The Dance pt. 1

Evie's POV
I hear a knock on my door. "Doug, what time is it?" "It's three o'clock." I squeal. "It's (Yn)!" "Come In!" She walks through the door with a sheepish smile. "He-Hey Evie." "Hey (Yn), come on come on." I gesture for her to come over and she does. "S-So the dress is ready?" I nod my head. "You and Harry are going to be the cutest couple there! And I know you said to make the dress red so that Harry would like it better but... you looked amazing in a blue sample I had you try."

She looks at me. "But Harry..." "I know but he loves you, so he'll deal with it." She gives me a small smile, I grab the dress and hand it to her. Her eyes widen. "A-are you sure th-this isn't too much? I said something simple Evie..." "I know you did honey, but believe me you're going to look fantastic." Her lips press into a thin line. "Okay..."

She goes into the changing room. "Oh I almost forgot, I grab a pair of white heels that match her dress and hand them to her through the small crack she left when she opened the door slightly. After a few minutes she comes out. And my jaw dropped.

"Whoa... you look amazing! I knew you would! Look!" I gently grabbed her shoulders and turned her toward a full body mirror her eyes widen when she sees herself. "W-Whoa.... I....." "Say it..." She laughs quietly. "I actually look pretty for once...." "Honey, you always look pretty." (Anyone else ever just get Mom vibes from Evie or just me?). "Thank you Evie." She turns back to me. "Will.... will you be able to do my hair and makeup for the dance?" I grinned.

"Of course! I would love to! Now, go change back, I told Harry to be here in ten minutes and he can't see you in the dress until the dance! Just like you can't see him in the suit." "Evie this isn't a wedding." She laughs. "It is for me, now go change." I say as I gently push her into the changing room. After a few minutes she comes back out in her regular clothes and hands me the dress and shoes. "Thank you again Evie." "No problem! Anytime (Yn)!"

~small Timeskip~

"Do I really have teh wear a suit fer this?" Harry asked walking in. I give him a look. "Yes, you do." He rolls his eyes. "Is eht at least red?" "Hmm, sorry to break it to you sweetheart but despite your girlfriend's request, you have to wear blue because she looks absolutely gorgeous in that color and you HAVE to match." He groans. "Why blue? Blue is an awful color." I glare at him slightly.

"Well, too bad, you're gonna have to wear blue. I'm not making you another suit." He rolls his eyes again, and steps off the little stage to help alter anything. "Wh—" I start But Doug gets me to stop as Harry starts to look at the dresses. He stops on one and I smirk knowing who he stopped on. "You like that one Harry? You wanna try it on?" He gives me a look causing me to laugh. He turns back to the dress, living the others slightly to get a better look at the dress.

His eyes narrow in concentration as he looks at the dress. "Harry why are you so interested in that dress?" I laugh out. "I... I don't know... who's dress is this?" I laugh. "You'll find out at the dance, now get back here so I can make sure I made your suit the right size." He sighs and steps back up. I finish up my measurements. "Okay, it should fit, but I'm gonna have you try it on." He nods, as I hand him his suit. He looks at it in disgust before going to try it on.

After a few minutes he comes out. "You look great Harry! You and (Yn) are gonna look amazing together." (Sorry my phone is a butt and doesn't let me post pictures for some reason 😑). "Great, can I take this off now?" I laugh and tell him he can. He goes and changes then quickly leaves. I turn to Doug with a smile. "I think he knew exactly who's dress that was, he just wanted confirmation so he knew he was picturing the right girl in the dress." "I think he was too."

~Timeskip to the dance! Yay! Fun!~

Harry's POV
I was waiting in front of the entrance of the dance, Evie walked by. "Where is she?" She smirks at me and pushes my head to the side. My eyes widen and my jaw drops. Evie chuckles as she walks away. Nervously (Yn) walks up to me. "H-Harry...?" "I— Ye— wow.... y-ye look amazin'...." "R-really...?" "Y-yeah..." "You look good too Harry."

I only smile, and offer my arm. She takes it with a smile and we walk in. "Whoa... everyone looks so good..." I turn to her. "But no one looks as good as ye." She blushes slightly. "You're just saying that..." "No, I mean eht... ye look..." Say it. "Ye look gorgeous..." She tints darker. "Th-Thank you..." "Anytime Love." No, Harry, no. Yes, Harry, yes.

"Wait wit Evie, I'll go get us some drinks." She nods and walks over to Evie. I walk over to the punch table. "(Yn) looks pretty tonight, doesn't she." Jay days from beside me. "Aye... she does..." he chuckles, and I send him a small glare. "I don't think I've ever seen you act like Harry, and I gotta say. I like it." I stop glaring, and look at him confused.

"Wha'? Wha' do ye mean?" "The way you're treating (Yn), you're more of a gentlemen, but you still got a little Isle in you but I think that's okay. All of us VKs still do. You're good for her Harry, and she's good for you." With that he walks away. If you knew what I did... you wouldn't be saying any of that. I bring the drinks over to (Yn). "Thank you Harry." I smile.

"So, shall we hit the dance floor?" Evie asks the small group. Dance? Uuuhhhhh. "I don't dance." (Hit it out of the park! I don't dance I say you not a chance no, if I can do this well you can do that but— sorry, back to the story!). Jay walks up with Lonnie. "I don't dance either, but Lonnie wants to." Lonnie smiles at Jay. So does that mean I have to? I turn to (Yn).

"(Yn), d-do ye want teh dance wit me...?" She smiles shyly. "I'd love to." We get to the dance floor and it switches to a slow dance. Of course.  Once I recognized the song I smiled, as we danced I sang quietly.

"I met you in the dark, you lit me up
You made me feel as though I was enough
We danced the night away, we drank too much
I held your hair back when
You were throwing up
Then you smiled over your shoulder
For a minute, I was stone-cold sober
I pulled you closer to my chest
And you asked me to stay over
I said, I already told ya
I think that you should get some rest
I knew I loved you then
But you'd never know
'Cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go
I know I needed you
But I never showed
But I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go
I'll wake you up with some breakfast in bed
I'll bring you coffee with a kiss on your head
And I'll take the kids to school
Wave them goodbye
And I'll thank my lucky stars for that night
When you looked over your shoulder
For a minute, I forget that I'm older
I wanna dance with you right now
Oh, and you look as beautiful as ever
And I swear that everyday'll get better
You make me feel this way somehow
I'm so in love with you
And I hope you know
Darling your love is more than worth its weight in gold
We've come so far my dear
Look how we've grown
And I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go
I wanna live with you
Even when we're ghosts
'Cause you were always there for me when I needed you most
I'm gonna love you till
My lungs give out
I promise till death we part like in our vows
So I wrote this song for you, now everybody knows
Finally it's just you and me till we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go
Oh, just say you won't let go." I mean every word.