Preliminaries

A/N: I'll rush scenes that take up a lot of time to write which won't effect the story much, like fights that don't involve my characters.

So, the final placings at the end of the GMG could be completely different to what it is originally. My characters will also not being really up against the other teams beside their main enemy. So, just saying in advance.

(O)-(O)-(O)

The legendary team were currently outside on their balcony looking up at a hologram of a human pumpkin person.

They stayed quiet as the bells sounded once midnight had hit. They then listened as the pumpkin person spoke.

Attention all of you participants that are competing in this years Grand Magic Games!

Good Morning!

To narrow down the one-hundred and thirteen guilds in this years games to a much more manageable ten!

We'll begin the preliminary round!

"I see now, they asked us to report back to our inns so we could participate in this." Dialga muttered.

"It is a reasonable act, whittling it down to a much lower number of participants would make it easier on the hosts." Palkia stated.

"I've been meaning to ask." They turned their heads towards Registeel. "I decided to read the rules while we were waiting for Dialga to get back, it said that we  could have a reserve member."

"A reserve member? A replacement just in case of emergency or something, ha?" Regirock muttered.

"Do we have someone in that position, Dialga?" Regice wondered. They looked at the person in question who nodded.

"I read on that already, he should be arriving some time later, you'll find out who when he arrives." Dialga responded. They just nodded before turning back to the pumpkin.

They were confused though when the person began dancing while speaking, they didn't have time for such irrelevant information as they just wanted to save their friends quickly.

Although the number of guilds increase and multiply  each year, the games are getting boring now, is all I ever hear!

Let's just whittle them down, I say to you! And just give ten a cheer!

The rules for this round are quite simple!

They didn't flinch at all when the building began to shake, they just looked down as it began to rise up towards the sky.

They narrowed their eyes in suspicion, whatever the organisers were up to, they did not know.

You'll all now be participating in a race! The finish line is at the Domus Flau colosseum!

Only the first ten guilds that make it will be able to participate in the Grand Magic Games!

They watched as a wooden pathway started appearing in front of them. It was leading towards something in the sky.