Chapter 13 [ Part 3 ]

==== Chapter 13   [ Part 3 ] ====

Mrs. Nikolaise's face immediately looks sullen as soon as those cops leave her office. Missing teenagers... Recalling all the faces of those students, she does recognize them as the friends of Ashes; but she couldn't. The woman doesn't really want to give the police the idea that Ashes might be involved of the case, but still... Eliza has to tell them what she knows.

"Thank you for cooperating with us, Mrs. Nikolaise," the fatter cop says as he tips his hat at her. The woman gives him a nod.

The door shuts close.

She feels sad as she lets her gaze slowly wander over to that picture frame of herself and her husband.  That kid, Ashes, may be sometimes troublesome; but he wouldn't dare do such kidnappings or such. Neither her own son. Alessio and his friends have personally promised to her that they would not commit such acts while they all are here.

Her mind is flying off to lala land.

The woman only snaps back to reality when her phone goes off. Blinking her eyes, Eliza turns her gaze to the screen.  Immediately, her lips curve into a smile as she quickly answers it. "Damiano!"

In the other side of the line, the middle-aged man's eyes soften upon the hearing his wife. He sighs, puffing out a smoke, after he throws that useless cigarette away. "My queen," he softly murmurs. In spite wanting to savor his wife's voice, he remembers the reason why he called her. "The cops. They visited you?"

Eliza suddenly stops.

"Ah, yes..."

He narrows his silver eyes. "They are troubling you, my queen?" Eliza hears a click, and she knows that her dear husband is holding a gun right now... It's truly a wonder how Damiano can learn so fast of these things when the cops only just left her office. But maybe it's true that he truly has people watching over her.

"Oh. They aren't, Damiano," she softly assures the man. "It's just about missing students. They're asking me if I have any idea what happened," she solemnly says. "But Damiano. I have no idea."

"And I fear that this might not be the very last time this will happen..." Eliza just hopes that those teenagers are still alive. She could only hope. Maybe she can ask help from her husband. Surely he will help her. "Damiano..? Will you help me with this?" she asks him, and the man could only mutters a yes.

"Of course, my queen. Anything. Anything for you," he softly says. Ending the phone call with his lovely queen, Damiano harshly slaps the phone down to the table. The cannibal flinch at the sound, and he looks up at the beast with pleading eyes. "Please. Please."

Damiano glares at him.

"How about you go and eat yourself." With those words, Damiano leaves the room.  The cannibal is terrified. But there's nothing he can do.  Murder and Chaos both have already drawn out the butcher knives and have started to chop the gluttonous person's limbs. "No! No!! Please! I beg og you— no!!!!"