Road to Recovery

Your POV
It had been about a week since Harry got his injury, he could walk now but he couldn't put too much weight on it. We were heading to sit at our usual lunch table when he brings up a topic I never thought would bother me. "I can't believe we only have half a week until ye don't every class me anymore." I pause. It's been two and a half weeks since they arrived? "H-huh... I guess it has been two weeks...." I trailed. "What's the matter lass, he gonna miss being by me side every second of every day?" He mocks.

I shove him gently. "Not a chance Hooky." I smile. "Not that nickname again, I thought we were over that." "Nope. Not even close." "Yer lucky yer cute." I blushed. "Would you stop that!" I covered my face. "Stop wha' lass?" "Calling me cute!" "Awe but why would I do that?" "Because I asked?" "Ye don't stop callin' me Hooky when I ask. Why should I stop callin' ye cute if ye don't listen to my request." I open my mouth only to realize he's right. Stupid..... Flirty pirate. Why are you so... ugh. "That's wha' I thought." "Why do you keep calling me cute?" He stopped.

"'Cause ye are. Is that an issue?" He turns toward me. I look down. "Lass?" If you knew everything that's the last thing you'd call me. I looked down at the necklace. I shouldn't wear this... not when I haven't told him everything. I start to take it off. "Whoa, lass wha' are ye doing?" He steps in front of my stopping me from taking it off. "I... I shouldn't wear this Harry." "Why? Wha' makes ye think that?"

Harry's POV
She stands there, hands at the back of the necklace ready to unclip it. "Lass." "I don't deserve it." An unintentional bitter laugh falls from my lips. Trust me, you deserve it more than I do. "Lass, ye deserve this. Besides, whether er not ye think ye deserve eht, doesn't matter. I say ye deserve eht and I want ye teh wear eht okay?" She looks up at me. "But... I'm keeping secrets from you... you should know everything before you give me something like this..."

We all have secrets. "We all have secrets lass. They aren't said because they're not ready teh be said. When her ready teh tell me, I'm ready teh listen but until then, I'm happy wit where we're at okay?" She just stares at me. "But Harry—" "No ifs ands er buts about eht. Yer wearin' that necklace 'til I say ye should take eht off. Which will never happen got eht?" She looks down, her face turning pink. "O-Okay." "Good, now lets go eat." We sit down at the table and we start eating.

~Timeskip~

Her birthday was in about six days. I wondered what I should get her. Wait why does it matter? It's her birthday, she still has to think you care. You do care but— no, Harry, you don't care. You know that... sorta.

"Whatcha thinkin' about Harry?" Gil asks as I sit at the table by myself. "Nothin'." "You wanna get (Yn) something for her birthday don't you." I fight the red that tries to make it's way to my face. "You do don't you!" "Shut yer face Gil." I glare. "Whoa! Why are you so upset. You wanna get something nice for her, why are you so angry?" "Because I don't know what to do Gil!"

"What do you mean?" I groan. "I..." "You're conflicted." "Of course I am Gil! Wha' am I supposed teh do!" "You could stop manipulating her." I give him a look. "Uma wouldn't be very happy." "Who says Uma would find out?" "Gil, ye and I both know that Uma has 'er ways of findin' stuff out." "I know you like her Harry." "I do not. I do not like 'er."

"You're still going to deny it?" "Deny wha'? I don't know wha' yer talkin' about." Gil looks at me. "You really don't see it do you?" I roll my eyes. "See wha'?" "You've gone from protecting the fact that you're using her, to actually protecting her." I stayed silent. "I don't like 'er." He sighs. "Whatever helps you sleep at night." With that he walks away. "I DON'T CARE ABOUT 'ER! YE KNOW I CAN'T!" I holler after him. He doesn't respond just keeps walking away. I don't care about her. Well.... I don't want to at least.

Parker's POV
So he's been manipulating her.... interesting. When she finds out she'll be broken. She won't believe you if you tell her now, she has to find out on her own. First Uma has to convince Harry to use the love spell on her. Yeah. "When will that happen?" I hear him chuckle darkly in the shadows. "Uma will have him do it... in six days." The day of her birthday.