Chapter 8 [ Part 5 ]

[ A/N: And I'm not supposed to write today,
but damn it. ]

==== Chapter 8 [ Part 5 ] ====

"So that is the reason why—"

Slowly nodding his head while your father mutters under his breath. It is obvious that he pities the teen before him after Ashes has explained the reason behind his shocking actions. Fortunately, Dad understands him and decides to forgive him anyways. His stories have totally managed to capture your father's heart.

A father not caring for his son is unheard of. Why would this lad's father choose to ignore his son for work?! Your father is still in disbelief from what he has heard. And he doesn't have a mother right?—like you don't have too as well. It's no wonder that he acted out like this. He wasn't just properly guided by his parents.

A fatherly affection dawns on him; he places a hand on Ashes's arm. "Okay, I forgive you—" He stops for a bit. "—just a little bit. But next time...please! Please do not attempt to steal my daughter from me again or else I'll always be really to kill you."

Ashes is not even slightly fazed by your father's warning. He just nods several times as if he is an obedient kid who has never done a rebellious act in his whole life time. The man smiles, contented by his response.. You, on the other hand, don't believe him but remain silent because you do not want to disrupt the calm state your dad is in right now.

Um. You do not really want Dad to lash out again like he has done earlier. You are kinda afraid that the authorities will call for him again, and he'll be in trouble.

Luckily, Ashes is with you guys, and he has money. He is able to bribe the people in charge to let your father off the hook. Well you can say that is one of the reasons your old man forgave him.

"Your name is Ashes, right?"

"Yes."

The red haired man nods, only to be surprised when Dad gives him a fatherly pat. "Well, Son. Not all dads are like your dad. If you would like, you can call me Dad... If it's okay for you? I would like to replace that father of yours. He doesn't deserve a son anyways."

You gape at him— at what your father said.

"Really?!" Ashes exclaims, shocked. Later, a soft smile spreads on his face as he nods. "Thank you—" the man hesitates but says it anyways, "—Dad."Your father lets some smile out again and pats him in the arms. You are actually not pleased to see them softening up with each other, but you just let them be...

"Ca— can I hug you, Dad?" Ashes asks, kinda shy.

Your father nods and gives him a tight hug.

Ashes is surprised but is very well in bliss by the given warmth. It is never given to him by his father anyways. Now, he knows what this feels like.

This reminds Ashes of his dear mother. Tears rises up in those eyes' corners, and now the boy feels like crying on your father. The embrace doesn't last long however. Dad pulls away before warmly smiling and shuffling his head. "You seem like you're going to cry, Son."

"I am," Ashes murmurs.

You stare at them before letting out a fake cough to grab their attentions. "I have to go now, Dad. Peach is waiting for me." At those words, your dad's smile wavers and is replaced with a frown.. "Did I not tell you that I will not allow you to go?"

You pout. "You have Ashes anyways. You can bond with him. But this is really an emergency... I have to go now." The conversation lasts for about fifteen minutes, but you are able to convince him anyways. Waving a goodbye to both of them, you run outside to grab a taxi. Unknown to you, Ashes looks at you with longing eyes.

"You like my daughter?" Father questions, but it doesn't need to be asked anymore. It is already a given this teen likes you. Ashes snaps out of his daze as he turns to this middle-aged man. He softly blushes and nods. It's weird that he feels embarrassed now for confessing to your dad. Your father's lips is in a straight line.

"That's cute, but I have a request to ask for you."

"What is it?" Ashes asks.

"Don't go pursuing my daughter. That is— if you would like to be in my good side, Ashes. I would continue to be your dad if you do my request." Ashes's feels rage builds up within him, but he already misses the love of a father. So Ashes nods to his request. That can be fixed later any ways, he whispers to himself.

Anyways, you manage to arrive at Peach's house at 5:24 P.M. As you knock in the door, you are very surprised to perceive Alessio's silver eyes. —But that is not only one which surprised you.

Your eyes stays longer on the red stains on his shirt. Is... that blood? When Alessio notices that gaze of yours, he suddenly closes the door once again. You jump by what Alessio did, and you quietly wonder to yourself if that's really blood. Or maybe it's just a design? The door later opens with Peach in your line of sight.

"(Y/N), where have you been?!! I have been waiting for you!" she asks in a loud voice, quickly engulfing you in some bear hug. You feel awkward by this but hug back.. "Surprisingly, Dad is hard to talk to earlier. He does not really want to go here since Kielle is here." A sigh is let go... The exhaustion of trying to convince your dad just shows up right now.

"Oh, is it because Kielle is a male?"

"Yes."

"Dad is cute." Peach giggles, which you do not find it humurous at all.

It's not nice to have an overprotective father around you. But anyways, you are really tired right now. You cannot help but ask for a glass of water from her. Peach happily answers yes, happy to do some service to her best friend. Or rather her guest.

"Can you give me some water?"

"Gladly!" Peach chirps and immediately leaves you for your glass of water. While she is away, you let yourself enter the house, closing the door behind you as you do. Turning around, you see Dante who gives you a smile.. Wait, a smile? Your cheeks turn red at the strange smile. But you smile back nonetheless.

"Hi," you say.

"Hi," he greets back, still with that friendly smile, and walks away nothing happened.