Chapter 11 [ Part 5 ]

==== Chapter 11   [ Part 5 ] ====

Harshly shoved inside the cafe after being dragged right into it. Ashes, in return, glares at the two men. The men don't care however. As soon as they accomplish the job given, they turn around and go back to the black car. He glares at them before settling his gaze in front.  Right as soon as he does that though, he regrets it.  His father — that bastard — is sitting with the woman he has come to despise so much.

It's even more annoying that a smile is on his dad's face. Looking at Eliza. Those brown eyes that usually hold no emotion glows with delight.. He talks to her while Eliza smiles back at him, glad to have a companion for awhile while taking her time here in the cafe.

Ashes presses his lips.

It does not take that long enough before the bitch Eliza notices his unwanted presence. Her blue eyes widen in concern. She immediately stands up and runs to Ashes' side.

His father's smile disappears as soon as the woman he loves leaves his side. It deepens even more as he takes notes the appearance of his son and the blood stain on Ashes's face. He stands up, glaring. Disrespectful! He walks towards them, having the urge to slap his child. Phoenix cannot do so however because Eliza— oh his sweet Eliza— is with them.

"A— are you alright?"

Eliza is about to touch Ashes's face,  but his harsh glare prevents her before she can even land a hand on him. A grimace. She grimaces but retreats her hand for Ashes's wishes.

"What happened to you? Did someone do this?" Eliza's voice is so soft, sweet, and small.. Phoenix's heart is so fluttered by this, but he's beyond mad when his fucking own son throws a mocking smile at the woman. "–And what are you gonna do, bitch?  You're gonna make them ask forgiveness from me. How about you—"

"Ashes!"

His voice booms, silencing everyone inside the cafe. His shade of darker brown eyes narrows at his son. He might have shut himself up;  but Ashes this time throws a smile right to his father, intending to irritate him this time. The man almost raises a hand on him,  but Eliza immediately notes his anger.

She places a hand on his arm.

"Phoenix," she whispers, "Let's go take a seat."

Phoenix instantly calms down. Turning his gaze towards Eliza, he lets a small smile covers his face. Oh sweet — sweet Eliza smiles back, unaware of the love he has been holdinng for her for years. Letting Eliza guide him to the table, Phoenix tilts his gaze to his son, giving him a look filled with warning.

"Ashes," he coldly says.

The son bites his tongue, trying to shove back a remark from escaping. He does not even want to be here! But a single glare from his father causes him to obey. The boy could still remember the past times when he lived alone with his delusional father. Right after his mom died, that father of his would always make their maids prepare for some visitor.  Usually, that visitor wouldn't turn up; and when that happens, his dad would drink until the alcohol goes no more.

And yes, that visitor he pertained is Eliza.

And when Eliza does show up, his father would pretend that he's heartbroken from his mom's death. But no, he's just sick. He's just love sick for Eliza instead. He blinks those chocolate- brown eyes of his as he dullishly stares down at the table.

"What do you want to order, dear?"

Ashes lets go a frustrated exhale. What is he even doing here?! Ashes curls his hands while he does not respond. "Fucking leave me alone," he growls. Standing up, that young man couldn't take it anymore. He glares at Eliza. Ashes glares at his father. He is about to say something more when he feels pain slaps him out of it.

A slap. His dad has slapped him.

"You don't fucking disrespect me and especially Eliza!" Phoenix screams at him while Ashes gives him a blank expression. Of course, a slap. His dad tends to slap him when he doesn't like what he is doing. The poor woman gasps, caught in the situation that the she does not really want to partake in.

"Ashes... Phoenix..."

Phoenix has an apologetic expression etched on his cold face."I'm sorry. My son is not taught well at home. I will make sure to punish him before today ends," he warmly assures,  but Eliza is only horrified from what her friend has done just now.

"No, no..." she tells him, "It's fine."

She lowers her head.

"Instead, I'm sorry. I know Ashes wouldn't like to see me, but I still wished to see him. I. It's my fault. This wouldn't happen if I only—"

Phoenix shakes his head as he instantly grabs her hand, silencing her. "No, it's not your fault, okay. Don't blame yourself," he sweetly reassures her.

Eliza sighs, taking away her hands from him. She is not even convinced by his reassurance.. She knows that all's her fault.

Turning her gaze to the lad, she only sees his back while Ashes emotionlessly walks away from them... Her heart sadly aches for him. Maybe his words are true. Maybe— she's the one who destroyed his family.

"Eliza?"

She blinks her eyes.

"I— I'm okay," she whispers while reaching out for her mango shake to chill herself down.