Hader Than I Thought

Harry's POV
I was sitting in class, bored and not really pay attention anymore, that is until... "And we are having a dance in a few weeks! Be sure to keep in mind someone you may wanna ask, if that may be the case." I sat up slightly. A dance? For some reason everyone in the class turned and smirked at me. What? Are you expecting me to ask her? Well... I should. Oh! I should since technically she is my girlfriend.... should I?

The bell rang, which meant it was time for lunch. Immediately, I shot up from my seat. Gotta move quick. As quickly as I could I met (Yn) outside of her class. I get there and see Pat, Pinocchio's son. I get there and gently push him away from her with a glare. "How many time do I have teh tell ye runts teh stay away from me girl?" He glares back at me. "Until she's not your girl anymore." "Tha's not gonna happen." "Sure it won't. One day she's gonna realize that you're just Isle trash."

My jaw clenched, and I was about to respond until. "Excuse me? What did you just say to him?" My head snaps to (Yn) with wide eyes. He looked at her, his eyes also wide. "I-I said th-that one day y-you'd realize th-that he-he's Isle t-trash...?" She steps in front of me, with a cold glare. "Let me make this clear. You are to never, EVER speak about him that way, and if I find out about it... you better have a good place to hide. Because I'm gonna have to be help back if I find out that you trashed him."

She took a deep breath calming herself, as she spoke eerily calm. "Because compared to you, he's Auradon's most expensive diamond. If you hurt him in anyway, you're gonna have to fight me." And with that she walks away. I watch her walk away with a dropped jaw. Well.... that was...... attractive. She turns around. "Aren't you coming?" I snap out of it and follow her but not before sending a smug smirk at Pat.

"Love, tha' was by far one of the most attractive things tha' ye have ever done." She blushes. "Th-thank you..." "Anytime Love." She looks up at me and gives a shy smile. My word she's so pretty. "Do ye remember wha' was fer lunch tehday?" She thinks for a moment. "I think something mashed potatoes?" I hum in response. "So (Yn)—" I start but get cut off.

"(Yn)! (Yn)!" Lonnie runs up to us with a large grin on her face. (Yn) grins at her. "Hey Lonnie what's up?" "Jay asked me to the dance!" (Yn)'s eyes widen and she smiles brightly. "Oh my goodness, that's amazing Lonnie! Congratulations! You guys have been dating for what... a couple months? And he hadn't asked you out on any dates, that's amazing Lonnie! I'm s happy for you." She smiles and gives her a hug.

"Congratulations lass, ye have a decent lad." Lonnie gives me a look with a smile, I only chuckle. "So what about you guys?" "Mm, haven't been asked yet, but it's fine. I'm sure I'll get asked eventually." With that (Yn) walked away. Lonnie gave me a look. "I'm workin' on eht." I respond. She laughs. "Calm down Harry, you have three weeks, I know she won't say yes to anyone but you." I open my mouth to speak, and words I didn't think would come out of my mouth did. "Really?"

Huh? What do I mean really?! She loves me, of course— oh... right... it's a spell. And that hurts, but not as much as it will when it's over. She laughs. "Awee, of course Harry. She loves you." Yeah, because of a spell. "Take your time Harry, asking someone to a dance may be harder than you think." I nod then follow after (Yn) catching up quickly.

~Timeskip~

Three days, oh my word I have three days... and I still haven't done it. I can't tell she's disappointed.... I'm trying (Yn), I'm trying. "Gah... this is harder than I thought." "Just relax and ask her." I look up at Jay with a glare. "Ye don' think I've tried tha'? I can' just ask 'er... eht's gotta be... I don' know..." Jay chuckles. "You really are smitten with her, who would've thought the great Harry Hook, would be smitten with (Yn) Darling."

I stand up and start to pace the floor, today I had moved all my stuff into my new dorm. I hated it. "I'm not smitten, I don't know why everyone keeps sayin' tha'." "You're even in denial, isn't that great." "Would ye shut up about me supposedly bein' I love wit 'er fer five minutes and help me figure out how on earth I'm supposed teh ask 'er teh go teh the dance wit me."

Jay chuckles again. "Just, ask. Her." I sigh. "Get out yer not helpin'." He chuckles again. "Just, ask her. Get some rest lover boy." I shout after him as he walks out. "I'm not in love wit 'er!" I go to lay down, but I can't sleep. What if they get to her while I can't protect her? What if she loses sleep again? What if— I shake my head and get out of bed. I walk over to where my dorm used to be, and right on time.

"Go back teh yer room Pat." He groans and heads back to his room. I sit in front of the door, continuing to scare off the guys. Eventually I fall asleep.

~Timeskip~

"Harry?" I hum slightly in response and look up opening my eyes slightly. "L-Lass?" I ask. She sighs. "Did you sleep out here all night?" "Well... I couldn' sleep in me dorm so..." She crouches down next to me with a smile. "So you stayed out here to protect me. Awe Harry that's so sweet..." She smiles shyly and pecks my cheek. Oh...

My face tints slightly, I look up at her. "Hey, can I ask ye somethin'?" She looks at me. "W-would ye like teh.... go teh the dance wit me?" "Awe Harry I would love to!" "Really?" "Yes awee I'm so glad you asked, I was worried you wouldn't. I chuckled. "I just didn' know how." "You could've just asked." "But tha' didn' seems like eht would've been good enough fer ye." "Harry, anything you do for me, will always be good enough. Come on, we have to prepare for the dance in a few days, they give us two days to prepare. I have to go to Evie and get my dress altered if needed, and I think she already made you a suit."

"I'll see you later." With that she pecks my cheek again and walks away. This is a weird feeling.