Happy Birthday... Princess

Your POV
Two days and I would turn seventeen (Harry is eighteen btw). I wasn't sure if I was excite, scared or both. Harry has been acting weird for the last four days. I walked over to his desk where he was actually working on homework. "Harry, are you okay? You've been acting strange for the past few days and I was beginning to worry." He chuckles.

"I'm fine lass." He responds. I place my chin on his shoulder. He glances at me. "Lass?" "Harry... are you sure?" He turns toward me, his chair rotating toward me. Then he does what I wasn't expecting. He pulls me and I'm sitting in his lap. I feel the heat of a blush rush to my face. I avoid eye contact, and look to the side. I was not going to look down. Nope. Nope nope.

His hand reaches up and turns my face to him. I still don't look at him. "Princess, look at me." My face turns redder and he only chuckles. I slowly look him in the eyes. Blue eyes are so pretty. Focus! "I guess I'm just a little stressed. That's all. I promise." "Why a-are you stressed." Stupid flirty pirate, stop making me a flustered mess. He gives a soft smile. That's.... different.... when did he become such a smol bean? He leans up pressing our foreheads together, then relaxes. As I reflex I fall with him and my forehead just rests on his as my face continues to get redder.

"I'm stressed because I don't know wha' teh do about yer birthday." My eyes widen, and my face heats up, once again. "Wh-what?" I pull back from him. "Yer birthday eht's in two days and I don't have any idea wha' I'm gonna get ye." I look shyly to the side. "Harry... you don't have to get me anything..." He turns my face to his again. "Yer right, I don't have teh. But I want teh, how does that sound?" I stare at his eyes. Don't do it. Don't even think about it! But I already did? Well stop!

"Princess?" My face flushes for what seems like the millionth time within the last three minutes. "Y-yeah?" He chuckles, and leans up to my ear. Fffrrrriiiiccckkkkk. "Ye wanna get off me lap? Don't get me wrong, I ain't complainin' but I have teh get some work done, or FG is gonna be mad at me." He whispers in my ear with a smirk. I scramble off his lap and rush out the door, hearing his chuckles fade out behind me. Stupid flirty pirate.

~Timeskip~

One day until I turn seventeen. "Hey Princess! Ye wanna hear a song.... I.... uh.... wrote...." I turned toward Harry who was looking embarrassed. "You wrote a song?! Wait! Can you sing?! Why didn't ye tell me?" I pause realizing I did it again. I giggle. He laughs with me. "Ye better stop talkin' like me 'er else people might think we're datin'." I strain a smile. Yeah.... because dating me would be bad for your reputation... wouldn't it? "Yeah..." He looks at me. "Princess?" I hum in response. "Are ye ready?" I force a smile, and nod.

Harry's POV
"A paper crown
And a heart made of glass
A tattered gown
And her kingdom of ash
She walks alone
She can never look back
The story of a queen whose castle has fallen to the sea." She looks down at her hands, as I finished the first verse.

"She'll make it out
But she's never the same
She's lookin' down
At the scars that remain
But you hold your ground
Though your kingdoms in flames
'Cause it's the story of a queen who's castle has fallen to the sea
Knowing there's no one who will be
A king that will come and save his queen." Her face turns slightly pink as I move closer to her.

"When all she needs
And all she wants
When all she finds
When all she is, and ever was
Is compromised
'Cause there's no one to love her when
You built your walls
Too high
And there's no one to love you when you build
Your walls
Too high." She looks up slowly, as I continue.

"She's looking out
From the war that's inside
She's screaming out
'Cause no one survived
But when you're all alone
You wait and you hide
'Cause it's the story of a queen whose castle has fallen to the sea
Knowing, there's no one who will be
A king who will come and save his queen." She looks away again. Why am I doing this?

"When all she needs
When all she wants
And all she finds
When all she is, and ever was
Is compromised
'Cause there's no one to love her when
You built your walls
Too high
And there's no one to love you when you build
Your walls
Too high." I sing, my eyes shut. I can't look at her.

"There is no one
Who is strong enough
To save your love
There's no fairytale
There's no fairytale." Her eyes began to water.

"When all she needs
When all she wants
When all she finds
When all she is, and ever was
Is compromised." Slowly tears start to fall from her eyes.

"'Cause there's no one to love her
You built your walls too high
And there's no one to love you when you trap yourself
Inside." It's silent as the music fades out. "H-Harry.... th-that was.... wow...." She whispered. "No no, don't cry Princess please don't cry." I said worriedly. She laughs. "Harry it's fine, it was really good, you have a nice voice. It's fine, I'm okay." "But yer cryin'..." "Crying isn't always a bad thing Harry, it can be a good thing."

"Eht can?" She smiles. "Yeah. Like, when people cry at weddings, it's usually happy tears, the only one who may not be crying happy tears is the father who gives her away, and even then all he wants is for his little girl to be happy. And maybe one person who ain't crying happy tears would be someone at the wedding who was either in love with the groom or one who was in love with the bride and they're sad because they know it's too late." She wipes her eyes.

~Timeskip~

Uma had texted me saying she needed me. I go to her room. And she pulls me in. She smirks but something was different, it wasn't right. "Wha' did ye need?" I asked. She holds out a cupcake. "Give it to (Yn) for her birthday today, this is taking too long and we need that wand." I look at it and realize. "Wait, ye want me teh spell 'er?" My eyes widen. She fake pouts. What's wrong with you Uma?

"That won't be a problem will it Harry? The only reason it would be a problem is if you actually cared for the girl which, we both know you don't... right Harry?" "Right..." "So then I don't see a problem with wanting to hurry along this process." I stare at it. "Okay... I'll uh.... go give eht to 'er then." "Good, now go get her... Harry." Something's off with Uma but...

I get to our dorm and she's sitting at her desk. She turns and smiles at me. "Happy birthday... Princess." I hold out the cupcake. She smiles brightly. "Awe Harry! You didn't have to do that!" She takes a bite, and her eyes go purple for a second and she looks at me. And the atmosphere changed. Captain's orders.