Chapter 12 [ Part 5 ]

==== Chapter 12 [ Part 5 ] ====

In front of you, there stands Alessio and Dante. And you are very happy and relieved to see them finally arrive as that only means Peach and Kielle may finally leave your house. And besides that, it's already late. You look at the time on your silver wrist watch. Specifically, it's 8:24 in the evening. Your father usually returns home by ten. So thank goodness, they came before father.

We couldn't have your dad breaking another stuff again. There's really a high chance that he might if he sees any male inside the house. Just right after what happened to you with Ashes, Dad certainly will not be forgiving and kind. You are after all his precious child.

But speaking of Ashes...

Carefully shutting the door, you prevent yourself from allowing your mind about to carelessly wonder around nonsense thought especially to the real reason why the certain doorknob is chosen.

It's pretty but has no logical reason why it has to be like that. Normal plain and metallic. That will be ok for you. And oh my gosh, you are totally straying away from the important matters. Your cheeks turn pink as you shakily stare at the knob you're holding.

Dante notices your gaze.

He can't help but nudge his cold boss. It's unintentional however but he realizes it too late. His boss has felt the nudge. Silver eyes darken from the contact. Fortunately Alessio doesn't dare to show his anger since you are in front of them. So instead of raging, Alessio breathes in before then earnestly asking you of your opinions.

"Is the doorknob to your liking?"  That's what he asked. You're surprised. Dante almost chokes. The blush stays. Dante has expected you to say no, but you shrug as you reply, "It's fine; I guess..." Then a smile of tease slowly goes up your face. "Did you choose this?" Alessio isn't fazed by it. Or maybe he pretends to. Shaking his head, Alessio answers back "no."

"Oh."

You blink your eyes. "By the way. Did you guys go to Ashes earlier?" you softly ask,"Are you able to talk to Ashes?"   The silver-eyed man stares at you for a long while, causing you to slightly get uncomfortable. Who wouldn't though? Not being able to stare back at those intimidating silver eyes, you turn to look at Dante. You instantly get taken aback by the smirk on his lips.

"Yeah. That bastard was taken care off." Dante lets out a laugh.  "We can assure you that the fucking creep won't come close to you again because if he does— I'm gonna gladly fucking torture him and kill his—" Alessio quiets him as he places a hand before him.

"Dante."

You blink your eyes, confused. Alessio turns to you. He then strangely gives you a g— gun. What?  "Use this if Ashes troubles you again," he quietly says. You quickly push the damn weapon back to his hands as if it's some disgusting thing. "Alessio! I—I don't know how to use guns; and I'm not licensed to use it and..."

Dante bursts out laughing. What the fuck are you saying? Truly. This girl has no idea of the dark side of this world. The blonde haired guy laughs.

"Oh, (Y/N). Just click the trigger; and it's for your own protection," Dante lightly says.

You stutter, "B— but."

Perceiving  the hesitance and fear lingering within your eyes, Alessio distances the weapon away from you. But Alessio still tries to persuade you to take it. Because— what if Ashes comes back; and they aren't there... Who would protect you? Alessio doesn't really want to lend some deadly weapon to you, but—  

"Guns aren't toys. They kill people." Alessio stops for a moment as he takes a hand of yours. "But they also save people. And this—" He gently puts the gun. "This is for you.  If we are not there, you can use this to protect and save yourself from danger."