Secrets She Won't Share

Your POV
"So... wh-why did you want to go on a walk?" I asked as he sat at the edge of the platform. "Fresh air. Why'd ye wanna join me?" "I-I don't know... maybe to try and... not be as scared? I'm tired of always being scared... but.... I have my reasons. We all have reasons for the things we do, and if something isn't our fault it shouldn't be held against us right?" I turned to him. "Yeah... who's blaming ye fer something?" I look at the water as tears fill my eyes. "Me."

Harry's POV
"Me." "What are ye holding against yerself?" I asked her. "... I shouldn't cause it's not something I can control but... that doesn't mean anything... it's the reason I'm afraid... afraid if everyone.... how they would react if they knew.... afraid that I'll hurt the people I'm close to..... afraid that I'll hurt anyone.... I don't want to hurt anyone..... it terrifies me that I won't be able to control it one day and I'll just..... break." She whispered.

"Ye shouldn't blame yerself fer somethin' ye can't control lass." She turns to me, tears streaming down her face. "You don't understand Harry.... you won't be able to... I'm different from everyone! No one will understand, no matter how much they may try." She stands. I stand with her. "Lass—" "No Harry, no one understands.... not even my mom and she's the one who— Jane is my best friend and bless her heart for trying but, I know even she's afraid of me.... Ben is.... my mother is.... if everyone knew.... they all would be." "Lass—" "It's not my fault, I haven't done anything but everyone is scared of me. I—"

I cut her off, grabbing her wrist and pulling her into a hug. She's fragile. That makes this easier. "Do ye trust me enough teh tell me?" She shakes her head. "I trust you enough to hug you." She whispers. That's right, trust me... then regret it. The hug breaks and I notice we're close to the water. I smirk, then push her in. She gasps.

"HARRY!" She yells. I start laughing. I look at her and see her cheeks puffed out in an attempt not to smile. Mid-laugh I'm pulled into the lake. "Yer gonna regret doin' that lass." I mutter. Her eyes widen and she tries swimming away. I dive under the water and swim underneath her. She stops move. I quietly come up behind her. I grab her waist cashing her to scream, then I throw her a foot away from me. She comes up giggling.

That's right, start feeling comfortable with me. That will make this easier. I start laughing with her, until she splashed me. "Ye seem to have a death wish tehday don't ye lass." I splash her harder. Then we have an all out slash war. "What in the world?" We both stop splashing. We turn and see Jay. "H-Hi Jay..."

"Jay, what do ye want?" "Ben was looking for (Yn), I couldn't find her in the dorm so I asked Jane and she said she might be here, but I wasn't not expecting this... are you guys like... on a date or something?" "N-no! Why-why would you think that?" She climbs out of the water. She looks at her clothes. "I'll go back to my dorm and change and then I'll go talk to Ben." She tells Jay. "Thanks for talking with me Harry. I feel much better now." She gives me a small smile. I give her a thumbs up.

She walks away. Jay turns to me. "What?" I ask getting out of the water. I shake off the water from my hair. "Don't hurt her." "Jay, do I look like I'd wanna hurt the lass?" I smirked. I do. "I'm watching you Harry." With that he walks away. Jay doesn't trust me, but what else is new. I pick up my hat and just carried it. I just walked back thinking, nothing in particular, just... thinking. Scary, I know.

Your POV
I change my clothes and head to Ben's office. "How's everything going? The anxiety medication is working right?" I smile and nod. "Why is your hair yet? Along with the rest of you." "I was at the lake, and Harry pushes me in, then I pulled him in and we had a splash war." Ben smiles. "I'm glad you guys are getting along well." "Yeah, but when will more boys dorms be done?" I asked. "Three to four weeks, two months tops." I sigh. "Was there anything else you needed or just to check up on me?" I asked.

"I was just checking up on you, you may go." I nod and leave. I get to my dorm and open the door. Only to slam it shut, back in the hall. Holy heck. "What's the matter princess? Teeh much attractiveness teh handle fer ye?" I hear his muffled voice through the door. Yeah, I walked in on a shirtless Harry. "N-no just let me know when you're done." "Will do lass." After a few minutes the door opens, and I'm still slightly red. "I'm all dressed lass." I turn and see him rubbing a towel against his hair.

"We must've been at that lake longer than I thought, it's nearly curfew." I say walking in the room. He chuckles and the sighs. I feel arms wrap around my waist. I turn bright red again. I feel him place his chin on my shoulder. "I'm tired, lass." I forgot he stayed up all night protecting me. I reach my hand back and scratch his head, he closes his eyes and smirks. How in the world can he go from being a terrifying flirty pirate to an adorable puppy dog? Whatever, he'll only be my problem for two months at most. "If I have teh stay up all night teh protect ye again. I will lass." "N-no Harry, you need sleep, I'll be fine."

I feel him shake his head against my shoulder. "H-Harry.... why are you like this?" I asked quietly. "Like what? Handsome?" He smirks. I roll my eyes. "N-no.... you're like... super touchy and close with me... why?"

Harry's POV
Can't tell you that but I'll lie. "I'm just trying to get you to warm up to me." She laughs bitterly. "You don't have to lie to me Harry." She knew? But... how? "If you don't want to tell me that fine... I understand having secrets." She ruffles my hair. "I'm gonna get some sleep. Goodnight Harry." She gets out of my arms around her waist and lays down in her bed. She knew I was lying. Interesting.