Chapter 6

"I suggest you run like your boyfriend did. Imma slap you into next year boy. I told you guys to stay out, not because I'm a buzzkill, I did it because I don't want you guys getting hurt. If you got stuck in there or something god knows what would've happened. How would I explain to the others?" I began lecturing not just him, but the 6 others in front of me. "Please, next time you think of doing something reckless, remember what I've just said. I have known you Gus long, but you're like a second family to me. I love you guys."
"We love you too."

"Why don't we go to the local church and speak to someone about this?" Chan stood up and held his hand out towards me. I gladly took it and we made our way to the front door. "Maybe they can help us get rid of whatever it is that's here."

I nodded and walked to the driver side of my car, "Wonder if they can do anything honestly. Literally just some holy water would be good."
"Why?"
"To throw at you."
"That's not very nice."
"But it's the truth."
"You're mean."
"And you a hoe."
"I'm only a hoe for you baby." He winked at me.
"Yeah on second thought I think it's safer if I go to church on my own."
"Safer if you go alone. How?"
"Your sinful ass will make the place unholy AF."
"I'm not that bad." He pouted.
"When you're all pouty and cute you aren't too bad. When you're tired I just wanna hug you. But if I was to ever do so, you'd start being a creep."
"Me, a creep? Never."
I chuckled and didn't respond. Only focusing on the road in front of me.

At some point in the journey Chan had fallen asleep. I spent a good 10 minutes contemplating wether or not I should wake him up, but decided in the end I probably should.
"Channie, time to wake up."
Nothing.
"Channie..."
Still nothing.
"Baby, time to get up, we're at the church."
Fuck it, I'll just go and speak to whomever I need to by myself. I don't need him, I'm independent.

"Hello?"
"Hello dear, my name is Father Yesung. How may I help?"
"I think. No I know my house is haunted. I was wondering if you could help, also if you could give me some holy water."
"Your house is haunted? By what exactly?"
"Everyone says they're the ghosts of children, but one of my friends was picked up and thrown at a book case. So I'm starting to think it may not be children."
"Have you seen the entities yourself?"
"Yes, they're wearing Victorian Era clothing."
"You said they threw someone? How old is this person?"
"He's 18."
"I see. I think you are right about them not being children. I believe they are malevolent beings, with the clear intentions of harming yourself and your friends. When was the last time someone besides yourself lived there?"
"My Grandmother lived there until she passed away a few months ago. She mentioned the spirts to her neighbour several times apparently. But I never heard of her being hurt by the spirits."
"Maybe they didn't hurt her because she was the one who brought them into the house."
"I never thought of it like that. Thank you for your help."
"You're welcome, now why don't we get you that holy water you requested."

After being handed a vile of blessed aqua, I left and got back in my car. To no ones surprise a Chan was still asleep. So I turned on the radio and drove home.

"Chan, we're home."
Nothing.
"Chan. Jeongin fell and hurt himself."
"No, not my baby!" He screeched and got out the car at lightning speed.

"Y/N, why would you lie to me? I thought he was hurt."
"And I thought you were gonna come with me into the church but I guess we both got played," I shrugged and walked into the kitchen to get a drink. "Who wants to help me with something?"
A few said yes and the rest were skeptical.
"I need to search the basement, attic and look for any other crawl spaces or passageways. Let me explain why. The Priest thinks my Grandmother is the one who brought the spirits into the house. You guys will have to help me find anything that can prove or disprove this, if you agree to help."
"What do you want us to look for?" Felix asked.
"We're ideally looking for anything from a diary, to a full on Ouija board. She was a pretty wild person. I'll need five of you searching everywhere for passage ways and crawl spaces. And the remaining four will help me search the attic and basement. Also I got some holy water, if you ever feel like you need it."

After much deliberation, they all agreed. So we split into teams.
Me, Jeongin, Chan, Woojin and Minho.
Changbin, Felix, Jisung, Seungmin and Hyunjin.
"Yell if you find anything. Please don't get hurt."

My teams decided to search the basement first. It was creepier and dustier than I expected. We moved boxes, furniture and everything and couldn't see anything obvious. So our next step was to look in all the boxes.
"Is this you?" WooJin held up a picture of a baby to show me.
"I think that's my sister. I was a really fat baby."
A few chuckles escaped but then we were back to silence and hard work.

We came up empty handed in the basement, so we decided to search the attic before I chickened out.

It was cold and smelt musty. I instantly regretted going up there when I saw a dead animal in the corner. I immediately covered my eyes from the hideous sight, but every time I closed my eyes I could see it. I spun around, so my back faced it and went to speak, until I was interrupted by a loud CRASH and a few screams.

"Changbin, are you okay? Speak to me." Someone yelled and the five of us ran in the direction of the cried.