Chapter 7 [ Part 1 ]

==== Chapter 7   [ Part 1 ] ====

"K— Kielle! Kielle—!"

Peach gets pretty teary as soon as she takes in the sight of her cousin awake from his comatose state. The girl rushes to him, hugging him; and you watch them. No, you watch him as he remains expressionless and silent. Since earlier, Kielle has been mute. You are quite worried that he might have damaged his head like what nurse, Olivia, told you a day ago.

"Kielle, are you feeling fine? Hungry?"

Continuously, Peach questions her cousin in concern; and he remains unresponsive just like earlier, just blinking his blank golden eyes. She does not seem to notice though as the platinum blonde- haired girl ushers you to go and buy food for him.

You are however reluctant.

Although it has already been an hour, you are afraid that Ashes might just be out there and really attempt to come and keep you to himself. You're really grateful to Dante, never really expecting that he'll come and save you like you have pleaded him before.

You'll thank him later. You swear.

"(Y/N)!"

You blink your eyes and see both cousins staring at you. Your cheeks turn red, and you hesitantly nod. She gives you a smile, saying her thanks. You smile back, stealing some quick glance at the golden-eyed boy.

He gazes back at you.

Once you return to the room, you see Peach and Kielle inside, still in the same position like you have left them before. Giving the paper bag that contains some food to Peach, she gives you her gratitude.

You scratch the back of your neck,  aware of the thought that you will not ever get the money you spent. You take your sit in the stool as you observe the white- haired girl happily checks out the food.

"Oh, look! It's your favorite snack!"

Peach brings out a large paper bowl of bibimbap. Kielle emptily stares at it then looks away as if he didn't see or hear anything at all. She pouts as she wonders to herself why her cousin is acting like that, still denying what she has been informed earlier by the medical staff. No— her cousin is strong. He would not be that weak to receive a brain damage.

But then again, he's a human.

You, on the other hand, narrow your eyes at his unusual behavior, not knowing what have happened earlier. But then, you know that you already have a conclusion that Kielle's damaged in the brain. Who could have survived that anyways without being affected in some way?

Peach tries to shove a spoon to Kielle.. who merely only disregards her attempts to help him. "Kielle, please. You need to eat," she helplessly tries to persuade her cousin. Kielle does not even spare a glance to the spoon. He just mutely turns away as he stares off to some space; clearly emptiness is obvious in his gaze. Watching them, you're immediately struck by a pang of pity.

After ten more minutes, your friend eventually gives up from feeding Kielle. Her blue eyes has started to tear up. She sniffs, and she turns around to shield her tears from you and her cousin. No. She does not want to believe it. But it is the truth. Smashing his head to the wall, Kielle caused himself a brain injury.

He may have become mute forever.

He could have lost his ability to walk. He could have lost his ability to rationally think... There is also a big chance that Kielle is not Kielle anymore. Peach's tears fall down, and she lets out a sob. Not wanting to be there anymore... She exits the room.

You look at the door that is still open.

Your heart is feeling a bit heavy, and you know that some thing is going on right now... regarding to Kielle's health. You turn your attention to your friend's cousin. The man still remains staring off to that space with that empty look in his golden eyes.