Chapter 23

Once I'd reached home I put the ice cream in the freezer and the popcorn in the pantry so I could begin getting ready.

I went to shower and found most of the guys in Changbin's room, dancing to music while getting ready, you know that cliche thing girls do in movies. I was unsure of what to do so I knocked on the door, which was clearly a bad idea because they all froze and turned red.

"When did you get back?" (Jeongin)
"Take a picture. It'll last longer." (Minho)
"I'm not staring directly at you, I was more amused by the situation." (Y/N)
"You mean amazed by my great dancing skills." (HyunJin)
"Don't say anything, it'll make his head bigger." (Felix)
"Be quiet Lix, you're just mad cause I'm a better dancer." (HyunJin)
"Am not." (Felix)
"I'm not gonna sit here and let you two argue. Was there something you needed Y/N?" (WooJin)
"Just came to see if my assistants would like to help me get ready once they're done." (Y/N)
"I think I should help Felix pick a better outfit this time." (Changbin)

After much deliberation, the original 4 agreed to help me, along with Changbin and Minho told me to shower while I waited, because he had something new in mind for my hair. So I did as instructed and made my way to the bathroom, which was at the other end of the hallway. I figured I'd take my time showering so I brought my phone in so I could listen to music.

I made a playlist and pressed play. After that I went and got towels and the things I needed to wash myself.

I hope this dinner goes well, I've been planning it since the situation with Moloch. We desperately need something that will help us become closer as a 'family.' More importantly I need this.

I stood under the water for about 20 minutes just staring at the wall across from me when I heard something tapping the mirror.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

I pulled the shower curtain slightly and saw nothing, so I went back to showering, this time washing my hair.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

This time faster and harder. But I ignored it and finished washing my hair.

Tap. Tap.

The third time was while I was wrapping my hair and myself in towels. But I only heard two taps, so I waited to see if there would be a third. Instead the shampoo bottle was launched across the room, ultimately shattering the mirror.

At lightening speed I ran out of the bathroom and into my bed room so I could put on my bathrobe, to make it easier for me to investigate the bathroom. Too scared to go alone I walked back to Changbin's room.

"I need to ask y'all a favour." I said as I walked in. Only to find it empty.

Maybe they're in the lounge.

I ran down the stairs to look for them, but I could only find one person... Chan. So I approached him and tapped him on the shoulder. He seemed incredibly surprised to see me.

"I thought you were still shopping."

"I got back about 45 minutes ago, I was just showering."

"I'm sorry. For the other day, I should've believed you. When your friends brought you back the other night one of them had a chat with me, Chenle I believe. He explained everything and told me to stop giving you a hard time."

"Bless him, but he's right you know. I could never replace you so easily, it's a shame I can't say the same about you. Have you seen the others?"

"They said something about going out to buy you a dress for tonight. Wanted to make this evening special for you, considering everything that you've gone through."

"That's sweet and all, but you guys have gone through just as much."

"Not nearly as much as you."

"Also I'm pretty sure you're dating a demon. Might wanna get that checked out."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Did I stutter?"

"Why do you think that?"

"Well for starters. Not to toot my own horn, but I know a little about demons and I know a lot about demonic possession because I have note books full of everything to do with it. I don't think it's a coincidence that she magically appeared when I started having hallucinations, the same day that I accidentally summoned and unleashed six demons. I also think it's weird how she wants me on my own, not you. I think that's because I'm the one who summoned the demons and when I'm alone I'm vulnerable. They need me alone so I'll let them possess me in order to summon and unleash more demons."

"I think you may have hit your head a little too hard the other day."

"Great. You think I'm crazy."

"Not crazy, I just think you have a minor head injury that is causing you to think irrationally."

"I'm able to think perfectly. Unlike you. You're delusional if you think she actually cares about you."

"What do you mean?"

"It's a little funny how she went for you. There were 7 other people sat at the table. I'm not saying you're not attractive or anything, but have you seen Felix?"

"Felix is very attractive."

"And it's not like a stranger is going to know they're dating. Which leads me to Minho, he's also beautiful. If you were with us the day you met her, instead of her. You would've heard what we had to say. That Minho is in love with Jisung, but Jisung is apparently getting cozy with SeungMin. That Felix is apparently getting cozy with HyunJin. And finally I was told that you were getting cozy with a stranger. Imagine the panic that was inside the three of us when the first thing came true."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know."

"Of course you didn't know, you're literally wrapped around her little finger."