The Lake

Your POV
"(Yn)—" Jane starts. "No, Jane. I snapped at him! I can't go back now. I lost my cool, okay... I've been trying to keep that intact for years. I lost it. I snapped at him. I have to apologize." I whisper. "Don't beat yourself up over this, you're stressed. So you went a little—" "Don't finish that sentence. You know I don't like being associated with my father.... at least not with anyone besides you." I look down. "Hey, why don't we talk to some of my friends for advice, okay?" I nod and she hugs me. She grabs my wrist and starts pulling me to where her friends are. We get closer to the dorm, and I realize. "J-Jane no, no. You didn't tell me we were gonna talk to them. Jane you know I can't!" I whisper yelled as we got closer to the door. She knocks and the door opens revealing. Evie. Oh no no no.

"So this is the wonderful (Yn) we've heard all about. Jane told us you needed some help." Evie said with a smile. How do I get out of this? "Yeah. She sorta snapped at Harry, and she doesn't know what to do about it and she's beating herself up." Jane pushes me and the door shuts. "Jane!" "Just apologize to Harry, it's not that big of a deal." Carlos says as he pets Dude. I stood frozen in the middle of the room. Mal snaps fingers in my face. "Is she okay? Is she really that scared of us?" Jay asks. "Not just you guys, she's pretty much scared of everyone... it's really sad. The only people she isn't scared of is me, and Ben."

"Why is she so scared of everyone?" Mal asked looking at Jane. They all turned their attention to Jane, and I took my chance and sprinted out of there. "(Yn) wait!" I Ignore the voice and keep running. Eventually I run into a chest. "Slow down there Princess, what are ye runnin' from so quickly." Of course, he had to be the one person I ran into. "I-uh-I—" I stammer. "Whoa, whoa, breath. Okay breath. Calm down, what's wrong?" I began breathing really quickly. Please no... not now... please. "Darlin' calm down. What's the matter?"

Evie's POV
I start to go after her but I stop as I see her run into Harry. Her breathing continues to accelerate and I worry she's going to pass out. "Hey, hey, lass, calm down. Why are ye panickin'?" I hear him ask. Wait... what? Harry is concerned about someone other than himself, Uma, and Gil? "I-it's nothing... I-I just... I'm fine, pl-please Harry ca-can I just—" She rambles. He gently grabs her shoulders. Apparently the others had followed me chasing her. "Is Harry... being nice to her?" Jay whispers. I shrug. "(Yn), what's wrong? Why are ye so frazzled?"

She shakes her head. "Come on lass, let's get some privacy." Harry looks in our direction. (Yn) glances back and her eyes widen. She rabidly nods her head and they walk away. Harry looks back at us and smirks, before walking behind her. "I don't like that smirk." Mal mutters. "None of us do."

Harry's POV
"Do you have a specific place you want to go?" I asked. She nods, and grabs my wrist. Silently she pulls me, wait... this was the direction she and her friend went. "Lass? Where are we goin'?" She doesn't respond, she only glances back at me and keeps walking. We get to a beautiful lake. There was a gazebo type of deal, the moon reflecting off the water. The water looking turquoise, blue, and slightly purple in the night sky. I just stared and admired the water. "H-Harry?" Her quiet voice, pulling me from space. I turn to her. "Mm?" "So-Sorry, y-you can keep looking at the water. I-I can ju-just go." "No, no. We came here to help ye, now please tell me what's wrong?"

She looks at me. Her eyes began to water, and the moon made her tears sparkle. "You're gonna laugh if I tell you." She looks at the ground. "I won't laugh, lass." She looks up at me again. "O-Okay... first-first I want to apologize f-for yelling at you earlier I-I'm just.... stressed nervous an-and trying to cope with everything a-and I just snapped, I—" She rambles, I chuckle which causes her to stop. "Lass, it's okay. Yer stressed, but there's more than just that that has ye outta yer wits, isn't there?"

She nods. "I-I felt so bad a-about sn-snapping at you I-I asked Jane for help a-and then she-she offered to take me to her friends for advice but I didn't realize that... that...." Everything seemed to click. She's scared of VKs. "Her friends were the original four.... yer scared of villain kids." I look down, then look back up at her. "I-it's not just VKs though... I-it's— I'm scared of.... basically everyone..." She continues. Wait... everyone? "How come?" She shakes her head. "Not ready to share that will me yet are ye? Speaking of which... why are ye so willin' to tell me all of this... we just met, and fer all ye know, I could just be tryin' to get on yer good side."

She looks over at the water, she turns her head and I still see tears streaming down her face. There's more to this girl than meets the eye. I stand up, and offer her my hand. She hesitantly takes it. We walk over to the edge of the platform. She takes off her shoes, and puts it in the water. "Ye gonna be okay lass?" I ask looking over at her, she looks back. First day and she's already warming up to me. Making her fall in love with me may be easier than I thought.