Chapter 17 [ Part 2 ]

===== Chapter 17   [ Part 2 ] =====

Flashback from earlier

Just earlier, when he held you hand without asking your permission, Kielle was very inconsiderate with you. His grip was  too tight, causing you to wince from the slight pain. When you tried to release your hand from his grip, you were not given attention. He foolishly ignored your calls and only stared at the man who dared to make him feel such anger and anxiety, only snapping out from that action when someone decided to intrude.

No.

It's not Peach nor Dante.  It was Gerald. He doesn't know of this playboy's name, but he recalled him from the day before. He hated his guts for his intrusion; but right now, but he was grateful for him suddenly intruding. "You are Peach, right?" Gerald winked at his cousin. Golden eyes blinked, and he quickly dropped your hand. Finally, that young man realized what he was doing.  Kielle stood up then ran, leaving you guys.

You stood up. "I have to go!!!" you announced in a tone filled with worry and concern for your friend. You were about to run away when the quiet man surprisingly took your hand and forced you to stay.

You were taken aback.

Not only you, the other girl was also surprised.. Staring down at your hand that was captured by his, your (E/C) eyes then averted back to those silver irises. He did not utter anything, but he just gazed at you. Tha— that was probably the second or third time that he did something strange again?

But no..

You cannot stay.

"I need to see if he is okay, " you gravely informed him, gently taking his grip off with your other hand— before proceeding to follow Kielle. He emotionlessly observed you walk away... Walk away from him. J̶e̶a̶l̶o̶u̶s̶y̶;  No, anger hid within him.. Peach was not that oblivious and caught the feeling her crush was having. Ignoring those flirty remarks from beside her, she placed a hand on his arm.

"You'll see her later." She tinily smiled.

Alessio wasn't having any of that. He pushed her hand away. Never giving the woman beside her a glance, he stood up. He was the one who left next the table. With Peach's own friends gone, she was now alone with the damn playboy. Gerald realized it, blushing and feeling kinda happy for having such a opportunity to solo this beautiful girl.

"I didn't know you're friends with (Y/N) and Kielle..." Gerald stuttered, trying to start a conversation with her. Peach heaved out a sigh, never wanting to be with him. Peach didn't even remember his name. "And so what?" Those blue eyes glanced at her, almost narrowing into some glare. "Do you have to know that?"

Normally... the man could think of a comeback to retort back;  but upon seeing harsh glares from her, the young man suddenly lost his voice. Then Gerald strangely felt pain in his heart.

What?

"I— " he tried to say something, but Peach silenced him. She pushed her chair away from the table with her hands then she stood up. "Look, I am off- limits. You can't flirt with me nor talk to me. I don't like you and never will I. Sure, you're handsome, darling—"

She rolled her sky blue eyes from the insulting petname, "But I do not have interest in any of your kinds.." Peach spits out.. "How about you go to that girlfriend of yours right now?"

She pointed at the beautiful woman who had just entered the canteen. Gerald quickly turned his head and saw one from his two girlfriends Bea.. The playboy suddenly felt humiliation. He wanted to deny it, but how can he when he's already discovered? "Baby!" Bea smiled and ran to him, immediately clinging to his arm. Gerald's face was filled with worry.

"I— I—"

"Who is this?" Bea innocently turned to Peach, curious. Gerald opened his mouth, but no words came out... Bea already had her assumptions, but the girl was willing to throw away all of that if Gerald said his lie. He couldn't utter out any words though. Peach's expression was not impressed by his tongue-tiedness, so she decided to say that damn truth.

"Some girl he's trying to flirt at." Bea gasped. The other girl smiled on the other hand. "No worries, I don't have such interest in him. You can keep that womanizer.. My only advice is that you have to put a leash on him. That boyfriend of yours can be so—"

She sighed.

"unloyal."

Gerald's brown eyes widened, not expecting the girl's words. The back of his neck felt warm. The man tried defending his words, but Peach didn't bother to listen. "Farewell!" She bade and walked away.

Flashback Ends

Lunch

Kielle holds his head in worry,  fearing that you'll finally choose to abandon him for his quite irrational act earlier. He doesn't mean it; he doesn't mean it, but his emotions accidentally spill out. He just does not like the way how those silver eyes trap you in its gaze, and it's because of jealousy— the very major reason why he doesn't like it when Alessio stares at you.

"Oh, come on. Kielle—"

You huff as you attempt to get your friend to look at you. Trying to touch his face, you can't help but pout when he will always push your hand away. Your brows furrow in disappointment, but you will not let yourself to abandon him. He is your friend (can be even called a crush ), so why will you?

"Look. I told you. It's fine. I'm not mad."

This, by the way, is not the first time you're saying these words to him, but Kielle really doesnt seem to trust your words. You feel sad and disappointed of course. Golden eyes peek up from his hand and see your expression. He feels pain in his heart when he sees that.

"I—" You quietly heave out a sigh as you earnestly give him a look. "You do not really trust me enough, Kielle? You think I'll abandon you after awhile?"

He immediately lifts his gaze up. He opens his mouth to disagree. Not intending to make you feel you that way... but it is quite difficult for him to stay afloat from all the insecurities.

Of course you are always there to remind him that he is important. Your presence even helps. But sometimes he can't help but believe the words of his Uncle.

"I trust you, (Y/N). I believe you," Kielle murmurs as he strokes your cheek.. The skin he touches turns a little bit pink. You're surprised once again. Retreating away, you nod and say that you're happy.. But in the inside, you're panicking.

With such intimate gestures, can this still be considered friendship? "Now — since you're done sulking, may we take our lunch now?" you ask with a small smile in your face. Kielle happily nods and takes your hand again as if the sadness that's lingering within him has never existed. Your eyes widen but soon goes back its normal size. You are simply glad that he's okay now.

Pushing the door open, you are surprised to see...

Dante?!

His face is kind of red and sweaty.. as if the guy has been running. He seems to be in a hurry?? Oceanic - blue eyes widen in surprise as his gaze lands on you. His face turns more red than before?? In his hands is that familiar paper bag again? "You're still here?!" he stammers as if he has been caught.

"Um, what are you doing here?"

You ask, confused.