hidden room.

Once I was inside the room I plugged my headphones in and clicked shuffle on my music.

"Lovely ~ Billie Eilish & Khalid"

I closed my eyes so I could feel the music, feel the words.

I must've fallen asleep because the next thing I knew I was being called by a panicked Felix.

"Where are you? It's been an hour and you haven't replied to anyone's messages. We even looked in your room and literally everywhere else."

"I'll be down in a second."

I tried opening the door, but it was locked. How? It's just a little door that doesn't have a lock.

"Yeah I'm gonna need some help."

"Where are you? I'll come help you."

"You know the empty room nope that to Binnie's? There's a little secret cupboard where I sometimes go sit if I need alone time. Well the door is either locked or stuck."

"Im on my way."

With that the line went dead. I was alone, in the darkness. Until I heard whispering coming from behind me.

Look behind you. Im lurking in the darkness.

That was enough for me to start hysterically crying and clawing at the door. Soon enough I heard movement on the other side of the door.

"Felix? Please hurry, I'm scared." I try and beg as the words catch in my dry throat.

I could hear him muttering something to himself in frustration as he tried to pull the door open

After what felt like an eternity I was blinded by the light from the room and could only just make out the face of my rescuer. I pushed myself up and cling onto Felix, sobbing as I do so.

"Hey. What's wrong? What happened in there?" I could hear the worry in his voice and he pushed me away to see my face better.

"We aren't alone. Something was in there with me." I whispered and his eyes widened.

"You're kidding, right?"

"Can we just leave and go back downstairs."

He nodded and held my hand as we left.

"Y/N, what happened?" A worried Renjun appears in front of me.

"I was stuck in my closet, I have really bad claustrophobia." I lied, not wanting him or anyone to worry anymore than they already had. With that he pulled me into a tight hug, rubbing circles onto my back in an attempt to comfort me.

"Why don't we go for a walk? Just the two of us." Minho suggested and went to grab my coat and some trainers from my room.

We'd been walking for about ten minutes and when he was sure no one was behind us he blurted out his question.

"I know you weren't stuck in your closet, I heard what you said to Felix on the phone. So please, what really happened?"

"You know the empty room next to Changbin's? Well there's this little cupboard in there that I sometimes go sit in when I want to be alone. And when I went in earlier I ended up falling asleep and woke up to Felix calling me. I tried to push the door open but it was locked. Which is wired because it doesn't even shut properly. And when Felix came to help me I heard whispering behind me. It was trying to get me to look at it."

"That sounds horrible. I'm so sorry that happened."

"It's okay. I wouldn't have been in that situation if I hadn't snapped at Chan and ran off. I feel like I should apologise to him."

"As much as I think he deserved it, for the sake of everyone we live with I think it's best if you guys get along."

So that's exactly what I did. I dialled his number and waited for him to pick up.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm okay. How are you?"

"I'm fine, but why'd you call me? You saw me like ten minutes ago."

"I just wanted to apologise for snapping at you. And not giving Jessica a chance. If you feel that strongly towards her I guess I could be nicer. For your sake."

"Thank you. Be safe on your walk. We can talk in the morning as I'm now going to bed."

"Bye Chan."

"Bye Y/N."