Chapter 16

I walked into my room and sat on my bed as I quickly dialled his number.

One ring.
Two rings.
Three.
Four.
Voicemail.

"Fuck." I muttered in frustration."I guess I'll have to wait till he's back. Binnie, can you tell him I want to talk to him, if you see him before I do please."

The latter looked at me and nodded before returning to his room.
What if I tell him what I saw and he thinks I'm just jealous?
Is he even going to believe me?

My train of thought that had lasted longer than I expected, was broken by the front door shutting. I ran downstairs to see Chan and Jessica.

"Hey Channie, can I talk to you quickly? Privately." Before he could reply I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the kitchen.

"What's up?"

"After getting coffee this morning I went to the store to buy dinner and I saw Jessica kissing so dude I've never seen before."

"You're just saying this because you want me to hurt, while you're off sipping coffee with lover boy."

"I'm not. I saw what I saw, I'm just trying to protect you."

"Maybe you should go protect Renjun." He spat in response, getting ready to leave me.

"Can you just listen to me? I'm not dating Renjun. That coffee date was so I could meet his boyfriend, who by the way is a really nice person. Please just trust me on this, I don't want to see you hurting again. I'm sorry for what I did before, I was scared of getting hurt. But now I'm scared of you getting hurt." By now I was shouting and tears began rolling down my cheeks through sheer frustration. "This is pointless. Have fun with her I'm going out."

I pushed passed him and into the hallway, in which I found Jessica glaring at me.

"I told you to stay away from him."

"That's basically impossible, I live here."

"Then move out."

"You're cray. This is my fucking house. You can't tell me what to do. Oh and I saw you eating so dudes face earlier."

"Don't tell him."

"Too late."

I went to leave when suddenly she yells out in pain and started crying.

"Channie, she hit me."

"Y/N, did you really?"

"No. I literally grabbed the door handle to leave when she told me to move out so I'm away from you. Your psycho told me to move out of my own damn house because she's threatened by my presence and thinks I'm going to steal you from her. Well guess what, I'm leaving. Don't wait up for me."

I opened the door and slammed it behind me, not looking back at those trying to get my attention or calm me down.

Where the heck am I even going?

Y/N: Hey Junnie, any chance you're free?
Renjun: Just got out of practice. Me and Mark are with a couple friends, but we can meet at the coffee shop we went to earlier.
Y/N: Okay, see you in 20.

I walked down the driveway as I slid my phone into the pocket of my skirt.

"Love is a lie," I mutter as a walk into the cafe, the ding from the bell awakening me from my day dream. "Hey Mark, Renjun and friends."

I looked towards the group to see them all smiling at me.

"I'm gonna take a wild guess and say these two are from the little sub group you told me about?" I asked and MarkRen nodded.

"I'm Jaemin, and this is Chenle." A charming pink haired male smiled and shook my hand. The other pulled me into a tight hug.

"So what happened? We parted ways like 3 hours ago." Renjun pulled out the seat next to him.

"I went grocery shopping when I left cause I needed to buy dinner food. When I saw Jessica eating some dudes face. So once I was home I went to speak to Chan, but it turned out that he was meeting her. They came back and I spoke to him about it. He flipped and said it's cause I don't want him to be happy, this resulted in me yelling at him. So I went to leave and the bitch acted like I hit her. So I told them I'd be back eventually."

"You weren't kidding when you said she was a bitch." Mark chuckled in disbelief.

"He kept referring to Renjun as my "lover boy". And I flipped my shit and screamed at him that we got coffee so I could meet you. He didn't say anything. But I'm going to crash at a hotel tonight."

"No you're not." A voice behind us announced.

"I'm impressed that you found me before WooJin honestly." I chuckled as I turned around to see HyunJin.

"Hey! I'm just as good as he is. Wassup Renjun."

"Hey HyunJin. This is Mark, Jaemin and Chenle."

"I'm sorry to ruin this beautiful moment but I'm here to take her home, we have some home issues to discuss." And with that he grabbed my hand and we walked home.

"Told you I could find her." He boasted as we entered the living room.

"How did you even know where I was?"

"I figured you'd probably meet Renjun again and I walked past the cafe this morning and saw you there."

"So you got lucky?" SeungMin teased him.

"Pretty much." He sighed, feeling slightly less impressed with his work.

"I was told there was some home issues to deal with?" I looked around the room curiously.

"Chan wants to speak to you. He's in his room." Jisung replied.

"What if I say no?" I cross my arms and sit on the couch.

"Then Binnie will just carry you up there." He chuckled.

"Fight me, squirrel boy."

"Take that back." Minho spat as he picked me up and carried me upstairs.

He knocked on the door and ran away. I could hear slow shuffling inside and suddenly felt awkward. The door opened slowly to see a puffy eyed Chan. He looked so broken. Why do I feel like I should hug him and never let go?