Chapter 22

'No one believes you, and why would they?
You don't even believe yourself.
You're nothing.'

It kept hissing at me. I looked in the mirror, like I did the last time I was here, and my face began to twist and contort more violently this time. I could feel hot tears prickle my cheeks, unable to move or look away from the disturbing image in front of me. I tried everything, closing my eyes was virtually impossible. And I soon found myself hugging my legs to my chest, sobbing and breathing heavily. The last thing I remember before blacking out was the door bursting open. And my name being yelled. After that it was nothing but the coldness of the ground.

//
I woke up with the biggest headache I had ever experienced. I went to push myself up, when I felt someone holding my hand, so I looked down and saw a sleeping Chan.
Why is he so precious? Stop thinking like that Y/N, he broke your heart. You reminded yourself, even though it hurt so much to admit it. So I slowly slid my hand free from his, trying my hardest not to awaken him, and headed to my closet to find a quick outfit to change into.

(Credit to owner

(Credit to owner.)

And braided my hair as I walked out my door. I managed to reach about halfway down the hall before anyone noticed me. Luckily it was just Jeongin.

"Oh, you're awake. Where are you going?"
"Just for a walk, don't tell anyone you saw me."
"You're gonna have a bit of trouble, they're all in the kitchen. Go to my room, open my window and climb down to the shed that's conveniently located just below my room. Then you just gotta jump and roll."
"Thanks, wait how long was I out for?"
"Jaemin carried you in about two days ago, and Chan's been by your side since."
"Heck, I can't leave. Go wake Chan up and tell him to come to the living room."

Jeongin nodded and I made my way down the stairs as quietly as I could, in order to surprise everyone.

"Surprise MotherFucker." I yelled as I jumped into the kitchen.

Everyone just looked at me in shock.

"Are you okay?" (Felix)
"What's the last thing you remember?" (Changbin)
"How long have you been awake?" (WooJin)
"Do you want something to eat?" (Minho)
"I take it you didn't wake Chan up?" (SeungMin)
"Are you still mad at him?" (HyunJin)
"He's been really worried about you." (Jisung)

"1) I'm fine. 2) The last thing I remember is being in the ice cream parlor and falling to the floor laughing. 3) I've been awake long enough to get dressed and have a conversation with Jeonginnie. 4) Pancakes please. 5) I didn't want to wake him up, so I didn't. 6) I feel like after finding out he's been by my side I can't be mad at him, but part of me still is because he doesn't believe anything I say. 7) Jeongin has made me very aware of the fact Chan has been worried, but that still doesn't change the fact that he said and did those things, I just need some time." I replied as I sat on chair that was in the corner. "I just want to thank you all for looking out for me. So I'd like to go to a restaurant for dinner. Dress nice, I'll pay. Tell Jeongin and Chan when they come down. I'm gonna drive to the store and get ice cream and popcorn for after."

I quickly grabbed my keys and ran out the house.

Just have to plan the perfect evening, so I can forget everything that has happened recently. I thought to myself as I put the keys in the ignition. Before pulling down the driveway I figured I'd text Jaemin, Chenle, Mark and Renjun to thank them and let the know I'm okay.

Contacts selected: Injunnie, Mork, Nana and Lele.
Y/N: Thank you for the other day, I just wanted to let you know that I'm awake now and I'm doing fine.
Nana: Good to hear.
Lele: We should try and get ice cream again in the future.
Injunnie: That'd be a good idea.
Mork: We're glad you're okay.

I smiled to myself as I put my phone in my car door and drove down the road, making sure I had put the radio on. Just my luck, it's a sad song. I mumbled to myself, even though I knew I was sing along.

"I never said I'd lie and wait forever. If I died, we'd be together. I can't always just forget her, but she could try. At the end of the world or the last thing I see. You are never coming home, never coming home. Could I? Should I?" I screamed at the top of my lungs along the song.

I listened to the songs that played after, as I drove to a store that was further away than our usual one. So I could have more time to be alone and think.

After about an hour I'd arrived, so I got out the car and lazily walked in.
Just get all the different kinds of popcorn and all the generic kinds of ice cream. Chocolate, Strawberry, Mint, Fudge, Coffee. The works. Just do it and be quick before they get suspicious of how long you've been gone. So I grabbed a basket and filled it with everything I needed and soon enough I was loading it into my car to begin my hour long drive home.

This time the radio played slightly less sad songs and I once again screamed along to them. "Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies. Choking on your alibis. But it's just the price I pay. Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes. 'Cause I'm Mr. Brightside."

Once I'd reached home I put the ice cream in the freezer and the popcorn in the pantry so I could begin getting ready.